Search results for query: *

• Users: Rical
  • Order by date
  1. Rical

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Hello guys. I don't know if this is suggested by someone already but.
    Is there a way in siege battles to play as one of your troops once you die?
    I died pretty soon as a low level scrub helping Ravenstern and when i tried to pull back (using tab) to just order troops to charge w/o me to make it faster , I lost renown and honor (i think) ohh and morale.
  2. Rical

Advice for forming Pendor

How do you see if one lord is martial/upstanding etc..?
  3. Rical

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Strazh_Rassveta said:
    Make it possible to serve as a soldier in the army of the lords in the 3.9, with advancement in service. This is very lacking in Pendor. This will be a very valuable addition :smile:

There was (Don't know if it still exists) a mod that let you serve under lords etc.. Cant remember the name though
  4. Rical

[DISCUSSION] PoP General Talk / Discussion

Best mod out . Came back to wb to play this mod.. It's so fun !! Thanks for everything guys  :cool:
  5. Rical

Brutality Mode

jazzadellic said:
    I'm a long time fan of this mod, easily the best mod I played, but that was the M&B 1.011 version. Steam had all the M&B titles (M&B, Warband, Fire & Sword, Napoleonic Wars) for like $4 one weekend, so even though I already owned M&B, i decided to buy the package to try out Warband & multiplayer. MP sucked. And in general the WB combat animations completely threw me off too, couldn't hit s***.

Anyways, I decided to re-install some of my favorite old mods. I noticed there was a more up to date version of NE for WB, so I installed that one. But I have to say it's been a very big disappointment. I don't like being forced to play with "brutality mode" on. I like the ability to toggle on or off different things. I have no problem with you guys wanting to make the mod more challenging, but I have a very hard time understanding why you would force brutality mode. So after playing it for 30 minutes, I hated it. I decided to re-install the old 1.011 version instead. But after playing the old version (using an old game save at day 333) I realized, it was way too easy. I was managing to completely obliterate the Black Knights like they were 8 year old girls. So I decide, well ok, that version is too easy now, I guess I'll have to go with the WB brutality version. Spent a good amount of time building a small merc army, and got a few companions in the group, before even engaging any significant enemy groups. But then I take on I think one of the red colored bandit groups. At the end of my first major battle (if you can call a 30 vs 30 battle major), every companion in my party got wounded and got minus 2 to their agility. I'm thinking, this is pretty harsh. If every battle my companions or my toon gets minus 2 to some important stat, all our stats will be at 0 in a matter of one game month.

Anyways, I'm done messing with the WB version. Usually mods get better as you develop them over time. I really feel this mod has just gotten worse by forcing "brutality mode". If you guys would just let us toggle brutality on or off, or the individual changes on or off, this mod would still be fun. I'm not dissing your mod at all, just the decision to force brutality mode. So now the older version is too easy, and the new version is too annoying.

drugs-are-u-on-drugs-you-bad-evil.jpg
  6. Rical

Guide for the mainline quests [SPOILERS]

Been Searching around Ilvia for this troll cave , Can't find it  :mad:

Oh and by the way I bought a Heavy saddle horse and I have a warhorse chain armor, how do i "upgrade" my horse ?
  7. Rical

To Save Realistically Or To Not

HUtH said:
    I'm certainly to old for realistic save in PoP :razz: I was playing like that in native M&B and Brytenwalda but it was for a moment and for fun. In PoP the possibility of unexpected battles and defeats is to high :smile:

This  :mrgreen:
  8. Rical

Your Class and Weapon

Heavy Cav Character.

Armor:Lordly Heraldic Plate Armor
    Thick Black Steel Gauntlets
    Pendor King Helm
    Crude polished plate boots

Weapons: Ruby Rune Sword
    Long knight lance
    Reinforced ancient engraved shield

Desert War horse
  9. Rical

Opions on best faction to join and description of each factions culture?

Sarleon and ravenstern all the way  :twisted:
  10. Rical

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

conanthelibrarian said:
    I need a qualis gem to even start getting Noldor weapons, which leads to the quest to find thier secret castle.

So I still need one to get started with him right? 

I ended up wasting one on a castle I gave to a companion to have.  So what is this cheat menu thing you speak of?  A way to get that one qualis gem back?  How does that work?

ctrl+ ` then write cheatmenu,Press camp then cheat menu and find item... search there till you find qualis  to disable cheatmenu use ctrl + ` and type nocheatmenu
  11. Rical

McGib said:
    K I have a renown of about 1120, rep with my king of 60 and most of the lords of 20 or more yet I have yet to be made Marshal! I ask the king and the lords whom I have good rep with (40+) and none of them will support me. They are always worried about upsetting a friend.
    What do I have to do to get appointed Marshal??

Get Higher relations with all lords +10 and just wait . Be patient
  12. Rical

Can I invite a lord from a destroyed faction to join me?  :cry: I really want to invite Duke Alamar (60+ Relations, Really cool guy)

Other kingdoms can though.. Messages are popping Up in-game saying lord X has switched from kingdom of sarleon to kingdom of X .

If no... It's so unfair  :neutral:
  13. Rical

Aleter said:
    Also, after 1.151 all minor faction musical themes dissapeared, anyone knows how to fix it?

Check this thread
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,226397.0.html
  14. Rical

Getting Enough Troops to Take a Castle

Pandabomber said:
    Essentially what Crymson said. Wait for Fierdsvain or Sarleon to take it, then blammo. Ripe for the pickings. Border castles are usually the first to go in a war, unless your marshal has a fresh army large enough to go straight for a city, also known as what happens to Nal Tar within a month of in-game time.

600days In game Not even 1 siege in Nal - Tar.

15. Rical

MitchyMatt said:
    Rical said:
    MitchyMatt said:
    Then go attack a faction by yourself and start a war. Your King won't be to happy. But you will get to lead your glorious peers into battle!

I attacked ravenstern (Deliver your deminds option when met a lord then pressed leave)then When I went to ulric he said something like  you attacked one of our travellers somethin like that (argh should have took a pic) You gave them a reason to attack me .. and if they will then we will see were this ends my friend ! Can't remember it sorry (I have 55 relation with ulric)

Basically you increased your chances of Ravenstern to declare war on your alligned kingdom.

Yes we declare war to The empire  :twisted:
  16. Rical

MitchyMatt said:
    Then go attack a faction by yourself and start a war. Your King won't be to happy. But you will get to lead your glorious peers into battle!

I attacked ravenstern (Deliver your deminds option when met a lord then pressed leave)then When I went to ulric he said something like  you attacked one of our travellers somethin like that (argh should have took a pic) You gave them a reason to attack me .. and if they will then we will see were this ends my friend ! Can't remember it sorry (I have 55 relation with ulric)
  17. Rical

MitchyMatt said:
    Rical said:
    krisslanza said:
    Rical said:
    How do I "rebel" Haven't done this before, Do I choose to be released from my oath to my king  and then start taking castles and lords?

I've always followed my kings never tried to "rebel" now I got 30RtR 1286 Renown and 30 honor and I am thinking to do something new like build my own kingdom. Is this enough?

I am fighting for sarleon and has now only 2 cities and 7 castles  (I have good relations with lords 15+ with all of em and a few 25+ and with 2-3 dukes 40+)

Edit: I have 100k Gold just to be sure if I do this (well I won't till I get some answers. I have all my stuff(armors , boots , gloves , horses , books, weapons) at Kelredan castle (my wife is there) If I "rebel" Will I lose them till I claim the castle for myself?

To rebel ask to be given a conquered fief, and if you don't get it you can say you feel you've been betrayed by your liege and will rebel keeping all your fiefs. If you ask to leave you have to give them all up.

The thing is we Don't siege anything  :evil:

EDIT: If I am the marshal how can I  start a war?

I believe your kingdom you're aligned with must be currently at war with the x faction. You as a marshal are not supposed to declare war, but lead the armies during it. War is sole dependent on the other kingdoms and the actions vassals and the Kings take.

Ulric  has appointed me as a marshal of the kingdom but we are not at war with anyone :/

mb339.jpg
  18. Rical

krisslanza said:
    Rical said:
    How do I "rebel" Haven't done this before, Do I choose to be released from my oath to my king  and then start taking castles and lords?

I've always followed my kings never tried to "rebel" now I got 30RtR 1286 Renown and 30 honor and I am thinking to do something new like build my own kingdom. Is this enough?

I am fighting for sarleon and has now only 2 cities and 7 castles  (I have good relations with lords 15+ with all of em and a few 25+ and with 2-3 dukes 40+)

Edit: I have 100k Gold just to be sure if I do this (well I won't till I get some answers. I have all my stuff(armors , boots , gloves , horses , books, weapons) at Kelredan castle (my wife is there) If I "rebel" Will I lose them till I claim the castle for myself?

To rebel ask to be given a conquered fief, and if you don't get it you can say you feel you've been betrayed by your liege and will rebel keeping all your fiefs. If you ask to leave you have to give them all up.

The thing is we Don't siege anything  :evil:

EDIT: If I am the marshal how can I  start a war?
  19. Rical

20. Rical

conanthelibrarian said:
    When defending a castle, is there any strategy or tacitcs you use?

Whenever I try to set up archers in a cdertian palce away from teh aldder, it seems to take too long and just bunch everone up, so no one is firing at the enemy.  then trying to get infantry to bunch up in front of the ladder doesn't seem to work for me either.

Am I doing something wrong?  What strategy do others use for this?  I can barely get a 1:1.5 ratio of deaths to kills.

Also, how do I improve my relaitons with the Noldor?  I have a quallis gem I would like to give to Quifgen to open up noldor weapons and armor, but he says I need to have the Noldor trust me.

Or should I just use it to buy an elixer from the book merchant right now and improve my skills?  I am level 20 right now and only have 1 village.

I use charge command for infantry, I leave archers as they are placed,their spawn place is decent, Usually I kill 30 troops in the siege just by standing behind 1 friendly troop (jump,hit,jump,hit etc..)
Back
Top Bottom