Search results for query: *

1. tommmy

Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Hi All,

I'm looking for a regiment. I'm an experienced player of Mount & Blade which I've been playing since before Warband. But, in melee in Napoleonic I only have noobish qualities.  :oops: I am a cooperative, taking-commands friendly and mature (age 27) player. However, I will only be available between 8am and 11.30am (UK time) on weekdays. On weekends, I will have time.

Is there any regiment that works in this timeframe? Many thanks for all your suggestions.
  2. tommmy

no talk with prison guard

another bug-ish problem i encountered recently. when I enter a castle/town with a prisoner, who i intend to rescue, i can't talk to the prison guard. i can beat the crap out of him and take the keys, but even when i do so i'm unable to get to the dungeon. the door is still locked. (similarily, i...
  3. tommmy

A few more questions, 5 about routing..

1. I've never experienced it. even if the lord was the last guy standing (which happens quite often. to me, anyway)
    2. no
    3. no
    4. i assume the same what happens to all routed enemies. they form a party which goes to a generic castle and then disappears
    5. i think it has something to do with the player and their location on the battlefield. I've noticed that if you have a line of enemies flanked from the sides, the flank I was on started to rout faster.
    I also don't think it depends on the tier of the troop. knights and, say, sharpshooters rout as much as any other unit. other units are just less likely to survive till they "make up their minds."
  4. tommmy

How to marry a Lady in 5 seconds.

how much renown did you have at the time and did you run your own faction?
  5. tommmy

NPC lords

Bratislav said:
    hruza said:
    Yes. But not in the same way as player would do. For computer AI it is simplified, no recruiting in villages and such.
    but it takes quite long to garrison :smile:
    you'll probably want to first keep the castle/town for yourself and station some garrison in it yourself and then give it to a lord (just as AI does when it conquers a castle) in that way your lord doesn't start from zero and castle has at least some defence
  6. tommmy

Beligerent Drunk Maxed out Ironflesh?

same with the fugitives you have to "bring to justice" :smile: i remember hitting him 4 times with throwing axes for app. 20 damage each before it was over
  7. tommmy

Why can you only have 1 wife?

Tiberius said:
    Uzgull said:
    Middle Ages:
    No King or Lord would have more than one wife (they would have unlimited mistress' though).

I think you're forgetting the fact that we have an arabian faction now.

and we've always had the khergits
  8. tommmy

Is there any way to kick that slave trader out of my empire or kill him?

Moccabubu said:
    If you can't remove it you can think in the other way, not killing your enemy's you can give them another chance by selling them as slaves, in this way they can think at the wrong chooice they made by taking a battle with you and at least they are not dead...
      Or, I think you can modify the chat with the slave trader and his name (not sure about it but you can search for this) and you can put his name like Rehabilitation Officer and the chat like "Hey dude I have some enemys with me and I wanna give them to you for rehab"....or something  :smile:

AND you could change the amount of money you receive to negative so that you will be paying for those guys' second chances in the rehab :smile:
  9. tommmy

SP Khergit vs Bodkin arrows

YassirX said:
    They look better :smile:

i think bodkins look better :smile:

newtype0083 said:
    Khergit arrows' quivers don't interfere with your zoomed-in shooting when in 3rd person view. I think they are slung lower on the back. Regular quivers stick up over your shoulder and can block your sight, especially when aiming upward when attacking castles.

neither do bodkin arrows
  10. tommmy

[BUG] No face/Horse/Arms Textures

i still have the same problem with 1.113 patch. graphic driver from Nvidia (which seems to be the problem) i tried to replace the fxo files as recommended by Elio but it gives me a RGL error (unable to get technique with name character_shadow_new)

could any one try to fix it?
  11. tommmy

crossbows or Bows?

rapier17 said:
    tommmy said:
    Sammyboy said:
    I swear I have ducked under a swipe from a charging mameluke with a crossbow.

:lol:

You know, thats the problem I have whenever I charge crossbowmen! "Aha!" I think "He's fired his bolt, he's reloading!" <SWISH> "Errr...I missed. Thats quite humiliati-" <BANG as the crossbowman shoots my character in the back>

:smile: :smile:
  12. tommmy

Companions, Favorites? Who do you use?

Asylumer said:
    Uh, all companions always object to 2 other characters in the game, and 1 character's support gathering mission.

This is universal to all companions.

Oh, ok. then it is probably just me always picking up the same guys. thanks for clearing that up
  13. tommmy

Looting Villages...

Snall said:
    ..wait, I haven't been married yet, we have to pay a DOWRY?  The chick is supposed to have that...bah.  If we're a chick and get married does that mean WE get money?

off topic a little?? they should have called it dower instead. it depends on the culture
  14. tommmy

no prisoners when looting villages

stygN said:
    In sieges and village-defense there are no prisoners or loot.

That's the way it is. Sorry.

in siege defences it makes sense. coz they're outside and you're inside. and you can't take prisoners if you can't get outside. they are attacking you, therefore they can retreat after losing the battle/siege. in the village it is the other way around. they are inside (raiding the village) and still they somehow will make it outside without you noticing after the battle?
  15. tommmy

herre said:
    Well you killed them?

say I didn't kill them. just knocked them unconscious. you can't kill the lord. it sort of doesn't make sense since if they are raiding a village you actually catch them unprepared (at least that's IMO why they don't have horses in the village).

when I started my own kingdom and fought the swadians, for some reason, this kind of fight tended to be the most frequent as all enemy lords tried to raid my villages. yet after a battle where I defeated 3-4 lords I could not take any of them prisoners... why?
  16. tommmy

Question: IF an enemy lord is attacking your faction's village and you decide to go help the poor villagers, why after the battle there is no loot and no prisoners from among the defeated enemies? you can't take the lord prisoner. do they all just magically disappear after the battle from the...
  17. tommmy

Looting Villages...

wrong companions. you have to choose right characters for the job... bahestur, borcha and alike  :wink:
  18. tommmy

A serious question. Can weapons block thrust in the real world?

that's why polearms are so annoying if you carry a shield. you can only attack in one direction and your opponent will easily block you. then he gets closer to you and your long polearm is useless. even using kick you won't get him far enough to thrust your weapon with enough speed/strength

only couched lance can't be blocked (without a shield)

Edit: yeah, and now with the chamber block, you'll think you can finally finish the guy while he's unprotected and far enough and then... bang! he chamber blocked you with his knife and subsequently gave you a final strike in the face.
  19. tommmy

Companions, Favorites? Who do you use?

Kittenhuffer said:
    BORCHA.

I hate Alayen. As the user some posts above me said, he complains about everyone and everything. Though, I've got to admit that he seems to be the most loyal one because he's never left me while all others have repeatedly left for the same reason at least two times each.

it's same with Artimener. he complains at least about three other NPCs. too bad that he's so important for my party(ies) and goes with Lezalit as a bonus... so guys like Ymira, Klethi or Bunduk don't stand a chance
  20. tommmy

crossbows or Bows?

Sammyboy said:
    I swear I have ducked under a swipe from a charging mameluke with a crossbow.

:lol:
Back
Top Bottom