Search results for query: *

1. [SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

I need help regarding this tweak:
    This tweak disables all companions' complaints as well as negative consequences of their dissatisfaction.
    1.1) Open simple_triggers.txt. Find the trigger that starts with "1.000000  100" (here and further in the text - w/o quote marks).
    1.2) Inside the trigger's "body" you will find 6 instances of "31 2 144115188075856165 0". Replace the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th and 5th of them with "31 2 144115188075856165 10".

2.1) Open scripts.txt. Find the script post_battle_personality_clash_check. Increase the first number in this script's body by 3.
    2.2) Insert "4 0 31 2 144115188075856165 10" after this first number.
    2.3) Add "3 0" after the last number in the script.

3.1) Open menus.txt. Find the line "menu_game_options 0 Click_on_an_option_to_toggle: none 0 8". Increase 8 (or any other number you will see there) by 1.
    3.2) Go the "body" of this menu (which is 1 line below). Insert this before the first option (which is currently mno_game_options_companions):
    "mno_stop_comp_compl  0  Disable_companion_complaints  2 2133 2 144115188075856916 2 2133 2 144115188075855883 -10  .  "
    As usual, make sure that there is 1 gap between the beginning of the line and the option you inserted, as well as 2 gaps followed by a dot followed by 2 more gaps between the option you inserted and the next one.
    3.3) Use this option in the game (camp => Change PoP game options).
    My thanks to DarkTemplar for testing this tweak.

Had me stumped at step 3.1 because there does not appear to be any "menu_game_options 0 Click_on_an_option_to_toggle: none 0 8" anywhere in menus.txt.

Assuming this has to do with the fact that I'm playing PoP 3.8, but is there any way to make this work? Honestly, companion likes and dislikes have never been a favorite part of mine regarding the game, and it'd be really cool to have all of them in my party without the constant squabbling.

Thanks!
  2. 'Tis almost parsnip season! Stardew Valley

I'm having trouble deciding between Leah and Abigail :mad:
  3. Dating Thread, v. II

I think I have a thing for stronk ambitious womens.
    Currently dating a very cute but aggressive lawyer. I feel so intimidated yet excited at the same time :ohdear:

On that note, what do you guys think about having a more successful SO? Does it make you feel inferior in any way?
  4. Dating Thread, v. II

Broke up last November, tried my best but my best wasn't good enough I suppose.

Met an amazing girl though. Straight up told her I'd like to take her out to dinner. That's one new year resolution over with :razz:

I concur with Seff and Brutus about the 'game' thing; if you're looking for a relationship, best be honest about it. Not repulsively honest, of course. Some things that happen in Taleworlds should stay in Taleworlds :ohdear:
  5. Fallout 4

RabbleKnight said:
    Why everyone are so fond of Piper?  :meh:

Why aren't you?
  6. Fallout 4

My biggest gripe is how difficult it is to keep track of and manage the settlers. Even just a list of settlers and what task and bed they're assigned to would be so, so, so useful.
  7. Fallout 4

So, does romancing anyone affect the ending or anything?

Are there any repercussions to romancing more than one chick/dude? I mean, Piper is nice and all, but she has a creepy smile.
  8. [Adventure Net] The Road to Rulership

AFTER CREMATING EDMUND'S WIFE, TELL HIM SHE WAS PRETTY HOT.

Just kidding. I just wanted to echo everyone's sentiments and say that your writing is highly entertaining, Cornlad. Thanks for the laughs!
  9. Dating Thread, v. II

It's completely normal. Notice how most posts start with the word "I", too. It's all me, me, me. That's just how our mind works- there's nothing inherently bad about it. If we weren't aware about ourselves, it'd be pretty hard to be aware of everyone else.

In the case of sharing about problems though, the intention (ideally) is usually to tell people that a similar experience has occurred and is solvable in some way. It gives some comfort to know that someone else has gone through the same thing and is more or less doing fine.

@Seff:
    It sounds like you're putting effort into understanding her habit, so that's pretty good. Just be sure not to be so hard on her if she does end up keeping it a secret from you again.

I'd recommend rewarding her for long stints without smoking/going out without smoking, maybe with a good dicking backrub or something, I dunno. The  extra motivation wouldn't hurt.
  10. Dating Thread, v. II

@Seff:
    It actually is nice that you care enough to want her to stop, but in my experience, trying to change people very rarely gets them to change. They have to want to change in the first place.

I had a similar problem with my girl. I honestly didn't know how to deal with her smoking, so I pretty much just let her be and never gave my opinion about it. Not once did I judge her, or told her to stop. She knew that I wasn't into smoking, so initially she would try to hide this perceived flaw by going out to buy some cigs without my knowledge. When I eventually found out, I told her it was okay.

Funnily enough not doing anything on my part eventually resulted in her giving up smoking completely. I'm not sure what happened, she just decided to quit one day and told me, "Thanks for not judging me when I was smoking. I realize now that I don't really need them anymore".

Of course, different people have different reasons for wanting to smoke. It's a lot better if you try to understand that underlying reason, and realize that not everyone has impeccable self-control or are capable of coping with life without smoking. Just be there for her, and give her some space to think whether or not smoking is good for her. I don't think pressuring her to stop, especially with ultimatums like "if you don't stop, we can't work out", is the best way to go about it. Making them feel miserable about their problems just doesn't do wonders for someone.

But who knows? Maybe your methods might work as well. I'm not confident enough to say that my one experience fits everyone else. Just some food for thought though.
  11. Emotions In Motion v.IV

Vieira said:
    Samaritans always felt like it was for people with much worse depression, people with more extreme cases. I dunno.

Depression has many forms and different levels of severity, but it's still depression. If you feel that it is a problem, and is negatively affecting your life, then you should look for help. One of the things I tend to hear from people with similar problems is that "nah, it's not really a big problem, so I shouldn't bother anyone about it", but when said problem is persistent and has a chance to spiral into something worse... it's better to just prevent that in the first place.

Don't worry about whether or not it's serious enough for you to get professional help. Depression is hard to deal with, but it's especially so if dealt with alone.

Vieira said:
    Sometimes I worry that I'm not really looking for help, just excuses.

Maybe, but at least you'll be able to find out if you do get help. Good luck man.
  12. Dating Thread, v. II

I'm guessing you don't want her smoking in the first place?
  13. Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

Get the latest experimental version. New things are added pretty much everyday.

A more or less accurate changelog for the experimental versions can be found here: http://ci.narc.ro/view/Cataclysm-DDA/job/Cataclysm-Matrix/changes
  14. Dating Thread, v. II

:lol:
  15. Dating Thread, v. II

Thanks Pixel and Llandy for the words of advice.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
    But if after another 6 months you're still in this limbo of being in a relationship of convenience then it's probably time to start sitting down with somebody whose job it is to help you get through stuff like this
    Untitled. said:
    You mean the people who want to get paid for asking you how you feel today?

Funnily enough, I majored in Psychology :lol:

But yeah, I'm not gonna drag it out too long. Would be unfair for the both of us. I'm just grateful for the fact that she's still around, and for the glimpses every now and then of her feelings for me. Odd how I'm thankful for the tiniest of things now, which reminds me about that TED speech by some monk who said that happiness is derived from gratitude. It's kinda true. I'm so ****ing zen right now that I could come across an oreo with the cream licked off and not be pissed about it.

16. Dating Thread, v. II

Sockthrik said:
    Sethaniel said:
    Yeah, which is why I was banking on the gesture, not the stuff I brought.
    Gestures reinforce feelings, they don't make them a reality. That's all I was trying to say. If she doesn't share the same sentiment it's not going to do much.

Thanks for the insight. Can't blame me for trying :wink:
  17. Dating Thread, v. II

I'm a filthy fresh grad with no income anyway, so I can't exactly buy her back even if I wanted to :eek:

Angelsachsen said:
    After two-months, me and my partner are not in a committed relationship anymore.

Sorry dude. :sad:
  18. Dating Thread, v. II

Yeah, which is why I was banking on the gesture, not the stuff I brought.
  19. Dating Thread, v. II

I've always been interested, just didn't think about the idea of commitment. Now that we'd both finished college, it left me with plenty of time to consider a long-term future together and I guess that was when I decided to commit.

MadVader said:
    Edit: her saying she doesn't love you anymore didn't come out of the blue, did it? There must have been warnings, like literal ones. Typically about how you have to change.

Things started going funky when she got a new job that stressed her out. She was undergoing depression and had an emotional breakdown, at which point she proceeded to feel emotionally void- to the point that she was absolutely calm when we were discussing about this, which kind of freaked me out because she's always been pretty emotional. Anyway, It's a long story, and I am partly responsible for it, which is also one of the reasons I'm not willing to give up just yet.

Although yes, I want to be realistic and have in fact been preparing for single life, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of abandoning her at a time when she could really use some support.
Back
Top Bottom