Search results for query: *

1. server banning?

o ok, thanks. I got worried.
  2. server banning?

I got vote-kicked from a server within the first minute and im not sure why. I probably poked someone I wasn't supposed to poke quite yet. now it says im banned. Does vote kicking automatically ban you temporarily, or am i permanently banned from the server, or does it just depend on the server...
  3. THE #1 biggest problem with M&B....

I think some of you are missing the point here. Having the difficulty of a game increase as you get farther is a very basic, effective aspect of game play. It helps keep you interested in the game instead of frustrated. Don't use realism as an excuse, especially since it's perfectly possible while still maintaining realism, even if it's just making the player start in an area that has a higher concentration of weaker enemies. Having to scour the whole map looking for tiny bands of river pirates and running from sea raiders and war parties is not particularly fun or rewarding. Just a lot of clicking. If M&B was completely realistic, it would be an awful game where you'd spend most of the time getting dysentery.

Also, the excuse of "oh, if it's so easy just play solo and blind folded while trying to put out a forest fire" is annoying. That is not a solution. playing super mario galaxy with your feet does not make it a better game. A good game keeps challenging the player more and more.

M&B is an amazing game, but it could be a lot more accessible and a lot more challenging. Right now, when you get to the top, it quickly becomes repetitive. It makes you turn to mods very early. Now, mods are great, but M&B can be a whole lot more than just a "modding platform."

4. Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

hey it does work! awesome! thank you! i had just accidentally forgot to take something out, but I found it so now it's not crashing anymore.
  5. RAM detection?

oh, sorry. im running 64bit vista right now.
  6. RAM detection?

whenever I start the game, a box pops up and says i only "have 240mb (this value changes every time i start the game) of available total physical and virtual memory," and that i need at least 700mb or the game will crash frequently. I have 4gb of ddr2 RAM, a 2.6 e6750 dual core, and a 640mb...
  7. Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

oh, ok. thanks for clearing it up, I was just a bit confused. It still crashes, but I doubt it's because of your directions. ill probably just live with my bickering, ungrateful companions.
  8. Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

ya i don't get it either. every time i add that line, 2133 2 144115188075856295 1, to start_training_at_training_ground (for example), the game crashes while it's loading up. im on vista 64, btw.
Back
Top Bottom