Search results for query: *

• Users: Kekk
  • Order by date
  1. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/23/mod-of-the-week-the-last-days-of-the-third-age-of-middle-earth-for-mount-blade-warband/

PC Gamer named this as the mod of the week!
  2. Archery vs. Throwing (if ammo stack size is not an issue) ?

My characters use crossbows early game while they're squishy, and then I put more points into archery and melee skills. I work on using a single stack of arrows, bow, sword + shield and mounted to become a very mobile and defensive archer.
  3. I'm finding trading is oblivious to Floris..

Which is unfortunate. I love to trade as a part of my lord's typical routine. Not only does it give good money, it also gives me a chance to explore and travel.
  4. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Just saw this game on Steam. Looks like Mount and Blade with updated graphics, fire arrows and artillery. It seems to be multiplayer battle oriented, not RPG or strategy. http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/
  5. SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

I shifted to fight the Marinians, where I am having more success. They're squishy like Rhodoks without the pesky spears to slaughter my cavalry. Now that Villian and Aden have peace, I was able to train up a lot of Adenian heavy cavalry, which has been very useful.

Khergits still mess me up though. 'dem Lancers. ._.

Edit: Just noticed your avatar, Morris. I take it you like the squishy Marinians? :razz:
  6. SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Is it just me, or are the Adenians extremely powerful? I play with normal damage, combat speed and large battle sizes. Currently I play a Villianese character, and whenever I go into battle against the Adenians, I am massacred; I have mid-high tier troops, mind you. I realize that the cavalry aspect gives the Adenians a huge advantage, and so I tend to bring along spearmen to guard my troops. But their archers, holy hell. Their archers end up slaughtering my troops. Even my Elite Longbowmen are mowed down by Adenian Elite Archers. Maybe I need some more variety in my armies, but I've been trying to play a more or less purist Villian + mercenary vassal. I can dip into other faction's troops if I really need to, but..

Am I doing something wrong?
  7. Status update

Thanks for the heads up. I hope everything goes alright for you and your family.
  8. Trading.

I would like to see attention given to the trade subprofession. Currently, the trade skill is nigh-useless unless you're playing a full INT / CHA commander, which as we all know is very difficult because you don't get XP from that. What I had in mind was making you get XP from using the trade...
  9. Update to 1.153?

I re-installed Warband and SoD, and that got it working again. Hooray!
  10. Update to 1.153?

I was just wondering what the progress or ETA on a patch / update to the latest version of Warband? I know it's coming, but is there any idea about when I can get back to my favorite mod?
  11. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Took a several month M&B break, but now I am back and loading up two mods and two mods only: Wedding Dance and TLD. The two greatest mods (IMHO) to ever grace this wonderful game.
  12. Improved Random Events & Coming Up With New Random Events

Situation: A drought leads to Village A turning up a bad harvest. They call on Village B for help, who refuse them. They turn to you as a last resort.

Option A: Let Village A fend for themselves.
    Outcome A: Village A suffers prosperity and relationship hit, Village B gains relationship

Option B: Order Village B to provide food and money to assist Village A.
    Outcome B: Village A gains relation, Village B loses relation and prosperity

Option C: Cut taxes to allow them to purchase food from other sources
    Outcome C: Income hit, Village A prosperity and relation increase

Option D: Divert personal funds to support Village A
    Outcome D: Pay a certain amount of money out of pocket. Village A gains relation and prosperity
  13. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Excuse me while I go cry in my corner. TLD is finally released and I'm unable to play it because my computer is broken.
  14. Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

I was thinking about this while browsing the armor and weapon vendors in-game, and remembered this thread. I checked #14 of the Structures suggestions, and wanted to add my own spin on it:

Perhaps after constructing a blacksmith in a town (not castle or village) a "Royal Smith" building is unlocked. After building the Royal Smith, you can custom order weapons and armor- not just cookie cutter static items, but allow you to tweak the stats. For example, if I'm playing a Villainese light infantryman, I would order a suit of chainmail, sword/shield and a bow. I would have the armor be light (reducing weight decreases armor value; increasing armor value increases cost) and the weapons would be equally nimble. I get tired of traveling from town to town, trolling the markets for useless items.

Now, this wouldn't come cheap and would certainly be end-game type gear, likely for defeating the Legion. Because you could probably fund exceptional armor quickly, perhaps a system could be implemented that each suit of armor is better than the last. For example:

I order my first chainmail tunic for 20,000 denars.
    +40 to body armor
    +20 leg armor
    22 lbs

It works well for a while, then I order my second since my smith sends me a notice that he has developed a more efficient linking method and offers to craft a second suit for 25,000 denars.
    +45 to body armor
    +22 Leg armor
    21 lbs

This would not only provide a (much needed) cash sink, but would make it feel like I'm constantly upgrading my armor past a Lordly Byrnie.
  15. Beginnings

Each option boosts your stats in one area or another.

IE, Males have greater STR and AGI, Females have greater INT and CHA. Philosophers have greater INT, Tournament Champions have higher weapon skills.

I'll see if there's a .ini or something that will tell me more.
  16. Camp Button is Crashing My Game Again

I had this issue, too. Now, this tweak doesn't ALWAYS work, but it does most of the time.

Go to your My Documents folder, and enter the Mount and Blade savegame folder. There, you'll see your savegames and the savegame backups. Delete your corrupted save, it should say something like "sg00" and rename the backup to the file you just deleted.

EX:

Before, your folder has two files, "sg00" and "sg_Backup"
    After you delete sg00, only the backup remains
    Rename the backup to sg00

Viola, that should get you back in the game.

"Note that I always play on 'Realistic' save functions, because I hate losing progress to a crash. Realistic save functions autosave frequently."
  17. The hermit?

Thanks for all of the replies. Well, your strategy worked. I searched, had fun and frustration searching, and ultimately, was led to communicate with the community. I didn't get any items or quests, but I did get to grind on bandits. xD
  18. The hermit?

I've heard mutterings of some hidden quests. I've found one- the slave related one. I've heard rumors of a hermit quest somewhere in the Nord region. I've searched all of the castles, villages and towns and haven't run into him. Anybody want to point me in the right direction?
  19. Graphical Enhancement 2.5, version 3 is in Pioneer's Guild.

Bummer, I was hoping for version 3.
  20. What happen if...

Being a vassal in SoD yields more bugs than a swamp in the middle of summer.
Back
Top Bottom