Search results for query: *

1. Sir_Kent

Help on the dodging mechanic.

I am just trying to learn as much on the dodging mechanic as possible.  I doubt that it is a random dice roll every time so I am trying to figure out exactly how it works and how to use it in my favor.  I have checked the forums here and haven't really found much info on it.  So if you have any...
  2. Sir_Kent

Vampires and Werewolves will not spawn.

The Kingslayer said:
    Sir_Kent said:
    Thanks for the help guys.  Spagetti that you for the help.  While I did scour the whole map I guess I just missed the areas they spawns or something.  I have another questions though is it possible to be both a vampire and a werewolf?

no, but you can be a vampire lich or werewolf lich.

I heard you had to make certain choices at character start to do this?  Do I need to restart my game then? Also Rasputin left my party.  Does this mean I can get him back at a tavern like native companions or is he gone for good?
  3. Sir_Kent

Thanks for the help guys.  Spagetti that you for the help.  While I did scour the whole map I guess I just missed the areas they spawns or something.  I have another questions though is it possible to be both a vampire and a werewolf?
  4. Sir_Kent

So I am sitting here at lvl 22 thinking soon I shall achieve vampirism, as I have seen they begin spawning at level 20.  Well after two weeks and no visible spawn I backed up my game and turned cheats on.  I removed the fog and looked everywhere no vamps no WWs.  So at this point I thought maybe...
  5. Sir_Kent

Write a Story :P

Well after some time I finished part 2 of Vengeance.  I hope you all enjoy it.  I had more time to put in to this one so hopefully there will be some improvement.  Any comments, whether they are critiques or praises are always appreciated.  Especially interested in the devs opinions as I am trying to incorporate their mod into the story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vengeance  pt2

King Ingveld looked at the thousand bodies laying before him.  His elite raiding force had been mowed down with what seemed to be no effort.  He had men searching for any corpse besides his men’s that could hint at who and what army had done this.  Then a thought crept into his mind that made a chill run down the old king’s back.  What if an it did this?  Not a who but a thing,  a thing of mythical powers. 

“Sire, over here!” a man shouted from his left.  He went and found a single corpse.  He had his men continue searching while he examined the corpse carefully.  This man was covered in wounds from head to toe, many of them fatal.  Had someone stabbed him after he had died?  No that would be pointless.  Could this man have done all this?  No, that was impossible.  But try as his men might there were no other corpses that were not Valahir.  Still the man’s corpse looked human.  The king scratched his head.  There were no more mysterious attacks on the Valahir, so the king forgot about the incident.  A thousand men were not so rare in these times of war.  Still word traveled and scholars of Galwe started searching through the texts for an ancient weapon capable of such destruction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eranas ran.  He ran swifter and faster than he had before.  Clutching a bow in his right hand, the young elven boy moved swiftly through the forests.  He had one task in mind, on goal at hand: Vengeance.  The voice screamed for it and he had to satisfy it.  He wanted vengeance and this voice spurred him on wards.  He thought of nothing else, only watching the blood spill forth from the bodies of the bandits who had killed his parents.  VENGEANCE!  The voice pounded in his head like a steady drum.  The word echoed through him every time he heard it, as if starting from his head and travelling down to force his feet to run even faster. VENGEANCE! VENGEANCE!

“Damnit, John you won again.” One bandit yelled angrily at the other. The other said not a word, he simply reached his arms out and moved a small pile of aurums towards him.  “I still don’t see how you get so damned lucky at cards! I see everyone lose to you and somehow you have yet to lose yourself.”  To emphasize his point he waved a Tolranian king card in the air near his head.  The other bandit, John, chuckled.  “I almost think you're a che-” Suddenly there was a twang then a whizzing sound and the card slammed into his companions forehead, embedded there by an arrow, and man slumped over, dead.  John stood up and reached for his staff but before he could grab it he heard the twang and whizz again.  He looked down and for a brief second before he died saw the arrow that had plunged through his heart.

“What the devil is going on out there?!?”  A man shouted from inside the cave. “Someone go check it out.  If they are dozing or playing cards again tell them they can kiss their suppers goodbye.”  Half a dozen men grabbed their weapons and lazily hobbled out.  As they emerged they gazed around seeing nothing through the thick elven forest.  Suddenly there was twang, then a whizz and suddenly one of them fell to the ground.  Suddenly very alert, the remaining five raised their shields and glanced around them.  They felt fear as they noticed the two men who had been placed on watch dead.  Suddenly the sound repeated, twice, and two more of them fell to the ground, dead.  The other three were now only holding their shields up for fear that if they turned and ran they could not escape fast enough.  Suddenly they heard it again, and again, and again, and they fell one by one almost as if to a drum beat. 

By this time the remaining bandits realized something was up.  They all gathered up their weapons and prepared to leave the cave.  One of them poked his head out, and at that moment they all heard the same sounds those before them had, and the man recoiled back, an arrow in his forehead. The bandit leader, realizing the archer or archers could pick them off if they stayed like this commanded a charge.  "Get those archers lads!” As they rushed out the same sound repeated over and over, in perfect rhythm.  The arrows came from different places always with a short pause between them.  Confused each man charged where he thought the archer was firing from and they split up without even realizing it.  Then there were screams as some  of the men disappeared into the forest. A small group remained clustered around their leader.  There was genuine fear in their hearts. “H-Hold here m-men!”  The bandit leader said with a trembling voice.  Then out of the forest ran a young elven boy.  They were all surprised. “Boy get down there is a killer somewhere in those woods!”  Then the boy charged into one of them and began beating him.  As another guard came to drag the boy off, he wrestled the sword out of his victim’s hands, leaped into the air and thrust it through the second man.  Landing gracefully, he swung the sword so it sat on his shoulder and, for a brief moment stared at the nine remaining bandits. Then he leaped through the air again he landed on one man's shoulders and used him to kick off into the air again slashing two others as he went. The first man collapsed from the force of the boy jumping off him. Then the boy simply charged into the remaining ones.  The blade whirred and whistled through the air smoothly cutting through the bandits till only the leader remained.  The leader foolishly turned and ran in fear.  With a flick of the wrist the sword flew from the boy’s hand into the mans back.  The boy then retrieved the sword, and used it to kill of all those who had simply been knocked senseless.

As he finished off the last of the survivors the voice slowly quieted down.  He had heard it only for a few hours, yet as the voice became absent he felt his strength slipping from him.  The sword fell from his hand and he fell to the ground.  He knew he was going to die, no scratch on his body but he knew.  This was the price for vengeance, his life for theirs.  He knew that he had not done this alone.  Then he saw a man.  The man was pale, and shadowy like a specter.  He saw no facial features except a mouth and glowing red eyes.  Where the rest of his face should be, was smooth as if the rest of his features had been rubbed off. He was whispering something, but the boy couldn't make out what it was.  Then just before he died, he heard the word, not many words but only one over and over, “Vengeance,”  the figure said as it walked off.

Galwe had been abuzz with recent activity.  The scholars were trying to figure out if some new weapon had been developed, or perhaps a drug where large groups could be killed by single warriors.  That was when a he arrived.  An old Maccacvian mythologist claimed to know what it was. The man looked almost afraid of what he was about to say to the other scholars.  “What we have is no weapon, or at least not any man made one. Something ancient has returned, something that has slept for a long while.  A very old, very evil creature.” One of the scholars snickered and laughed, “And what do you say this ancient evil is?”  After a long pause the mythologist took a long pause and spoke.

To be continued...

Again all comments are appreciated.  :grin:
  6. Sir_Kent

Michadr said:
    Interesting story, and defiantly something you should continue. This intrigued me:
    Will any of your parts be connected?
    Well none of the people will likely meet each other (not for a while at least).  But after their vengeance is complete they all see the same man/creature walking away.  He is sort of a supernatural god/spirit of vengeance. 
  7. Sir_Kent

It is not really that companion necessarily.  There are a lot of people who are supposed to go bat**** insane because of well I can't really say until part 2.  But he is supposed to be 1 of many who lose it.
  8. Sir_Kent

So any feedback will be massively appreciated.  I am always looking to improve my writing.  If you like it enough I think there could  be a cool companion or maybe Lore in a new update. 

Vengeance

Vengeance is a strange thing.  It could motivate a man to do the most outrageous of things.  A great philosopher ounce said,"For love or vengeance a man will commit unspeakable acts."  Such is one tale of unspeakable acts.  It is the tale of a man named Destina.  A man who lost everything and in doing so become something men feared.

Destina had retired from soldiering with enough gold to settle down and enjoy himself.  He married and he began for the first time in long time began to feel happy.  Six happy years passed this way with no wars, no raids, and village life seemed almost perfect.  But then one day a herald arrived calling all able men to arm themselves and immediately enlist in the Reich army.  But Destina refused.  He told the recruiters he would not be going into another war, not now, not ever. 

Then they came, the Valahir raiding party, they burned his village.  His wife was raped and murdered in front of his eyes, then they drove a sword through him.  Most men would have died at that point but a single thought burned through his skull. revenge.  A whisper at first but slowly like beating drum it grew louder and faster. Revenge.....Revenge...Revenge.REVENGE! REVENGE!  The voice that said this over and over, it was not his own.  Yet it was seductive and he felt he had to listen to it. VENGEANCE!  It slowly consumed him and became all he thought of.  His body trembled as he clawed his way through the wreckage and up to a castle. His wound was wrapped, and he asked to see the Lord of the castle.  He said only one sentence "Give me a sword, and I will make them pay."  The lord was young but shrewd.  He saw the look in the mans eyes.  The hunger, the burning desire.  So instead of giving him a weapon he gave him the greatest weaponry he could find, and a light armor as well. 

When he left the castle he was not fully healed but well enough.  He headed north, to the Valahir lands.  The first party he came across was a small group of five young warriors.  He did not scout them out or wait for them he simply drew his blade and began to walk towards them. They saw him coming across an open field and laughed.  They drew their weapons and waited.  The fight was brief.  He slammed into the first one with his shoulder, while using a hidden dagger to finish the job. VENGEANCE! The voice in his head was not satisfied. It wanted more blood, more of their pain, more of their suffering.  He quickly spun around as another man charged him, and with a quick thrust of his sword dispatched the man before the poor lad knew what hit him.  The other three felt fear now.  They finally looked into his eyes.  They saw it.  They saw the same thing the lord has seen, and they ran.  They ran as fast as they could.  But none of them escaped.  When it was over Destina wondered if this was enough. But he still heard the voice.  And it was louder and more demanding than before.

King Ingveld looked over to the messenger.  "Another slaughter?"  With no words to speak, the messenger simply nodded.  The king sighed.  In the past few weeks whole lords and their armies were being found dead. There were never any survivors and always a great deal of blood.  The strange thing was that the lord were found dead as well.  Most people would hold the lords for ransom to get a nice chunk of change.  But whoever was doing this wanted the lords, the men, all Valahir dead.  A slow chill crept over the king and he shuddered.  Could someone really be targeting the Valahir?  He shook his head.  "Summon the elite raiders."  These were the men who were first and foremost in any raid, among them were those who had committed the horrors to Destina's wife.  But the king did not know this, he called them forth because they were his elite.  "Gather your full force, I want you to find out what the hell is happening and put a stop to it."  The commanders of the elite nodded and left.

VENGEANCE! VENGEANCE! VENGEANCE!  Destina had become consumed.  All he could think of was revenge.  He lived for it.  He heard the voice over and over with the same word.  A voice full of rage, and hatred.  A voice driving him to madness.  That's when they appeared.  He recognized them.  He knew who they were.  A thousand armed men at least had come to bring him to his knees, and among them, those who had murdered and raped his wife.  He felt the time was close.  At last he could finish what he had started.  When they began to attack him they soon found the way he fought to be insane.  He held nothing back.  He swung so smoothly and struck so fast with such force anyone who got near him died.  Within a few minutes 50 men were dead around him.  Within the hour 500.  And by the end none were left alive. 

The voice suddenly stopped.  Destina, had spent every fiber of his energy and the hunger for vengeance was all that had kept him together.  Now that it was complete he simply went limp and fell to the ground.  Then he looked up and saw a man walking a way.  It was not a Valahir.  In fact he looked like a ghost.  As Destina's eyes closed he knew whatever this creature was, that it was it who had given him the power.  It was it that fueled his hunger.  This creature or man was what had been screaming that one word in his ear for so long.  And now it was over and he could rest...

Somewhere deep in the elven forests a young elven boy watched his fathers throat be slit by bandits.  Then a club slammed into the back of his head and he lost consciousness.  When he awoke there was a single thought he began to feel.  A though that started quietly and slowly grew in volume.  And as it grew louder the time between the words repetitions shortened.  It continued until it began to consume him. VENGEANCE! VENGEANCE! VENGEANCE! 

To be continued...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I have a lot of ideas of where I could go with this and am currently trying to decide how to proceed.  So if anyone has ideas on that feel free to tell me here or PM.  Anyhow please let me know what you think.
  9. Sir_Kent

Discussion + Suggestions

So I had an item idea.  I am personally big on being a slaver and have a blunt weapon I favor.  Sadly this blunt weapons damage, reach and speed rating are not the best.  So I had an idea for a legendary blunt weapon.

Item Name: Slave Maker/Jaw Breaker/Skull Crusher/The Pacifier  (Just though you should have plenty of ideas)

Weapon Type: 1h/2h (If forced to choose I would say 1h because without a shield in any battle with archers most of us go down fast.)

Damage Type: Blunt

Damage amount: 45-60 (I am not a balancer so however you guys did this, if you did it at all would be your choice.)

Speed Rating: 90-125

Weapon Reach: Around 100

Lore: Originally commissioned by a Desouk slaving chief this monstrous skull cracker has seen many battles, and many masters.
    It has been seen throughout the centuries but recently vanished.  The weapon is rumored to have been rediscovered recently by a villager.  The villager has claimed he will only give to a man he deems truly worthy, a man he believes will you unite Perisno.  Will you be this man?  Or will you take it whatever way you can...

Anyways if you want me to write any more lore or story on it I would love to.  I recently got back into writing again and I have been enjoying myself writing a few short stories and poems here and there.  Anyways if you have any questions (not to say you can't make your own legendary items) or feel like I should give more info please feel free to let me know.
  10. Sir_Kent

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Michadr said:
    Sir_Kent said:
    Snip
    Thanks, I have been to the majority of all towns friendly to my faction right now and I have yet to find it.
  11. Sir_Kent

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Quick question, did you take spice out of the mod as a commodity? I can't find it anywhere and without my feast it going to be less the magnificent which I need for my relations boost.
  12. Sir_Kent

To get a Dragon..

LudicrusSMaximusS said:
    Sir_Kent said:
    Getting a dragon may be hard but your going to need a riding skill of 8 to just sit on its back.  Also I have the stats of a dragon in these screen shots if no one has seen them yet.  I want a dragon so bad! Come here Fridl!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102929142/screenshot/468672773399563621 Fire
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102929142/screenshot/468672773399562059 Ice
    If the links aren't working let me know and I will try different ones.

My god...

I know right? Those insane stats?  Added to the fact that dragons rarely get hit by melee attacks anyways because they float above the ground, makes them the perisno WMD.
  13. Sir_Kent

Can you marry a princess ? and a few other doubts

yeah I married her..
    barely any good benefits..
    I actually seen non
    i just see her even more rarely because she has her own castle
    habeo123 said:
    It helps you in many way, you just haven't bother with it because you want some passive bonus or something. Nothing is for free and you need to do it yourself, for example ask her to follow you to siege or fight, Ask her to support your rebel, or ask her to rebel with your support. You can store troops in her castle if you haven't gotten your own yet, and take out her garrisoned troops. Do I need more example?

The reason you think it does not help you is simply because you haven't bother with it.

Also when I married her she had over 100 prisoners, so she more or less came with a fortune.  :lol:
    When you have soldiers garrisoned in her castle you don't need to pay them either which you could do ounce a week and never pay your army again  :twisted:
  14. Sir_Kent

Reward Item(s)

I just want a way to get a dragon.  I mean farming baron firdl for it just is not getting me one.  I have like 90 relation with him from all the releasing him after battles.  Also is there a obtainable unique bow?  I saw some stuff about it on the wiki called Darkforest Bow but there was no more info on whether it was obtainable in 0.6
  15. Sir_Kent

To get a Dragon..

Getting a dragon may be hard but your going to need a riding skill of 8 to just sit on its back.  Also I have the stats of a dragon in these screen shots if no one has seen them yet.  I want a dragon so bad! Come here Fridl!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102929142/screenshot/468672773399563621 Fire
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102929142/screenshot/468672773399562059 Ice
    If the links aren't working let me know and I will try different ones.
  16. Sir_Kent

Reward Item(s)

Just wondering if anyone has noticed other gifts?  Obviously most factions have a special quest given by the monarch, sadly the one I did for the Reich was bugged so I got nothing.  :cry:  But I am just wandering if there are other ways to mooch armors and weapons of these weakling kings.  Maybe some kind of special bow from the elven queen and a dragon from the Riech king or something. 
  17. Sir_Kent

Reward Item(s)

So I noticed most factions I join seem to give me some sort of reward item.  Does this have to do with relation or is it simply given for joining?  I gained it with the Reich, and the elves whom I had high relations with but I did not get it with the Volheer Clan with whom my relation was...
  18. Sir_Kent

Elfs, where do you stand?

Alex the Seeker said:
    habeo123 said:
    Snip

Thanks did not know about this.  So i just married her and found I am gonna make so much off all the prisoners in her castle.  :lol:
    I suppose the disadvantage is it is harder to find her than a regular wife who just stays at your castle but that is a fair trade for a bow wielding bad ass.  Last game her affections were won by different man, so this time I checked in early in case I needed to restart my game.  Then I find out she likes me well enough and suddenly every time I talk her (I was working with the elves at the time)  My relationship goes up until she suddenly proposes.  Now I find myself with 30 renown and a wife way earlier than I should have.  Still bow wielding bad ass elf wife  :grin:
  19. Sir_Kent

But what about the relationship ties you get?  I mean politically is it beneficial?  Or would it be better to marry a woman with a few brothers?
  20. Sir_Kent

Michadr said:
    Sir_Kent said:
    I feel this mod needs to make the elves much, much, much prettier.  Only one who shares the incredibly smooth skin of his Elvin brethren in other fantasy worlds would be the prince.  Seriously guys get with it and make the elves ridiculously good looking.
    Challenge accepted. (No seriously I've been wanting to do this for a long time)
    Ohhh so much goodies to make in 0.7
    Huzzah!  On the topic of elves anyone marry the elven prince/princess yet?
Back
Top Bottom