Search results for query: *

1. Shinigami

Steam not accepting my 4x4 taleworlds CD key...

ModusTollens said:
    Because taleworlds only provides a serial-key and no steam-activation-key, while steam provides both.
    Thanks for info, hopefully someone can still help me convert my CD key into a steam-activation-key so I don't have to buy the game twice (which I simply won't).

-edit-
    Nevermind.
    Caba`drin said:
    Knut said:
    I want something completely different... a Steam key from my Mount & Blade: Warband retail 4x4 key..? is this possible :?: :razz:
    No. I believe that's answered somewhere in the thread, too.
    You can, in Steam, add this as a non-Steam game and then have access to the chat interface, etc, but there's no way to get hooked into the Steam Achievements without purchasing it through Steam.
    Good lesson. Won't buy taleworlds game from taleworlds again :mrgreen:
  2. Shinigami

ModusTollens said:
    You can't activate the taleworlds-version on steam (you could just add it as non-steam-game).
    I can activate my Steam cd-key on taleworlds version but can't activate taleworlds version on Steam? How so?
    Is there a way to permanently convert a Taleworlds CD key into Steam CD key?
  3. Shinigami

I know this usually happened the other way around - Steam version could not be activated outside of Steam on a taleworlds version of the game. But I have an opposite problem: Steam doesn't accept my 4x4 CD key I bought on taleworlds a while ago. The problem is: I only have half a day to fix this...
  4. Shinigami

Missing updates.

Not sure if it will help, but when you receive a very long list of events, it simply doesn't fit into the screen. And before it moves onto the screen. it has already faded. Thus it seems like nothing is reported.

Try disabling most of the options to see if anything at all shows up.
    Try reinstalling the game if above option doesn't help.
  5. Shinigami

Realistic to Unrealistic.

Its easier to start a new game.
  6. Shinigami

Warband Native for 1.134

eMoKitty said:
    The thing is that I chose wrong file to update version to 1.134 and after that I used TweakMB options, that are only possible with 1.134. As I had 1.113, it messed up the whole 'Native' and I didn't backup it. All I need is new clean Native -folder without reinstalling game.
    Reinstalling would be faster...
  7. Shinigami

Warband Native for 1.134

Why not just download taleworlds installer? It got latest version native without mods...
  8. Shinigami

Lost my Warband key

You still have 2 more variants.
    a. buy another copy, its $9. I know, Russian version is also sold in my country :mrgreen:
    b. find that damn box and don't lose it again.

By the way, doesn't Q1 2011 end tomorrow? With fire and bazooka going gold any time soon?
  9. Shinigami

feast never take place?

Similar thing happened when the father of the girl I wanted to marry wanted me to wait for him to start a feast.
    In some 360 (!) days I canceled wedding and took my money back (365 days money-back guarantee! wow!).
    My best guess is the fact we had a marshal and a military campaign. After I stopped the military campaign, they started feasting.
  10. Shinigami

Crackling sound

If you're experiencing problems with cracking sound, try:
    - lowering sound quality (48khz into 44.1 khz or 22 khz)
    - lowering sound acceleration (one step at a time down to "basic", if I remember correctly, its in control panel - sound)
    - switching to 2.1 sound instead of 7.1/5.1
    - obviously, updating sound driver if you haven't done that yet

Hope this helps and you no longer experience any problems :smile:
  11. Shinigami

Freeze while exiting the game

Try exiting the game with alt-F4 instead.
  12. Shinigami

Being dropped from servers when my brother joins a server.

You both own a separate copy of warband or you use same steam account or one of you uses guest thingie from steam?
  13. Shinigami

Warband shouldve been a free update.

Can I has nukes?  :mrgreen:

Reminded by Civ5.

Seriously, if you like the game, you buy it. If you don't like it, you don't buy it. But you don't come complaining into Tech Support forum begging for a free copy. Its just Lame.
    If you feel $30 for such a game is too much, just get it during one of Steam sales (or any other sales). No discounts now? Wait till Xmas sale!

Personally I bought MnB, loved it, bought Warband the day it went on sale, love it. Will buy the next game... when I have money to spare  :mrgreen:
  14. Shinigami

Big mistake with fire and sword

Lithuanians or Lithunians? The picture says both and my spelling check says its first, not second.
    Here in Ukraine we call Lithuania Litva (Lietuva?) and its so much easier to spell!  :mrgreen:
  15. Shinigami

Lagginess despite my high tech-ish PC.

Karlx said:
    How do I check?
    Somewhere in controls there should be system info with driver version in it.
    Or at least thats how it is for my Nvidia drivers.

For the record: I completed the game (captured the continent) and didn't have any issues with the last patch. Perfect FPS all around, no stuttering, no crashes, no problems. Or I simply forgot about it  :mrgreen:
  16. Shinigami

Warband crashes a lot

jeNova- said:
    i've got 2GB of RAM and 512MB of Video memory, shouldnt that be enough?
    In 2011 4gb RAM and 1.5gb video RAM are not enough :mrgreen:
    JK. 4gb should be fine, together with 1gb vram. 2+0.5 is not enough for many-many greedy games.
    Try lowering graphics settings (bodies, ragdolls, bloodstains ect).
    Also try upgrading RAM to 4gb, you can return it within 2 weeks period (typically, could be different in your country), should only cost $50 or so. You will eventually need it for newer games anyways.

4+gb RAM requires 64-bit OS to work properly. In 32-bit its size reported incorrectly, part of RAM is missing, you will probably be able to use 3-3.5gb out of 4.
  17. Shinigami

Warband Shuts Down Computer

Try running stress tests for a few hours (for CPU, for video card, memory, running in a loop), try running in Dx7, try multiplayer, custom battle.
    I recommend keeping an eye on temperatures.
    Power off could also happen because of:
    - video card failure
    - HDD failure
    - PSU failure
    - other component failure
    - something overheating
    Stress tests should help you figure out if it overheats or not. Not sure how to test PSU, hdd or some other components.

When you uninstalled/reinstalled, did you remove remaining files?

Hard to tell what could be causing such behavior...
  18. Shinigami

Faction Wiped Out But Still Exists

I made peace with them. Works for me.
  19. Shinigami

Warband Crashing 1.134

Try downgrading video driver, sometimes it helps. Or try upgrading to beta driver, since older drivers might not support GTX 580.
    Try updating sound driver.
    Also try using a different sound card and disable realtek in bios. Sometimes this helps.

Try running in Vista/XP. I'm using Vista 64-bit, non-steam version and have no issues with latest patch.
  20. Shinigami

It's all red and Transparent.....

ATI card?
    Try updating video driver.
    Doesn't help? Try downgrading, installing older version.
    Doesn't help? Try Dx7 mode.
    Doesn't help? Try Nvidia card.
    Doesn't help? Try another PC.
    Doesn't help? Try another game

Hope that helps! :mrgreen:
Back
Top Bottom