Search results for query: *

• Users: yegg
  • Order by date
  1. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Grank said:
    I'm pretty sure they will automatically gain fiefs now. Quite a number of fiefs will defect to the Targaryen faction when the invasion starts.

...well, that's good news. That was the case in 2.X, and I know it changed in the 4-5 range. Glad to hear it's back.

Grank said:
    and that was in Gekokujo.

I can't tell you how much time I spent playing that mod; I even "beta-tested" 3.0 when it was released. Looking through my old comments, that was really the last time I touched M& B.
  2. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

This may not be the right place to ask, but I haven't played this mod since 2.1, apart from a brief re-acquaintance in the version 4 or 5 range. As invading factions don't receive castles / towns upon landing, and I don't know when the triggers are at this point in the mod's development, I wanted to ask the following:

I'd like to run a playthough trying to support Young Griff himself; however, I'm not sure how to peacefully approach the invading Targ faction. I want to give him a foothold, but I'm not sure what will happen, based upon what I "own", lands-wise, and my situation.

Own Kingdom
    In the past, as a proof of concept, I (with console commands to aid in battles / sieges) set up my own kingdom, and then pledged vassalage to Aegon (back then, I had to complete the quest to get the trigger). This "gave" all of the castles / fiefs that were in my kingdom to his (...along with everything, troops / stored items) in it. This worked, but I wanted to know if there was another way.

Join as Merc / Independent Vassal, Start from Scratch
    I assume that one could always pledge / merc for Aegon, and work from the ground up, but this doesn't really give a solid foothold at the beginning.

Rebel against other, current Liege
    If I pledged vassalage to another liege lord / kingdom (say, the Reach), and chose to rebel, I'd create my own faction with potential some lords following me. If I then pledge to Aegon, would they, and the lands they own, also join the Targ faction?

Marriage
    Has anyone ever played through as a female character and tried to marry Aegon? Curious how that would work out.

Again, not sure really where to ask, but wanted to hear other's ideas / logic. It's been quite some time since I've touched M&B, so I apologize if the rust shows.

Thanks in advance!
  3. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Hey Cozur,

Took a break from Mount and Blade (last played ACOK 1.2ish), and am blown away by the work that makes up 2.2. Great job. Also, thank you for sticking to the lore, and your vision of of GRRM's realm, so well. It makes the immersion much deeper.

Main point: I noticed in the 2.3 preview the idea of camps/outposts, and it sounds similar to what mod-creater "phlpp" accomplished in his/her Gekokujo mod, in 3.0/3.1.

In his particular case, these act as "forts" that need to be captured / liberated (like a fortress). Once owned, one could store troops in a garrison, and every seven days one could acquire either fort-specific troops (not that great in quality), or some fort-specific trade items.

There were six total, and the amount you could capture was a function of Renown.

It's unlikely that you have time to play other modifications of Mount and Blade, and I know how strict you are about using other's work, so perhaps a quick convo with phlpp, on some of his work, could help you avoid some pitfalls or troublesome areas he had to navigate.

You have your own unique ideas, which has led to great content we all enjoy; just wanted to let you know what was out there already.

Thanks again!
    -Y
  4. Comments: 3.0 Released

jacobhinds said:
    Hm. I spot ugly_ass_tree.obj in that screenshot.

Phlpp, if you want i could make a flora_kinds for you that eliminates those horrible trees. The problem's with that file not coordinating with polished landscapes. I've also made some more realistic blossom trees, if you want them.

I remember those blossoms from a while back; I'll +1 that wholeheartedly.

deuxhero said:
    Got a kill looters quests from Kasugayama and couldn't find the last set, so I made a copy of my save, entered cheat mode and used ctrl+t. I couldn't find them anywhere. Either they are spawning off map, or part of the script broke when I helped a lord kill them.

I've had problems in other mods where a passing lord sweeps them up, as they are "generic" looters, as opposed to specific, non-aggro neutral spawns other quests have (which typically a blue number vs. the standard white).
  5. Comments: 3.0 Released

NobunagaZK said:
    I noticed when I was hunting Kinai rebels that their parties don't "stack" anymore. Was this done on purpose? In 2.1a, when I would attack a ronin party, nearby ronin parties would join in on their side. Now I have to go through them one by one, really time consuming >_<

i THINK the Woku pirates stack; it might just be the microfactions that don't.
  6. Comments: 3.0 Released

Played (well, cheat-blitzed) through a Claimant quest line, and everything seemed to work correctly! Game is amazing, from what I've seen.
  7. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Hey all,

I asked Cozur in a PM for the regions where quests are initiated (not the town, place, and person, just a the general region), and he asked me to post out here. While I love exploring all of the new places (and will get to them all eventually), wandering around every castle, courtyard and tavern can be a bit mind-numbing (and while I wish I could play four hours on end, it just isn't the case).

Looking for something like this:
    The North: #
    Dorne: #
    Braavoss: #
    Westerlands: #
    ...etc.

Not looking for the Quest rewards, the specifics, etc. (due to spoiling, knowing what happens next), just the number that needs to be ticked in each region so it's "complete".

I got 60 or so days in the current campaign, and I'm staggered by the immersion one feels, between dialogue, scenes, and art. Great work, done in a very professional manner.
  8. Comments: 3.0 Released

I'm split 50:50 on this one, and have abstained from voting.

If we get the non-microfaction version, we can identify bugs, yes, but what happens if the changes needed to be made are buried in something modified for the microfactions? I wouldn't want to see parallel development, changing things for 3.0 AND trying to work on 3.1. Let's just start with microfactions and de-bug from there.

However, I'm all for bug-testing 3.0 (not expecting the savegame compatibility), then bug-testing microfactions, and then getting the full release. You can't rush proper development, and I have no doubt that members on this board have very creative ways of breaking the game which Our Hallowed Developer hasn't thought of.
  9. Comments: 3.0 Released

Quick question about the new weapons:

phlpp said:
    there are at least 10 of most blade weapons (in 8 tiers -- 3 are 'plain', 5 are named after a school of blacksmithing, 1 is masamune, 1 is muramasa).

Are the masamune and muramasa obtained like all other weapons (shops/loot drops) or from quests/sepcific enemies?
  10. Comments: 3.0 Released

jacobhinds said:
    I'm pretty confident that phlpp's going to make them a lot more interesting even without all the fancy stuff shown above, I mean look what he did with sieges, not a single line of code touched and they're the best sieges in warband.

+1 to this.

Many of the things that make this particular mod so enjoyable is the simple improvements that add depth; from the sieges (new maps, simple tweaks) to the troop trees (almost instant balance and bringing out tactics; battles play out more like chess than the who-has-the-most-pimped-out-troops contest) to the cinematic yet historically-based (we could argue accurate for eternity) aesthetic.

Keep it simple, and add effort and complexity when needed.

That being said, the naval battle would be intense. Archers/Gunners on upper platforms, spearmen holding the wall...
  11. Comments: 3.0 Released

This is a great thread to follow; it looks like this mod is becoming more well-rounded and complete every day.

I know many people are clamoring/begging for a dueling feature, and I was thinking that it could be a near-clone of a mission type that already exists (near-clone = less work)

We have all had the "this person killed one of my men, and is rumored to be hiding out in <insert town here>". I feel like the dueling "minigame" could use the same mission structure, except the quest-giver is a person in a tavern (maybe the person you're dueling, maybe just someone with information) and the spawn location is in one of the alleyways in town.

Then, you can stroll out, talk to them, and engage in a duel, wait, or decline the duel. Perhaps the wins/losses of duels could be reported on the main "Reports" page? The more complicated way would be to instantly spawn you at a different scene/location, much like tournaments or challenges for a love interest occur.

Just some thoughts, trying to keep it immersive and fun.
  12. Comments: 3.0 Released

I guess waiting for this update is making people a bit jumpy.

However, "Stating Specs" typically includes listing hardware and the capabilities; "super computer" is a bit of a naive term, as well, and the most common "unit" measured in lag is FPS. I bet there are threads about the performance of Warband on different hardware setups, but unless we're doing rendering tests of new environments or units from this mod, we should probably keep off the topic.

...and for anyone looking to get a cheaper entry into a gaming rig/setup, check Craigslist every once in a while. People tend to sell off their 2-3 year old systems, and since the price drops off precipitously after 3ish years (hardware becomes "obsolete" so quickly nowadays), you can get a bargain. I got a top-of-the-line system (by 2010 standards) this way, but beware; there's a large degree of difference in the care people take when selecting components and assembling.

Anyways, really looking forward to the new troop trees and balancing units for sieges, open field, and close quarter battles.
  13. Comments: 3.0 Released

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
    I actually want the non-save game compatible features to be out ASAP. The earlier they are out, the earlier someone will inevitably find bugs or things that needs tweaking with them.

Long time player, first time poster.

I agree with the above; leave out the additional modules (the major hurdles) for right now, and release what you have as 3.0 as a "beta" version, stating that there won't be savegame compatibility with the full release.

• We get to start playing 3.0, which is why we're all here (I know I don't speak for everyone, but it's the best expeiance with M&B:WB I've ever had)
    • You get a willing group of dedicated players to bug-test the mod, and put it through its paces (and we'd love to help!)
    • This buys you time to work on the aspects that require a painstaking amount of detail/focus (and time, of course), as well as looking into any last-minute additional items (looking up the previous Japanese warcry submod, figuring out slight changes with textures/models, etc.) that you may want to do

This mod is your work of art, and you don't want to release it until it's ready; however, you don't have to upload it to NexusMod and make a big deal about it; a quiet release in the forum with the files needed would be great for us, and, in my mind, great for you.

Hope all is well!
Back
Top Bottom