Search results for query: *

• Users: Gerin
  • Order by date
  1. What With Fire and Sword Does Right?

I really love the formations, new commands, buildings, castles, cities and general architecture.  Everything except for some taverns look excellent.

I also really like the recruiting system because you can't go from peasant to super troop but instead everything is trained up to their full potential according to their class.  It makes so much more sense the way WFaS has done this.  It also makes it easier to loot and burn like a bandit and not suffer because you can't recruit from the villages you pillaged. 
  2. What With Fire and Sword Does Right?

Fair enuff.
  3. What With Fire and Sword Does Right?

caddux said:
    sf119 said:
    Like the better story lines in WF&S but most certainly prefer the freedom and features of Warband. I love the mercenary customization in WF&S too, I love being able to decide what I want my mercenaries equipped with and don't particularly mind the setting, but I hope that when the Warband features are added they don't remove any of them because of the "real world" setting, it is still a sandbox game and removing the great features of the previous game because of the setting of this one takes a lot of the sand out of the sandbox  :neutral:

And here we go again.
    Could you please make a list of only the great features that WF&S is missing from Warband?

I already posted mine in another thread, but here it is:

The great features that WF&S is missing from Warband:

- Being king (which is going to be implemented, so...)
    - Tournaments (which really doesn't fit in this time/place in history, imo)
    - Bandits hideouts (i really miss this one  )

Now a list of all the new great features that WF&S has:

- 3 Storylines (without taking away the sandbox aspect of the game)
    - Completely new and varied recruiting system. More realistic and much more fun!
    - Completely new town/castle/village management, with a lot of choices that add a lot of new elements to the game.
    - Caravan Trading. It reached its peak with latest patch, imo. A feature that adds SO much to the game! Not only as a money making business, but also a very challenging quest by itself
    - New troop's commands.
    - New siege options.
    - New quests from lords, towns and villages.
    - Scouts/ Foragers/ Patrols
    - Wagon forts.
    - Oh, I almost forgot, Firearms. New era battlefield with new strategies needed.

And this is exactly what I didn't to want happen;  I didn't want this thread turning into another ***** fest about warband vs. WFAS.  The question was, what does WFaS do right?  What do you like about it?

4. What With Fire and Sword Does Right?

Okay folks, we've all been privy to various criticism regarding With Fire and Sword, but what does the game do correctly at this juncture?  This thread is not intended to be a thread of bashing but instead a thread of praise.  I'll start:  I think they did an excellent job on uniforms, armor...
  5. Black mace problem and faction joining problem

denchik said:
    Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with the black mace quest, after talking to the french guy he instructs me to talk to some cossak lord, however, i believe he's either captive or just gone, i can't find him around the map and no lord knows where he is at all(when asked)
    and I can't join a faction even as a merc, when i ask the cossak king for example i just don't see the option to ask him to join him, I had it one time but he said I'm yet to prove my self.
    (note I believe i have enough renown and he's favorable towards me)

Help anyone?
    thanks

Just to let you know, you'll need 200 renown at one point in order to advance in the Black Mace quest.  Since renown is hard to come by, you'll be doing lots and lots of fighting. 
  6. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Leaffordes said:
    This thread has gone OFF-TOPIC.

Let the mods worry about that.  :roll:
  7. Massive Rage.

tits!
  8. random parties

I vote for random vodka parties.
  9. Hand Crafted Carbine

Kneed said:
    All the handcrafted stuff is a waste of money atm, it desperately needs to get rebalanced.  Its far more cost effective to buy Reinforced, Hardened and Good Quality items from the merchants.

Ditch the the handcrafted carbine and give yourself the money back.

I like the Good Miquelet Carbine, great for horse back sniping and has enough accuracy for sieges as well. (edit: with Ingri in party only costs 9900)

Agreed.  Custom weaponry should be much, much cheaper than it is currently. 
  10. Losing one battle ruins entire game

Okay yeah, they're really just glass cannons if that.  I'm playing a horse archer and leading a cav force around.  They really pile up the fail when you wagon cart too.  Not too bad, like all the bandits.  It's the regime forces you have to watch out for.
  11. Losing one battle ruins entire game

Glox said:
    Get a bow and solo looters, melee deserters, and tatar raiders. 200 renown in under 50 battles. Ive even had battles where drops were worth 10k+ with 0 looting skills.

Started a new game and all I do is trade powder primarily. Works like a charm. Throw in a proper caravan every now and then.

Wow tatar raiders?  Those guys scare the hell out of me because they're so fast.  They catch me on my horse and go pokey and stabby.
  12. Feedback on the state of the game.

I think with the new trading scheme mercs from merc camps are too expensive as well. 
  13. Losing one battle ruins entire game

Just today I deleted a 220 gameday game because I tried to help some patrols out with bandits.  I accidentally offered a 'surrender or die' to the patrol which had broken off from the fight.  So, my relation with Cossacks went from 26 to negative 5, got attacked and a nearby lord joined in. 

Just now I started another game.  I went to Smolensk to get Zamoshye's taxes lowered, came back and it was infested with bandits.  Tried helping them out and failed, resulting in it getting sacked.  This is bad game play.

Trading is boring.  Doing a million trading runs to try to keep my mercs paid is tedious to the extreme.  Slow leveling is boring and tedious.  Trying to get to 200 renown for the stupid Black Mace (Radzwill) quest is extremely tedious, especially when I get my ass kicked trying to fight Crimean Lords with other friendly lords. 

As for M&B/warband:  trying to find lords is stupid and tedious.  Many times they're all over the map wandering around and it's a pain trying to track them down.  This is also terrible game play.  Ditto for finding looters for that looters quest.  Cows? Tedious and boring.  The list goes on and on.

Look at any major title that sells well, and these other game companies don't make these mistakes. 
  14. F&S Bugs Thus far

granturismite said:
    (Running version 1.141)
    When I seige Azaq-Kal (spelling?) I can blow a hole in the wall (engineering skill is at 5), but it just sets up ladders as though I had clicked the "Prepare Ladders" option. I get the screen saying the explosives detonated, but there is no hole in the wall.

This happens at Azaq-Kal only, but it's still a bit annoying, as I had set my inventory for a normal explosive siege. I wasn't able to take a screenshot. Sorry.

There is also a bug in either Kafa, Bakchissary (next to Kafa) or Kezlev Fortress, where the enemy respawn point is behind an invisible wall, so I had 40 troops sliding against the wall, getting shot by Crimean Seymen and Janissiarys. I forgot to take a screenshot here as well.

Will post screenshots if I can duplicate the error at another time during the Polish campaign

Azaq-Kale
  15. Is With Fire and Sword anygood after all the updates?

I think co-op is awesome.  Lots of teamwork, coordination and communication by most on the official servers.  I don't even bother with sieges or assaults because nobody works together.

Is it better after the patch?  Mmmmm I really don't see much of a difference.  In SP I'm getting the occasional crash, and now if I'm playing for a long period of time I get weird texture issues, where the sky texture gets put on the ground for some reason. 

The game in general definitely needs more work and the story lines shouldn't be so ambiguous, but rather more intuitive. 
  16. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

ArkadiuszB said:
    Osviux said:
    Gerin, you wouldn't be related to krowa or ArkadiuszB by any chance, would you? I'm asking because you are as dumb as they are. :smile:

Thanks for letting me know.

Just so you know the entire forum thinks you're a attention seeking, worthless piece of **** just as I do, and the name wont be changed because, let's deal with it, nobody still cares about your yet another attention seeking country no one has heard of. Keep making threads, infact I'd be happy if you do. You deliver an insane amount of lulz to everyone. Viva children.  :lol:

LOL you got watched too?  :grin:
  17. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Kneed said:
    Gerin said:
    FrisianDude said:
    Gerin said:
    I don't understand what you're point is. 

If you're on the internet, I'd suggest you take the time to learn proper English please.

IRONY OF IRONIES ALL IS IRONY.

Not to mention that he even has two disclaimers; his name suggests he is Polish and his sig mentions his English is bad and that he uses Google Translate. Yet you still whine about his English being slightly sub-standard despite your own English not actually being better. And his is much better than his Google Translate (god that thing is junk) disclaimer suggests.

That was just a typo you plonker.

Man up, that was no typo.  Your and you're are not interchangeable, possessive adjective and contraction respectively.  It wouldn't have been pointed had you not been deriding someone else for their grammar.

Yes it was a typo.  I know the difference between the two words, but sometimes my brain types the other word in place of it. Shame on me for not proof reading before clicking 'post'.  :sad:

Anyway I'm done slinging mud with children.  It was fun while it lasted, but as another poster said this is way off topic.  Oh and for the record, I hope the devs keep the name exactly the way it is and not change it to 'Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth'.  I think they should keep it this way just to piss the kids off. 

18. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

FrisianDude said:
    Gerin said:

If you're on the internet, I'd suggest you take the time to learn proper English please.

IRONY OF IRONIES ALL IS IRONY.

Not to mention that he even has two disclaimers; his name suggests he is Polish and his sig mentions his English is bad and that he uses Google Translate. Yet you still whine about his English being slightly sub-standard despite your own English not actually being better. And his is much better than his Google Translate (god that thing is junk) disclaimer suggests.

That was just a typo you plonker. 
  19. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Which proves nothing.  Trolling requires intent, and it wasn't my intention to make him angry.  Now go back to your xbox, kid.
  20. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

JONATHAN 11B said:
    Gerin said:
    KuroiNekouPL said:
    Gerin said:
    I do agree with you about the laziness, but perhaps it's not laziness and is more in the realm of know how?  They have a lot of work to do on these games to get better game play out of them.
    Khem, khem. Adding new Steam achievements certainly expends experience from the game and is most important thing they could do. (Remember, that they still should improve Warband, what is definitely opposite to what they done with last patch)

Hey, ever heard about sarcasm? His English is good.
    If all what you do is offend people than go troll Youtube.

His English is not good because he uses an online translator and admits to not knowing the language.  His post didn't make sense at all.

What I wrote isn't a troll.  Learn the difference between critiquing and trolling.
Back
Top Bottom