Search results for query: *

1. Dathon

Resolved Village Quest Ambush Deserters.

In the Village quest where you have to join a ambush to defeat a group of plundering deserters, the quest fails almost instantly when waiting in the village for the attack. Did the quest before in a different village without issues, but the second time i had this, the quest just instantly fails...
  2. Dathon

how can I join dark knights or get their equipment?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,173374.0.html

From what i know it's like the topic above but in this one it is possible:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101395.0.html
  3. Dathon

This is hard....

Kushana said:
    Now for battles. My army composition consists of mostly foot units. The ratio of inf/ar/cav I maintain is around 4:3:1. Rhodoks are easily the best infantry because of their pikemen, and you're going to be needing more than a few in your army, trust me. Infantry soak up the enemy charge, archers cause the most casualties and cavalry kept back to assist at crucial moments or mop up archers. Before the battle use the planner. Infantry should be in ranks or shield wall,  stand closer, weapon orders - polearms. I keep cavalry in wedge just so they don't spread all over the place - I find it easier to control them that way, but it's up to you. Learn hotkeys you'll need them. The chief hotkey you'll need is "hold fire/fire at will", "stand ground", "stand closer", "charge" and "assume formation". Don't forget to organize your units in control groups - I use 123 for inf/arch/cav and 4 for Heroes whom I keep back  so they survive till the end of the battle (if your "surgery" guy dies early on...then say good bye to a good chunk of your force). In case you didn't know it, pressing and holding F1 also orders the selected group to move where you point it to or attack an enemy group.

So at this point you should be easily running/upgrading a warband of ~130 troops, your money troubles are no longer an issue, and where to go from there is up to you. You can either swear allegiance to a faction, or better yet capture a weakly held castle and town to start your own.

I went from having a "standard" army consisting of infantry, archers and cavalry to a army of manhunters and their upgraded versions. They can rip almost any army into pieces and even when you take losses, you can replace them by rescuing prisoners from bandit parties.
  4. Dathon

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Egilheard said:
    Is there a way to have both diplomacy mod and native expansion mod running in the same game? I think it would combine the best aspects of both :smile:

You can only run 1 mod at the time and as far as i know there is not a mod that combines just the 2 of them. There was some talk about it or making a new one featuring the things from both people liked the most. A mod like Floris gets close, but that one doesn't have the dark army invasion from NE.
  5. Dathon

There was a mod that you can own playerfaction troops and manage them

Morgh’s Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor perhaps? http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=105928.0

or

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

Mind, these are editors, not mods.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=111689.0 = If you have the programming skill yourself without using a editor.

This mod seems to have the option to customize troops, but it's not for the native map: http://www.moddb.com/mods/16th-century

I just did a fast google search on "making your own troops warband", so try that if these are not things your looking for.
  6. Dathon

Native Expansion Patch - It's official now!

"Confirmed: When encountering allied lord who's raiding a village, villagers are "joining the battle on your side"."

This a bug? In every version or mod i have played so far, villagers always join the battle on the non-raider side, even when it's a ally of yours doing it.
  7. Dathon

Weird numbers in Troop names

I believe when selecting Native troop trees, you will get the old units and not the new ones.
  8. Dathon

Caraff Castle glitching

When defending Caraff Castle(near Shariz) and standing next to the tower where the ladders are posted against, the game starts to glitch, flicker and makes it near impossible to do anything with my character. When backing away from that area, the game returns to normal, but when going again near...
  9. Dathon

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

blad2003 said:
    Hey i know this thread is old but i am hoping that it is still active i have been having a few issues with this mod the mod is great but the actual faction relation diplomacy is awful i own my own faction and every other faction keeps declaring war against me eventually we will sign a peace treaty and as soon as the 20 days are up they declare war again its never ending the only way i to get more faction relation that i know of is to help them while they are in battle just so you know i am playing with many tweaks i have 99relation with all the kings and 99RTR also i have over 5000renown and over 100honor so my question is how can i increase faction relations so the other factions dont go to war with me i want peace in calradia and i dont want to have to kill every faction to achieve this also i would like to extend the 20 day treaties how can i edit this? i would like to make it more like 90days thanks you for reading any answers will most appreciated.

Well, basically the only way to achieve peace in this game, is to eliminate all other factions. But maybe your honor is negative, so other lords hate your guts and convince the kings to DoW you. Other then that i have no clue on what could be wrong.

As for chaning the amount of days a treaty would last, maybe this editing tool might help, but i don't use anything myself except for TweakMB and that only for 2 or 3 things at most.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=105928.0
  10. Dathon

Return code -2147024703

Also tried putting those dll files in your M&B map?

From what i read you could try installing an older version of direct-x, next to your current one. It might install some files it needs.
    Also does your pc meets the requirments for the game, i have seen some post where people increased their ram and fixed the issue.

Can't really help you further then linking to other posts, cos i never had this problem.
  11. Dathon

Return code -2147024703

Maybe this helps : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=116144.0
  12. Dathon

Loaned a companion to a lord, he declared war on me, companion gone.

have you tried talking to that lord again?
  13. Dathon

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

No, there is no way to create your kingdom peacefully. But due to your relations, it will be easier to make peace and maintain that, but sooner or later you will stand on opposite sides. The only reason for having great relations with a king is getting fiefs more often, becoming marshal, getting items for your services and have him(and their OP armies) follow you. Once you become a king yourself having great relations with another king has little benefits.
  14. Dathon

Conquering All Factions; Nords Cant be Defeated?

You get a message that you have conquered all of the lands and then the game continuous. You can choose to retire from adventuring and that gives you a final score.
  15. Dathon

Hanakoganei said:
    Dathon said:
    How are sieges being fought in this mod? Even with equal numbers of defenders vs the attackers, the defenders are being slaughtered. How can you defend a castle or a town when there is no change of even successful defending a place?
    It isn't numbers but type/quality. You're wasting your time if you're trying to defend a castle with units that are mostly cavalry, and most infantry types are terrible at it too. And don't even bother if you only have rabble/bandits.

Archers are the kings of siege defense, especially crossbowmen who duck while reloading and thus inadvertently making them harder to hit and therefore able to survive longer.

Well, when i was a vassal of Swabia, when defending Dhirim with 800 troops vs 800 Kherit troops, the Kherit archers just massacred the Swabian troops. The defenders lost most troops even before the siege tower was near the walls and even then after the Kherit troops starting to get up the walls they simply slaughtered the defenders. In most sieges so far i have been it was very easy for attackers to take a castle with few losses compared to the amount of defenders killed. In native even 150 troops would be able to inflict heavy damage on a attacking force of 800 man before succumb, but in this mod you need at least two or three times the amount of defenders rather then the other way around.
  16. Dathon

How are sieges being fought in this mod? Even with equal numbers of defenders vs the attackers, the defenders are being slaughtered. How can you defend a castle or a town when there is no change of even successful defending a place?
  17. Dathon

Training Troops

fighting battles is one thing, but you can still train them during switch of days if you have the trainer perk or have a companion with that skill.
  18. Dathon

Game crashing when i have converted a native game to Diplomacy

It's always best to start a new game rather then to convert a save game, but Gyazo isn't a part of the game, so maybe turn it off/remove it from the running programs list etc to see if that bugs. Start up the computer without it or ask at the Gyazo help support for more info on that code.
  19. Dathon

Aragorn?

Several of the companions you can recruit had their names changed. I think it's a thing the maker of the mod wanted to do.
  20. Dathon

Dark knights eliminated immediately

Other then capturing and make them join afterwards there is no option for it. Basically, you need a village that allows you to recruit dark peasants or so and from there you could train them, but as there is no such village....
Back
Top Bottom