Search results for query: *

1. il Condottieri

More slots for weapons

TehRalph said:
    I think 4 is the perfect amount. It makes you choose your weapons carefully before entering battle based on the situation. You can't always be carrying every weapon you could possibly need.

I´m not saying carrying every weapon you could possibly need in every possible battle everytime

I´m saying to add a fifth slot (restricted as said above) that symbolize carrying a knife on your belt, which is a situation I can imagine every soldier in every battle fought had done. Even if it was only your dinning knife.

On a horse, I believe almost everyone agrees that it should be a feature implemented in some way. Even more now, that a slot for saddle or horse armour has been agregated.
  2. il Condottieri

More slots for weapons

Duh said:
    Crossposting (posting the same thing in several places) is considered spam and thus against the rules. Please avoid it in the future.

Sorry, to tell you the truth, never realised there were more bannerlord threads besides the DevBlog ones until today. I usually access through Taleworlds main webpage and arrive here.
    Today I´ve started checking the forum for warband mod updates (I cant stand the waiting) and realised there is a whole bannerlord subforum. Sorry again, please erase my message on devblog and keep this topic.

Regards 
  3. il Condottieri

More slots for weapons

John C said:
    Regarding footmen I think four slots is enough. Archers shouldn't really carry shields. They'd stay out of range of enemy missiles, or shoot back (requiring both hands).

An extra equipment slot for horsemen was discussed in another thread once before, and I believe that might work. Maybe it would need an additional weight restriction or penalty for the total gear carried though, to prevent heavy cavalry from carrying lance, shield, sword, and then also crossbow and bolts, just because they can. For light horse it might be more appropriate.

I agree with you about not making a modification that allows any kind of troop being fully equiped with all kind of weapons, because that will kill troop specilization and it would be a disaster in many ways.

But, even if you are an archer you cant go to battle without protection, and a shield is cheaper than an armour. There are plenty of examples through all history of ranged troops carrying shields.
    It might be a possible solution that the fifth slot I´m claiming might be a restricted one, with a size restriction. That way you may only be able to put there a dagger, a knife or a buckler or small shield. That would do if you are on foot.
    If you are on a horse, you might have two more extra slots (depending on your kind of saddle/horse armour) but again with size or type restriction. That way, as you pointed, you wont be able to carry also a crosbow because you have the slot.

I hope Bannerlord implement this, on sort of way. It will make all of us very happy.

4. il Condottieri

More slots for weapons

I´ve said this many times, and it seems now that it wont be implemented, but... PROPOSAL: You should be able to have at least one extra slot for weapons, maybe unlocked after you get certain perk, certain encumbrance level or maybe (if you are in a horse) after you are able to buy horse armor...
  5. il Condottieri

Dev Blog 06/09/18

I´ve said this many times, and it seems now that it wont be implemented, but...

PROPOSAL:

You should be able to have at leat one extra slot for weapons, maybe unlocked after you get certain perk, certain encumbrance level or maybe (if you are in a horse) after you are able to buy horse armor.

It is ridicoulus not be able to fullfill certain weapons combinations because four-slots limitation.

Imagine you are a horse archer. You are on a horse and you either have small range melee weapon or long range, but you cant have both because you have already spent two slots on bow and arrows. The solution is going out there without a shield, which is even more ridiculous.

Imagine you are a footarcher in a big army. Your main objetive is to keep yourself alive and shooting, most probably behind your infantry. It will be more likely that you should have not one but slots dedicated to ammunition (bolts or arrows). Well, that leaves you without protection (maybe no shield) or without any melee weapon, not even a dagger or knife.

It is clear that usually you dont need a dagger or knife in M&B because game mechanics dont reproduce well close fighting, which is for me the greatest weakness of this game. But after all, to give a closer feel to real battle gear, you should be able to carry a small backup close range weapon. Even the lower soldier of an army will have a knife in his belt. Well, if you are a fighting peasant in M&B you cant... one slot for sickle or chopping axe, one slot for a bag of throwing stones, one for a makeshift shield of some sort and one for a crude staff. That leaves you with no place for your eating-close range combat knife.
  6. il Condottieri

Dev Blog 30/08/18

After eight years...

1-Your character stills goes running everywhere, even inside the buildings

2-Weapons not being used are attached to bodies in some (let´s be nice) "funny way" For example it seems that looters have a particular fetish in autoflagellating themselves with spiked maces

3-Bows and arrows occupy two different slots on your personal weaponry inventory. Who would carry one without the other?

Well, the game looks nicer, but it seems that it will still have some ridiculous issues Warband had.
  7. il Condottieri

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

with all the improvements made about physical appereance, it would be nice also to save and export your phisonomical setting values.
    That way, if you liked your face before, you can start the new game with the same one
  8. il Condottieri

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Grumpy181155 said:
    il Condottieri said:
    Still only four weapon slots... fu*k  :mad:
    How many weapon slots do you want?  I think the 4 slots that are available is a good choice because you can store as many weapons as you want in your inventory and kit yourself out before a specific battle how ever you want.  Those slots represent what you are carrying and you only have two hands anyway  :lol:

Thats fine, but take a look on how a medieval knight or a steppe horse archer were armored, and you will count a media of six defensive/offensive weapons. The bow, the arrows, a lance, a saber or mace, the shield and shurely a knife for example.
    I could accept four slots on infantry, but riding a horse you should at least be able to carry one more. May be it will make more sense to have your horse function also as chest like some mods do. So if you enter a battle riding a horse you have six weapons, you go on foot you can carry only the first four, but approaching to your horse can access to the other two.
  9. il Condottieri

SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Nice mod, a question:

How are you supposed to complete the farmstead quest?

You enter there all alone, far away from the farmers, so by the time you get to the wildlings you are facing 10-12 guys armed with bow and arrows and you have just jumped into the game, so basicaly you suck and have no gear.
  10. il Condottieri

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

hEAR ME ROAR quest is bugged?

I´ve talked to bronn, then went to the tower of the hand, talked to tyrion but never get the quest log updated. Tried to do it all over again and Bronn started with his beloved "**** off"

Besides that, everything is working fine.

Is there an updated list of quest and corresponding triggers?

Regards! 
  11. il Condottieri

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Has anyone talk about the quantity of weapons slots?

I´ve read about multiple armour layers, which is a fantastic and more accurate new feature. Hand in hand with that improvement, it would be cool and more realistic also, if your carachter can carry more than four arms, specially if it has a horse. There is plenty background and both archeological and pictorical arguments to support that a wealthy noble, a thegn or druzhina, or a healthy burger or highly paid mercenary could and would carry more than four arms.

Im not saying that your carachter could shift weapons from an entire arsenal, but -specially on horse- you should be able to carry six slots. Lets take for example a steppe high class soldier: Bow and arrows, spear and shield, and a set of one handed, for example mace and dagger.

It could be only the fact of the horse letting you have more slots, or may be a combination of horse+level above 20/25

What do you think about it?

Regards.
  12. il Condottieri

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

kalarhan said:
    il Condottieri said:
    Great! Thanks, i´ve figured out by myself but thanks anyway.

Abot feedback, i can´t shield bash. I´m doing it the usual way (defense holding plus attack) and the animation does not appear, nor the effect of course.

1) You need to enable it. Camp -> Options -> Shield Bash
    2) You need to hold the attack button for over 0.35seconds (this avoids accidental shield bashs)

i´ve modified my post, thanks. What doesn´t work really well is the effect, how does it works for you?
  13. il Condottieri

Great! Thanks, i´ve figured out by myself but thanks anyway.

Abot feedback, i can´t shield bash. I´m doing it the usual way (defense holding plus attack) and the animation does not appear, nor the effect of course.

Correction, it does appear the animation, but only when im fighting (i´ve tried before inside the tavern)
    What doesnt seem to work ok its the effect, because it causes nothing to the rival, he does not fall to the ground or steps back
  14. il Condottieri

So the "Viking Conquest most recent stable version is 2.0. " is actually the new reforged edition? Why they didn´t call it like that for the first time?
  15. il Condottieri

Reforged Edition Released!

So, forgive my ignorace, but where can we find the new patch? I mean, last new on the official webpage (https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download) is from may 15, and there is no download link there. I use no steam, bought my copy and download the updates from the official webpage, could someone help me?
  16. il Condottieri

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

A question, dont know if it is intentional, forgive me please if it was on the changelog and I miss it.

Every time I try to raid a village, an army of 50 aprox sellswords appears to defend it, instead of a "bunch of peasant that took their rusty tools" like the screen says. I believe that, even though this is a fictional world, having every village on the map defended by a mercenary army it´s kind of unreal. Let´s imagine that a wealthy village managed to hire a company to defend it, ok. But every village seems off-place. Historically, villages were the easy target, ingame and in real world.

Is there a way to go back to the original "peasant levy army"?

Regards.
  17. il Condottieri

artisan

How does the artisan works? Ive given a cracked helmet and puted on the inventory thats open when are on the repair item menu. But passing the weeks my helmet keeps cracked...
  18. il Condottieri

Sort defenders

Windyplains said:
    il Condottieri said:
    Is there a way to sort the defenders easily?  I domt find it on manage garrison nor manage town menues... :sad:
    I haven't built an interface for doing this yet, but it is on my list of things to do.

Great! Thanks for the answer, regards.
    By the way, i always wondered why with all the huge amount of mods, no one get a way to code the move up move down bottons when you are in manage garrison menu.
  19. il Condottieri

Sort defenders

Is there a way to sort the defenders easily?  I domt find it on manage garrison nor manage town menues... :(
Back
Top Bottom