Search results for query: *

1. Brujoloco

Viking Conquest: Nights too Dark - Postfx.txt hack

module_postfx.py
    # Each postfx_param contains the following fields:
    # 1) id (string):
    # 2) flags (int).
    # 3) tonemap operator type (0,1,2,3)
    # 4) shader parameters1 [ HDRRange, HDRExposureScaler, LuminanceAverageScaler, LuminanceMaxScaler ]
    # 5) shader parameters2 [ BrightpassTreshold, BrightpassPostPower, BlurStrenght, BlurAmount ]
    # 6) shader parameters3 [ AmbientColorCoef, SunColorCoef, SpecularCoef, -reserved ]

two parameters that mainly affect the lighting: AmbientColorCoef, SunColorCoef
    for night SunColorCoef = 0.000000 so therefore, the lighting is regulated by AmbientColorCoef

I use
    pfx_night 0 0 128.000000 1.000000 1.254900 10.000000 2.000000 1.784300 1.215700 0.000000 0.160000 0.000000 0.800000 1.000000

but these are very dark nights

but it is also worth considering that this value also depends on the texture of the night sky
    Ty much for this answer, I always go back to this thread every single time I try to do another playthrough of VC every couple years, this has helped me fine tweak the settings on the current mod I am playing now. Honestly I dislike dark nights as everyone else is on IR Goggles and I am blind as a mole, after all these years I believe the "challenge" in darkness is moot and at most it is an aesthetic choice with bad consequences for fun gameplay. Newer mods should have a "vanilla" lightning scheme and a "hardcore" setup for light. Forcing you to hack away a mod settings is bad design.

All in all ty much again for this, screenshotted and saved on my own tweaks page.

Cheers!
  2. Brujoloco

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

One question, anyone knows how to please, make yourself train villagers, during the help villagers train to confront bandits quest in FULL GEAR? I am so tired of being always naked against 4 pumped up villagers, specially when I am starting up and even when I am over level 20, those farmers are so annoying.

Wondering if I could get my own gear against them
  3. Brujoloco

The Dark Mod 2.10 is OUT!

Wow this is great! One of the few games I enjoyed when I was much younger was Thief, seeing new mods being pumped out in 2022 is amazing :smile:
  4. Brujoloco

Thanks for the tweak (it can also be worked out with the ModSys for VC).
    Oh , yep that might work too, but sometimes its just faster to adjust some code strings right away haha
  5. Brujoloco

Hi guys, I was having several issues with VC being too dark at night for me and having tried disabling HDR and other light issues, plus gamma just making everything so bright it was just too ugly, I settled with this simple hack. All I had to do was edit the postfx.txt file for the NIGHT entry...
  6. Brujoloco

Increase Byrding and Knorr crew size Morgh Style anyone?

Hi guys! I was trying to make the Byrding and Knorr be a bit bigger ingame to make them have a bit more crew size. Anyone knows of a non base code/source code way of altering the final .txt files to make the Byrding and Knorr have a bit more crew size than 7 and 9?
  7. Brujoloco

Viking Conquest Mods for the latest versions (2.054-2.059)

Updated OP to add the New VC Banners mod, a beautiful work by veteran modder @Brujoloco

Oh wow! Ty! :grin: much love to you!
  8. Brujoloco

Need help to rip to the original back colors of Heraldic Armor of Current Pop Version

Hi guys! I made a looong time ago some replacement banners for PoP 3.7 that were matched to all kingdoms in an style more fitting to how I envisioned Pendor. https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6095 You can check them there. I want to come back to PoP but first I need to do some...
  9. Brujoloco

New VC Banners, WIP , Anyone Interested?

...This game need more sail banners for sure...

ciauz^^,
    Jab

Hey! Nice seeing other people interested. I have some very old Sails I made before for VC some years back, and getting the itch to work on some more, will link them here and on OP.

Happy Weekend!

10. Brujoloco

New VC Banners, WIP , Anyone Interested?

Hi guys! I decided to create some banners for VC this time, having created others for mods like PoP before: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/convert-popbanner-to-std-format-vertical-flag-back-armor-color-guide-new-banners.285542/ You can get them here as well ...
  11. Brujoloco

you will need a savegame editor (check the Forge)
    Python:
    slot_troop_religion    = 16

for troops you will need to edit the game code (modsys) or make a bunch of changes on the .txt, as they are under the faction plus troop ranges in several places.

Ahhh I will be happy with just the companions, will check the Forge right away, thanks for your answer friend! ?
  12. Brujoloco

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Thanks Brujoloco! I very much enjoyed playing Brytenwalda using your Repolished mod, so I'm honored you liked my mod as well!

Haha, glad you liked my old Repolished Mod, it was a fun project for me, hence when I came back to Warband after a long hiatus and promptly discovered Rebalance and saw it already on version 12 was "I HAVE TO TRY THIS YAY" and it has been super fun! Keep updating it, it truly is quite well thought out. :smile:

If you wanted to change this in a current campaign though, as part of a roleplaying story rather than modding it from game start, you should use one of the warband saved game editors. I imagine it would be pretty easy to look up the pict troops and individually switch them from christian to pagan in the editor. Of course this would affect all instances of them, but that's the only way to do it anyway. You could do the same for companions.

Ahhh thanks for the explanation, yes, been spending quite some few Ks of Scillingas on building shrines and then schools and eventually mead halls ... So was more or less doing it correctly.

And yep, I will have to use the save game editor ... I really enjoy the RP playthroughs when you try to "Paganize" England.

As a new question is there a way to lessen the penalties of Monastery burnings on surrounding cities/villages that are pagan? Or case in point: Dubh Lin and its Two Villages"Leixhaulp" and "Hofud" every time I go burn Gleann da Loch and Finian , though Finian only lowers the villages.

I lose a ton of Dubh Lin and adjoining villages faction by burning the nearby monastery every few months, which is odd considering that particular town and the villages are predominantly pagan. People all over Ireland hate my guts and that is quite ok, but seeing Dubh Lin hate me for burning monasteries as I sell my slaves there is a bit ... odd.

To be honest I have zero qualms with being hated to the bone by all of England, Scotland and even Friese for burning the monasteries there, but Dubh Lin is a bit of a sore spot for me, so wondering if the nearby monastery can either give less penalties to faction to the two villages and the town or remove it altogether?

There is also a historical context for this request to remove the penalties, as Dublin was pretty much hardcore pagan surrounded by Christian Kingdoms and it was not until the year 1000 that the Burning of Thor Wood by the Irish happened, and by that time frame Dublin already had at least two generations of Christian Norsemen, but in the game current year, no burning of any monastery nearby should give that kind of penalty. By 876 for example there is a well documented case of the Ring of Thor used as a symbol of Oath Keeping/Binding by Viking Kings to King Alfred. The Sword of Carlus being the other classical symbol of the City which I love in real life and pretty "Pagan".

As a side note look into the life of Tomrair : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomrair , Dublin features there prominently

On the topic at hand It is not logical for Dubh Lin at least to lose faction, and the villages while debatable, should be exempt as well, I think :wink:

No monastery sacking should ever give a penalty to Dublin and the two adjoining villages, so wonder if it could be possible to remove the penalty for raiding Glean Da Loch and Finian. Finian being so far to the west still hits Leixhaulp and Hofud, which is also odd to me.

Wonder how the penalty to faction works when raiding, is it an specific area automatically tagging everything nearby or is it a tick of selected cities and villages near to the monastery? If the first perhaps it could be lowered? If the last can Dublin and the two villages be unticked? Just wondering.

Again just a suggestion for the sake of RP haha, but something I believe should not be there, but again I understand if it is too deeply within the Base Code or not of your interest to fix, I know how annoying "fixing" things in Warband can be.

All in all a big hug to you my friend! Enjoying your mod immensely! I am actually loving the slower speeds on sea and land, making me stick to certain areas of operation and releasing me of the always choosing skeids over all other ships just for the need of speed.

Cheers!?
  13. Brujoloco

B Dark Ages More Pictish painted bodies (Skill-bonuses now added, Save-compatible) for 2.012

Fortunately, I managed to download and reload this mod for my site
    If you want to download...

Hey nice! TY! :smile:

Now we need someone do a compatibility patch for VC 12.0
  14. Brujoloco

B Dark Ages More Pictish painted bodies (Skill-bonuses now added, Save-compatible) for 2.012

Mod Link is dead sadly, same with image links...
  15. Brujoloco

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Totally in love with this mod for VC! Decided to start a new playthrough after some years of being on a break to try it and been having a blast so far.

Completely love you can now begin building shrines to odin on villages and cities you dont own to begin the conversion.

So I have some questions, how long will a pictish town, fully 100% christian begin to see a shift in the villagers towards paganism? how many days? After about two months I am still not tolerated in scotland at all.

Also is there a way to turn Pictish troops into pagans? For RP and Morale purposes? If not within the game, what needs to be edited or tweaked to turn them Pagan? Same with companions within a party? Would love to see an option to turn lords religion applied to companions as well.

I know companions when turned into vassals switch religions sometimes, but wondering if the conversion topic can be applied to the dialogue when they are in your party.

All in all a very good mod! :smile:
  16. Brujoloco

B Dark Ages Custom Sails collection: Share your Custom Sail here!

Here is a small album with my own sails, hope you guys like them

Some are a bit outlandish, but I just love spicing up the game a bit ... :grin:
  17. Brujoloco

Also to keep the same line of religion questions, is there a way to convert a troop from christian to pagan? Want to turn all pictish troops into pagan ones.
  18. Brujoloco

Wow it has been a while, do any of you guys know if it is possible to change a companion religion?

I want brunnhild and ceawlin and ailchu to become pagan to remove the annoying permanent -1 to morale and for RP reasons.

I know Companions can turn religion if you let them free and become your vassals or NPC vassals, but was wondering if you could do it when they are within your party.
  19. Brujoloco

Make Morrigan Stay tweak  ...

Worked flawlessly for me today on Sept 18 2018 ... so still valid, amazing!  :party:

Only lately have I decided to give the Story Mode a full playthrough and very happy with it it so far, amazing how much I love this mod!
  20. Brujoloco

[S] Morrigan Stay

Is this mod still viable as of today in 2018? I ... I dont want morrigan to leave :sad:
Back
Top Bottom