Search results for query: *

1. Birger Jarl

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Articulo34 said:
    Wyzilla said:
    Is there any way to implement the old Reiksguard armor from the old beta?
    Sure. You just need OpenBRF to export and then import the model. Don´t forget to add the material and copy the textures too.

EDIT: Speaking of OpenBRF, my latest contraption. I have, more or less, managed to replicate the chaos armor that Birger did at my request for the old beta. It clips a lot in some places, but works for me.

Some pics:
    1201B9BB343F1216105C76944E40EAD670995F93

3D4FCB30A592EA1D6A70802E1578F1AFDCB6F82F

35183161C996DBD5B39C0D8485CDF002D287EF4A

That's awesome.

And chance I could get my hands on the object file(s)....?  :wink:
  2. Birger Jarl

Man this thread is moving a mile a minute now.

When I check it after waking up in the morning, it has literally gone like 10-20 pages overnight!  :lol:
  3. Birger Jarl

Banastre said:
    bMwqtlR.jpg

Found a bug with a bandit lair quest. Got script errors when I asked him for a task and couldn't click away or leave the dialogue window.

He wants you to put down a rampaging horde of his clones.

Funny bug.  :wink:

I mean, except how it locks the game...
  4. Birger Jarl

Thesslian said:
    Was freelancer removed in this version?  I made a vampire character and went to talk to the vampire lords and there is no option to join their army.  Went down and talked to one of the orc lords and I cannot join them either.

Unfortunately it conflicted with some of the new stuff and had to be axed.
  5. Birger Jarl

kraggrim said:
    polloio said:
    The Orcs in the first versions of Warhammer were a bunch of weird guys, too skinny and "human looking" for my tastes.

Also, they were heavily influenced by 80s'/early 90s' pop culture, so they were high on spikes, studs and large horns.
    But the best faction of that era is surely Wood Elves, with the Wardancers taken directly from glam metal bands :lol:

Probably due to nostalgia but I preferred them more like that. To me the "modern" orcs look like they're trying too hard to be orcy. Like they're parodies of orcs with they're OTT roid-rager muscles, poorly constructed scrappy equipment and lack of humour.

But yeah, trying to look objectively I can see it was probably a good idea to move away from the more generic look :smile:.

The new line are interesting, they've got quite a 40k bad-moons feel going on:
    Orruk-Warboss-1.jpg

Hmm. I think we might need to put that Nob down. Seems Khorne got a hold of him!
  6. Birger Jarl

polloio said:
    I hate the forces of Universe.....my exam has been blown to Kingdom come by a train company strike...

....I got to the train station in perfect time, I got on the train, the train dropped me by surprise in the middle of its course, I had to walk back home (10+ kilometers)....

...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

(I'm going to spend a lot of time into testing today, I wanna see lotsa villages being plundered and many kingdoms fall under my bloody rule, the rage is this thick at the moment)

... and worst of all you had to do some cardio, too ...

7. Birger Jarl

Look up "War of the Beard" for an actual account in the lore of the Dwarves totally kicking the collective arse of another "good" faction.  :twisted:
  8. Birger Jarl

GKMoggleMog said:
    Dorfus145 said:
    I don't know why, but that kind of jacket-like thing he's wearing makes me thing he's a gangsta for some reason

I grew up with gangstas, they don't wear vests like that. That's more of a biker gang style.

Yeh was about to say so. All he needs is one of those black, picklehaube-inspired biker helmets.  :fruity:
  9. Birger Jarl

polloio said:
    Birger Jarl said:
    ... you're on broadway, polloio..?  :shock:

Nope, I'm only a hard rock/heavy metal singer that got engaged by a small company of actors to help them with the musical version of School Of Rock (the movie) :wink:

Aww. In my head I wanted you to be singing ABBA or something...  :???:
  10. Birger Jarl

... you're on broadway, polloio..?  :shock:
  11. Birger Jarl

Starting the battle with the figthing already underway? Heh, I actually quite like that! Sometimes all the posturing and positioning can get somewhat tedious...  :twisted:
  12. Birger Jarl

gsanders said:
    Birger Jarl said:
    [ptx] said:
    Ah, if only copyright issues didn't prevent us from having a separate board for this mod...

There really aren't any copyright issues but rather the potential issue of Games Workshop being major dicks. That is to say; there are no issues unless GW wants there to be... :roll:

Meh, because Warhammer exists outside of Taleworlds forum, taleworlds treats the mod differently and we don't get  to sort the forum into separate topics such as FAQ, release date, bugs, suggestions, dev blog, media art, etc.  Would that we could, when I came here I had to read to like page 400 then gave up.  Even I don't feel like focusing that much on stuff that is 90% fluff.  It IS hard to find what you are looking for within say 6 minutes.

I can't say I blame TaleWorlds for being safe rather than sorry in this case.

Sigh.

GW is a cruel mistress.
  13. Birger Jarl

[ptx] said:
    Ah, if only copyright issues didn't prevent us from having a separate board for this mod...

There really aren't any copyright issues but rather the potential issue of Games Workshop being major dicks. That is to say; there are no issues unless GW wants there to be... :roll:
  14. Birger Jarl

Wyzilla said:
    So when's the expected release date now? Mid May or June?

15. Birger Jarl

polloio said:
    Birger Jarl said:
    Floriano said:
    I don't think it was "dumb"

It was. It is objectively dumb for a single Space Marine (infantry) to engage a Deff Dread (walker vehicle) in melee combat.

I mean, it was not like he even tried to attach a melta bomb or something (smart) - he literally tried to melee it to death (dumb-dumb-dumb).

:neutral:

You know what? I literally launched an high pitched fangirls scream of joy when I saw DA GREEN TIDE falling upon those corpse-worshipping roided space-power rangers.

The statue of Daddy Emprah was quite impressive tho, it's like the first time that they put correctly the Big E in a game (the statues in DoW1 depicted him as a bald man :facepalm:)

The irony being of course that the statue of the Emprah was most likely erected by the Word Bearers a long time ago.  :twisted:
  16. Birger Jarl

Floriano said:
    I don't think it was "dumb"

It was. It is objectively dumb for a single Space Marine (infantry) to engage a Deff Dread (walker vehicle) in melee combat.

I mean, it was not like he even tried to attach a melta bomb or something (smart) - he literally tried to melee it to death (dumb-dumb-dumb).

:neutral:
  17. Birger Jarl

Gork, I hope not. That would be a serious step backwards from DoW II... :roll:
  18. Birger Jarl

I liked how the trailer showed a Spesh Marheen being dumb enough to try to melee a Deff Dread, and instead of heroically defeating it he actually paid dearly for such an idiotic move.

The Orks are usually portrayed as cannon fodder for the "good guys" to display their awesomeness by brutalizing. The DoW III trailer is deliciously pro-Ork.  :fruity:

19. Birger Jarl

fnordcircle said:
    Hey all - is there a way to figure out what is pissing off all of my companions?  I've googled but most of the stuff I find is only relevant to Native or other mods.  I searched this thread but maybe it hasn't come up?

Building up companions is one of my favorite parts of the game and I'm just doing the 'we hang deserters' thing for now but I'd rather learn how to actually manage them and get a stable group.  I've got the list of which companions like/dislike each other and came up with a list of 14 that appears to not  have issues with each other but it's the 'general state of affairs' and 'leadership' stuff which everyone seems to hate. :sad:

Edit: Here you go

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.msg7202754.html#msg7202754
  20. Birger Jarl

Not the Halflings.

They're just carb seekers.
Back
Top Bottom