Search results for query: *

1. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

Hello,

With the version 3.8.3 being released, was the loot sorting issue fixed?
    (when the loot is not sorted by it's value after the battle)

Cheers.
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

AlphaOmega said:
    You also need cabbages to create knighthood orders, either already established ones (Ebony Gauntlet, Silvermist, etc) or your own personal created one.
    Also can use one to get the map to the mines of alzir (right name or wrong?) and there with a couple more you can get super weapons
    Winkelried said:
    If you talk to the travellers in the taverns and give them 10 Denars, one of them will eventually give you the location of a Red Brotherhood base. The first base you learn about in that way has a Qualis gem in the chest in front of the cavern entrance. It's harder to defeat the Red Brotherhood than a regular bandit base but it's feasible.

Another way to get gems is to get a good relationship with the Noldor. Once they give you the secret location of their castle, you can participate in their tournaments (they take place in the first few days of the month). You can win a Qualis gem. I haven't tried that yet since I was constantly at war until now, but next time they hold their tournaments, I'm in. Judging by the difficulty of their training sessions, the odds of winning are low for me right now.

The other book merchant (the one who doesn't give you the location of the mines) turns Qualis gems into alchemical potions which give attribute and weapons skill increases. The first three potions raise attributes by 2 points (not intelligence though) and weapons skills by 20, from the fourth on it's only 1 attribute point and 10 weapons points.
    Thanks!
    So many ways to spend it and so few to get  :smile:
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

rellum said:
    How do you join a Knighthood Order? I'm vassal to Ravenstern so that would be the Dragon Knights
    This is the quote form the wiki:
    "Joining the Order of the Dragon requires 15 honor, 500 renown and positive relations with the order. A chapter already exists in Rane"
    So when you get these three things checked just go to the castle in Rane and speak to one of the guys guarding the interior entrance. There would be an option to join.
  4. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I got my first qualis gem from the hidden chest in one of the cities.
    What is the wisest way to spend it.
    I have three options:
    1) Sell it to the book merchant for some hidden place info
    2) sell it to the Noldor trader to get accesess to their gear
    3) Noldor units.
    Are there other ways to spend it?
    and is those 1k spawns the only way to get another gem?
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

AlphaOmega said:
    Vassal you hold fiefs, can take fiefs you capture.  Merc you can't do any of that, but get paid monthly, then once your contract is up you can go to another faction and attack the one you were just in, and nobody will hate you.
    Strange though, mercenary option never appeared to me with Georgy IV, but he agreed on vassalage. I would have preferred being a merc tbh.
    Also how to allow infinite reinforcements? at least during sieges
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

AlphaOmega said:
    6.  Flax from Jarviskholm to Avendor is good, Fish from Valonbray to Singal is good, Oil from Laria to any of the Empire's base cities is good.  Dates from Singal to Valonbray, or any other Fierd base is good.
    noosers said:
    2)
    Become a mercenary for a faction and constantly defeat and releasae lords you war, do the village quests and decline the reward - this will do you good twice, you´ll get honor and a village relation increase and it´s very important to have a few villages which love you as you can recruit off every village you´ve got positive relations with despite warring their origin faction and the more relation you´ve got and the higher your relation with a village is, the more and higher tiered recruits you´ll get, up to tier 3.

3)
    Depends on your playstyle. The easiest tourney around is windholm - hatchets only - followed by Sarleon - jousting only. You can bet in ever round on yourself and earn 20k the first time with full odds plus there´s a minor chance in each tournament that you´ll be rewarded with a special item by the town steward, including the noldor tourney.

7)
    Keep it tiny, around 50 heads strong - up to 15 Rogue Knights/Adventurers/Hero Adventurers if you can afford them, NPC companions, and split the rest evenly into excellent archers like Ravenstern Rangers and Kiergards or Empire Crossbows and Pikers/Legionaires or Ravenstern Rangers and Fierdsvain Armoured Axers and go after the smaller parties, like Vanskerries, minor Jatu and Snake Cult Armies and the various rogue knight treasure hunters for fun and loot.

Once you fight lords you´ll need more men but you´ll have enough game expierince by then to realise which troops to field against which enemies and why it´s an unwise move to attack 6 Knights of the Dawn with 25 Ravenstern Archers, 15 Milita, your companions and yourself. It´s called gaming experience or more amusingly, Epic Vaseline Moment.
    Thank you guys

Are there any difference between being a vassal and being a mercenary for the faction or it is the same thing?

7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Beorn424 said:
    Edit: Looks like you added some more questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
    Thank you for the answers, really helpful  :smile:
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hello.
    Just a new guy to PoP
    I have several questions:

1) Can somebody recommend me the best way to befriend Noldors?

2) What are best ways to build honor?

3) I'm looking to join the order eventually and leaning towards Shadow Legion. Can I join them as Ravenstern vassal or I must be Empire's one?

If not, what order would you recommend in general (I want to have great cavalry and remain Ravenstern vassal for now)

4) Can I leave order later? when I get powerful I want to create my own KO.

5) Are there better\harder\more rewarding tournaments in the game? I competed in three, won easily but got only 2k denars for the each one.

6) I want to try a bit of a merchant game during the peace time. Are there any topic\article about the best trade route to try, or just a general advice to get some money during peace through the trade.

7) Any good way to create compact (less than 100) but powerful army around early (day 15:cool: game?

I know it is a lot to ask, but with these questions settled, I would be able to get my game right =)
    Thanks.
  9. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Hello
    I'm new here.
    I'm quite enjoing the warband with the floris mod.
    But I have one thing that irritates me a lot.
    It is the time needed to upgrade the troops.
    Can somebody suggest what parameters in troops.txt which shold be changed?
    or any other way to upgrade troops faster.
Back
Top Bottom