Search results for query: *

1. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 12/09/19

No blog this week either? I know it's not explicitly Callum's job to do them but I'd appreciate a heads up if he's done with them before release.
  2. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 01/08/19

Guessing those catapults are temporary placeholders
  3. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 02/08/18

Can't wait for the video at gamescom to be a copy pasted from 2016
  4. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 19/07/18

Can't believe the devs are adding a ligma system
  5. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 14/06/18

Why can't there be a blog on diplomacy? That's gotta be the worst part of M&B Warband since it pretty much didn't exist in that game so I'm wondering how it will work in Bannerlord.
  6. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 10/05/18

After inflicting enough damage to Romans so that they cant raise an army in his future invasions.
    cough Attila's invasion of 452 cough ! Where was Roman Army cough !

The only problem with that see is that the Roman's won the battle because they occupied the field which they sought to take. Anything which emerged as a result of the battle has nothing to do with that victory itself.
  7. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 10/05/18

Note: Attila was victorious in Catalonaum  :lol:

LXT5ZdW.png

Huns Withdraw from Gaul
  8. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 10/05/18

KhergitLancer80 said:
    Just wanted to say sth

Sometimes we go a bit far demanding options like heir system more things in marriage diplomacy and stuff.

I saw someone suggested producing fake coins etc.

Ppl, the thing is it will hurt the game if they make it as complex as paradox games.

Sure it should be a sequel to the first game therefore it should contain more options but dont forget one of the best things in WB was the tasty balance in micromanagement.

Long story short lets keep the micro-ing in a reasonable level.
    This game is about riding(or walking :lol:) into battle after all.

They confirmed Lords can be killed so if there's not an heir system how are they supposed to be replaced
  9. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 10/05/18

Yeah.....NO!
    Why supporting that particular interstate if another, NEWER, BETTER , and most important, FINISHED interstate is already there. By that i mean other games that are not stomped by time like Bannerlord will be.

I don't think you thought about the analogy as much as you should have. The unfinished interstate represents Bannerlord and you seem to have grasped that much, however, my point with the analogy is that when the interstate is finished players will use it. While the interstate is unfinished you have to use other routes of travel (play other games), as you yourself suggest. My point was not to say that M&B Bannerlord will be the best game of all time when it releases but to say that people will buy it because M&B has a monopoly on their genre. People will not boycott the game because it took so long to finish as, like you said, when a newer, better, and finished version of a game releases people will play it. Bannerlord is a newer, better, and eventually finished title that will be the best title in the genre which it inhabits.
  10. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 10/05/18

Roccoflipside said:
    piconi89 said:
    Taleworlds not present at E3 this year, only announced presence at Gamescom, so probably only some new footage and stuff. So - definitely not releasing this summer, if at all this year. Frustrated as hell, all my friends i know who liked Warband have given up on waiting on Bannerlord long time ago. Probably 10 ppl i played Warband with are NOT going to play Bannerold cause they are pissed. Immagine how many potential gamers and their money Taleworlds lost, every single TW forum member here knows couple of gamers who were sick of waiting and left the forum and stopped waiting for this game. We are talking exponential loss of community here. Meanwhile, i had gotten married, had a baby, Bannerlord is dead for me, and it will die for everyone in couple of months after realease. Thats a fact unfortunately, i dont like it, but a loss of a game like this will not be too great,because by the time it actually releases (if ever) it will already be and obsolete game gameplay-wise, graphics-wise and in every other spectrum.
    Since i am a hardcore M&B fan from the start, this is very emotional moment from me,like it was to many friends of mine who did the same, saying good bye to this game and admitting i will never be able to play it for a number of reasons.

Good bye and all the best to still hoping lads out here, i hope there will be enough of you to fill out 1 server at least, if not, singleplayer is the way to go. Cheers!

You are entitled to your opinion, but I just have to say I disagree with almost everything you said here. I understand that circumstances have changed in the 3-4 years we've been expecting to hear about a release date, but that doesn't mean everyone has the same changes. BL is in no way dead for me, and I don't think it's a fact that people will give up on it within months of release, or that BL will be completely outdated when it is released. Graphically perhaps, but I honestly can't think of another game that does anywhere near the things WB does, and BL will only be better. As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't stat them as "facts" or claim to speak for everyone who's a M&B fan.

BayBear said:
    TBH anyone who cares enough to post here will be buying this game.

truth

There are a few things inherently true about Taleworlds and the M&B Bannerlord project that need to be stated otherwise people will continue debating these issues which have already been resolved.

1. Taleworld's announcing the game in 2012 wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as seen in the announcement of CPR's Cyberpunk 2076 back in 2013. The way in which Taleworld's handled public relations afterward was their major mistake. The reason CPR's early announcement works is because their community has faith they can finish their game, this is certainly not the case with Taleworld's as their experience and track record do not justify such trust. This track record of failure and inexperience can be seen in their lack of properties that they hold the trademark for, Mount & Blade being the only one of significance, and the disastrous release of Viking Conquest (Developed by a third party team but release by Taleworld's as publisher).

2. Missing two release windows (2016, 2017) by years and still not having a release date out further distances the community by creating distrust in the development of the game.

3. The unprofessional manner in which the game has been developed has led to more distrust among the community. One example of this is the continuing development of the engine despite the game having been under construction for six years. The claim that most games take 4-6 years to make is blatantly false and I'm not sure where it originated. Taleworld's has a smaller team than most triple A developers but they aren't making a triple A game. They are making an improved indie title, or a single A game if you will. The games below have a much larger scope and took far less time to make than M&B Bannerlord has already taken.

Sources: GTA 5 Full Development lasted 3 years https://www.mcvuk.com/development/inside-rockstar-north-part-1-the-vision
    Destiny Full Development lasted 4 years https://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731
    Skyrim Full Development lasted 4~ years https://www.bethblog.com/gate.php?referer=%2F2010%2F12%2F16%2Fthe-bethesda-podcast-episode-6-enter-the-dragon%2F

4. It doesn't really matter anyway because everyone who says they won't buy the game because of how long it's taking to make is a short-sided fool who has very little concept of time and their own self-control.

Imagine, if you will, a private toll Interstate under construction. Upon completion the interstate will make your commute thirty minutes faster but because it keeps facing delays and is mismanaged by the project manager you direct your frustration at the contractors by stating that "I will NEVER drive on that interstate because of how terribly a job the contractors are doing, they will NEVER be supported by me!" The problem with this statement is that by NEVER driving on the interstate you achieve your goal of not supporting the contractors but also hurt yourself by making your commute thirty minutes longer each day. Your act of defiance is meaningless to the contractor who won't notice your absence from his payrolls but to you the price is thirty minutes of your day, a significant amount of time over the course of a working life.

Now apply the same logic to M&B Bannerlord. "I will NEVER support Taleworld's by purchasing the game because of their mismanagement of the project." Really? Perhaps you will avoid a pre-order or purchasing the game immediately after release, but upon seeing the game on the front page of steam how many of us are so arrogant and stubborn that we believe one unorganized action to boycott a game that many have been waiting years for will, in any way whatsoever, affect Taleworld's bottom line. Organizing a boycott against them may have some merit but again such an action surely harms the consumer more than a publisher. Taleworld's will turn a profit on the game regardless of an organized effort to avoid purchasing their products. Additionally, is it not true the boycott would take place solely for the purpose of hurting Taleworld's for their action to continually delay the game? However, the game would be perpetually in a state of delay for those participating in the boycott, effectively enforcing the reasoning by which they originally set out undermine. Fools and liars are those who state they won't buy the game because of the delays Bannerlord has been faced with.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, the inherent truths about the Taleworld's project M&B Bannerlord are as follows. (TL;DR)

*The game was announced too early for the marketing strategy, or lack thereof, that Taleworld's has employed.

*The game has missed two deadlines because of miscommunication and mismanagement of the Taleworld's staff.

*Armağan Yavuz has failed to coordinate his teams effectively, leading to the six year development cycle of the engine alone for M&B Bannerlord (I will concede that perhaps it's not the fault of Armağan Yavuz because I don't know what his responsibilities are at the company, but the fault lies with the primary leader of development and I believe that to be Armağan)

*None of this matters because we are all buying the game regardless
  11. EZI0SREVALATION

Dev Blog 26/04/18

Anybody else worried that TaleWorlds isn't even close to ending development? In blogs Callum says stuff like "we are giving careful thought and consideration into balancing them with this the rest of our units"

>Implying that the weapons haven't begun balancing yet
  12. EZI0SREVALATION

How old are you ppl waiting for bannerlord?

I've been waiting six long years. When the original teaser trailer came out I was in eighth grade and was hoping the game would be out for Christmas of 2013. I'm currently a sophomore in college.

If this game doesn't come out before 2020 my disappointment will be immeasurable, and my decade will be ruined.
  13. EZI0SREVALATION

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'm sure people have speculated before but this quote has me thinking..

"At E3, our focus will be on one feature we think has come on leaps and bounds, compared to previous Mount & Blade games and it's absolutely something we get asked about a lot... but we are keeping it a surprise till June"

Clearly, the "something we get asked about a lot..." is sieges. I can't really think of anything else it might be.

If this is the case, what do you think has made it "come leaps and bounds" from M&B warband? Destructible environments? Intrigue plots to topple cities from the inside? 'd love to know what you guys think.
  14. EZI0SREVALATION

berkyx said:
    Why you guys hate ww1 ?

Who cares about World War 1 when you can play as a peasant in M&B
  15. EZI0SREVALATION

Has anyone stated whether the notes category of Bannerlord will change with time? For example, if a Lord loses a castle or a fiefdom will it say "Ruler of Fiefdom X (747 - 756 ca.)" or will it be like how it was in warband and simply take the title away?
  16. EZI0SREVALATION

I don't know if anyone else has asked this but are randomly generated companions confirmed?
    it seems like when they are showing off the livestream of the City of Dumglanys a lot of the companions are like "Yien of Dumglanys" or something similar which seems to indicate that they are randomly generated
  17. EZI0SREVALATION

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

It's interesting how in the video Car Banseth changes from Green to Red without a siege
  18. EZI0SREVALATION

What is GO? Is it like checkers?
  19. EZI0SREVALATION

SainurIronfist said:
    I've had uncontrollable erections ever since I saw the videos and screenshots a few days ago. Just thinking about Bannerlord gets me shaking. Is anyone else experiencing this? What can I do to stop it?

Please help.

Playing Mount & Blade: Warband seems to be a treatment... but no cure is yet found
  20. EZI0SREVALATION

The Mighty McLovin said:
    Someone stated that there should be punishments for crimes in streets, like murdering people or stealing goods. I think this should only occur 1/3 times depending on a trait called "Criminal Mind" or something. The higher your trait is the less times you'll be caught. You can either pay a fine or be hunted down by manhunters, which you'll have a chance to kill them.

While that's an interesting idea, I feel it would be more skill oriented if they implemented a system like skyrim where if someone actually sees you stealing or murdering you get caught. Hopefully they don't include putting boxes on peoples heads though  :roll:
Back
Top Bottom