Search results for query: *

1. LawL LawL

Need More Info Askar Thug/Gang Leader related fights

Summary: I tried to assist one of the gang leaders (Leadfoot Samar) in Askar with their "Rival Gang" quest line, and later tried to get rid of him, resulting in a confrontation with his gang in the streets. Both instances lead to a battle which was unwinnable as the enemies spawned on a roof of...
  2. LawL LawL

Napoleonic Wars: Administration Applications

Community name: LawL LawL

Steam Name: LawL LawL

Location/Timezone: British Columbia, Canada (PST, GMT -:cool:

Applying for: Servers

Regiments: Ex-1st EPI

About yourself: I'm 16, getting back into school, and willing to put aside some spare time for NW. My interests lie in history, writing, and essay composition. For history I'm specifically interested in the history of warfare, though history as a whole is interesting to me.

I've played M&B since .808, and MM since its first version, as I've always had a specific interest in the Napoleonic Era, its uniforms, tactics, and role as an evolutionary step in the development of the war-machine of man-kind.

I doubt I'm very well known in the community as I tend to keep to myself. In both an online setting and the real world I'm rather introverted, and anonymity doesn't help.

A primary reason for my application would be the frequency in which there are people exhibiting poor behaviour on the servers, but lack of an admin to keep them in check. I think this issue runs deep with most servers lacking an admin staff able to interlock their time tables to keep the server covered for longer periods of time.

Why you would be a good admin: I'm very interested in the study of logic, arguments, and their application, and have frequently been able to analyze things from an unbiased perspective. I think this is certainly a useful, even necessary, trait for a good admin. I find I'm also reasonably capable of mediating disputes, or at least putting an end to them.

Previous Experience (if any): Previous experience administrating a server on M&B and related games? No. But I have administrated CS:S, DoD:S, and CoD2 servers in the past, and I don't think I did a sloppy job.
  3. LawL LawL

Mount & Blade's Community, Active Player Base, and an Argumentative Discussion

Mad_man1 said:
    Why didn´t you just show him Steam numbers or more obvious the server list in MP ?

Beginning of that steam chat I had said there were 600 on Napoleonic Wars and 800 more filtered on other modules. Apparently this is insufficient.

I guess to some extent, it is obsession, but Warband and M&B in general is far too good a game to have a tiny player base 1000 players or less, and it appears that message isn't getting across in any way...
  4. LawL LawL

Hey Haresus,

Now that I look at it I feel really stupid... I should have known to check the Steam statistics for that kind of stuff.

EDIT: Whoever it may be who voted "Yes," might I ask you explain why you are so inclined to think that way? Or are you just an anonymous troll come to watch and stir mischief?
  5. LawL LawL

Ok, so the basis of this is rather questionable, but I wanted a reasonable and more meritous, though incomplete, statistic on the active player-base of Mount & Blade, and all it's expansions, mods, etc. This all started when my friend wildly claimed that the community surrounding the M&B...
  6. LawL LawL

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I get an issue whenever I start-up, it CTDs and presents an error message saying it was unable to open "textures.brf"

Checking the A Clash of Kings file and looking through the Resources folder, I find no such file in existence... ?_?
  7. LawL LawL

6th Cavalry [Recruiting mature individuals]

Rocknok2 said:
    How did the US cavalry end up in europe, may i ask?

Better question: How did Civil War era cavalry end up in Napoleonic Europe :razz:
  8. LawL LawL

Ra - The Following

Wait Sala rage quit?
  9. LawL LawL

Poll: Religion & Myth

In regards to mail, commonly known as "chainmail" I think theres a great academic debate on the academic correctness of some of the terms used. Ring-mail, if you actually think about it, would imply its a type of armour similar to mail (The proper term for this type of armour) but linked in a chain-link pattern. But I think I've found somewhere that ring-mail is actually just individual rings stitched onto some surface, possibly leather of some sort, to act as an outer layer of protection.

Anyhow, point being, it was in fact used in ancient times by Celts, Romans, Greeks, and Im sure others as well.
  10. LawL LawL

Dan11311 said:
    Ethelord said:
    Any one think a mod to paint the armors and your army armors!!! that it will be great!! (i dont like pilos helmet like more Korinthiako!

Pilos helmets are realistic for most spartan troops of this time period. So is Linothorax armor. At this stage in history soldiers were starting to get rid of cuirasses and were starting to adopt linothorax armor. Why? Because it was lighter and more flexible and you could therefore move faster in it. this mean't that the phalanx could move more swiftly to counter other threats. On a sidenote the cuirasses in this mod should probably be heavier along with corinthian helmets and greaves and shields. If a soldier is dressed completely in bronze (what I refer to as a wall of bronze) he would tire quickly when on the move. If Pilos helmets really bother you that much how about you have both the corinthian helmet and the pilos helmet mixed together so that soldiers are wearing one or the other but you see both.

Problem with this is, in game, you're able to get Linothorax armour with stats not far from Cuirasses, which is absurd. Also, as for the fatigue of soldiers, its actually a common misconception that wearing a heap of armour hampers mobility, as in reality the armour's weight is evenly distributed around your body. There are tests where gymnasts and athletes have been able to perform nearly perfectly without significant strain from the armour. With this said, obviously you're not going to run a marathon in this kind of armour, but it doesn't mean you'll tire in moments.

*ps. its what Tom Holland refers to as "a wall of bronze"  :roll:
  11. LawL LawL

<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

Victus96 said:
    GABRILDURO said:
    Well, guys....really, please apreciate what is there already. We worked hard on it.
    I remember having so much fun playing Liberty Or Death (old M&B v.808 Mod, first American revolution Mod for M&B  :wink: ), and forgiving the developers for tons of Medieval stuff, Lords and scenes.....
    Basically it was M&B with some 18th century items... :lol:
    I know (we all do...)  that 1776 is at his early stage , nevertheless can be very enjoyable, if ppl show patience and some "self arrangement" in playing it.
    And....most important, they can see REAL bad issues and report them (besides the ones we already listed, of course  :roll: )
    I miss the times in which a guy would add a history period item and declared, all proud: "..hey I made a new mod" ....and we players were all happy and would celebrate him and his Mod (go back to old M&B mods and see those Forums  :???:)

Thanks, ones more, to all these ppl that made us happy
    Thx to my loyal Teammates, that sacrifice their time and efforts to help and progress.
    Thx to all our supporters, for giving us energy, and sometimes some real help, as well.
    Gabby
    *Applauuds* That was a really awesome speech Gab!  :grin:

Were not here for speeches.... get back to work!
    so we can play a better version of the mod :grin:
  12. LawL LawL

LawL LawL said:
    Religion and Myth should be implemented in a realistic and practical way imo, make temples, shrines, holysites, etc, provide tangible in game bonuses rather than out-of-this-world weaponry or what have you. For example paying homage to a god should give a temporary boost of morale to your party, provided they are also of the same religion. Building Temples or Shrines to various gods in city's who follow such gods should increase the city's favour towards the player. Another feature I think would be interesting is to make it possible to pray and/or offer sacrifices to a god for good harvest/end of famine and what nought, this would be the player expending resources in some way, and if the outcome hoped for is what happens (ie. in game it should largely be chance based) then the player should gain favour with the village/town he just helped. Building on this idea the player should also be able to spend further resources, making a bigger offering possibly, and doing something like improving irrigation, so said good harvests would occur.

Furthermore I think you need to implement Culture a little more, and make it so Cultural and Religious differences between troops under the players control result in massive drops in Morale. Its just silly to have an army of Peloponnesian Hoplites bolstered by Scythian Horsemen and Persian Archers. On the same principle, armies of the same Cultural and Religious background should receive a minor (minor in comparison to the penalties said differences would make) boost to morale.

That was from a few pages back, but it seems most of what I suggested is very much similar to the realistic, but religious stuff tigershark suggests. And clearly no one is in favour of turning this into Age of Mythology, so I think we have a winner- *Drum roll* Realism it is!
  13. LawL LawL

The Prussian Army

Frederickson said:
    Just cause i am an *******. Good luck to you all except everybody but Heinrich.

:wink:
  14. LawL LawL

The Peloponnesian War - Bug Reports

Lynores said:
    Have you installed any fixes and attempted to load an older save? Did this happen out of nowhere, no message reports, nothing? This is very weird.

Try loading a previous save and then you might be able to find out when exactly this happens. Let me know if you find any messages in the report screen.

I put on the "temples" fix, and the "modarmours" fix. Im sorely disappointed but I've started a new character now, its working fine, and atleast I get the benefits of not having 100 diplomacy pop-ups to click through every few mins. Save-game crap out or not Im still playing!

EDIT: Ah crap, not again, I just opened up Balearic Mercenary weapon window and all of my horses, armour, helmets, and weapons have vanished from my inventory :\

Also spoke too soon about the Diplomacy, seems like I still get notifications from Truces ending, and "Failed to Respond" notifications. Not sure about the others

Oh another question, why am I getting Persian recruits of 2 varieties? They both have the same troop trees, but it seems Persian Youths recruited in some areas do not stack with those recruited in others, so I end up with 2 identical Persian "branches" in my force :S

Yet another thing, my Median Heavy Cavalry upgrade into " " with no name and CTD upon upgrading. :S
  15. LawL LawL

The Peloponnesian War - Bug Reports

All my food is reduced to 0 morale bonus, my chancellor, and chamberlain have no shirts, my character's face is all wonky and different, and my kills have been reset to 0. Ive also un-met all the Guild Masters and Village Elders (as in when I go into cities/villages Im unable to access them immediately but rather have to re-meet them in order for the rapid interaction option) What the hell just happened?
  16. LawL LawL

The Peloponnesian War - Open Alpha Test Feedback

Komemnos said:
    What the?

I only got like 750 including loot for a battle facing 40-50 cretans.

750+loot is good income, and if you had read what Swagg3r had written you would have noticed he spent many days(in game) hunting bandits, if you expect to get 14k from 1 party of bandits....  :shock:

Victob122 said:
    I've beaten 20 cretan pirates with 18 (10 doryphoros and 8 javeliners)  men super easy :grin:

Sounds like someones playing on easy settings  :roll:

I snagged a city as soon as I could and now Im raking in funds, its not exactly difficult to formulate money making strategies.
  17. LawL LawL

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Koutei said:
    And yes, like someone else said, take your time ! With those awesome screenshots we'll stay around even if the release is in 6 months :mrgreen:

Id stay around if the release was in 2 years :grin:

...but please don't make it released in two years, that would be an unpleasant length of time to wait for this mod :\
  18. LawL LawL

The Peloponnesian War - Open Alpha Test Feedback

Komemnos said:
    90% of the parties I meet are cretans, and the helots I do stumble upon are no bigger than 10 men.

Where exactly on the map are you? From what Im seeing (building up my faction around Miletos and Halikarnassos) I've yet to run into many parties of Cretans, I've only stumbled upon Cretan pirates once, and forming shield wall seems to be an effective way of removing their projectiles from the equasion. From what I found, its no longer practical to dance around like its Native and be "rambo" on horseback. Especially on Normal damage levels, it doesnt take 3 Grosphos to down you, but usually 1, I just sit behind my shieldwall and give orders as necessary. I also usually deploy archers or skirmishers just behind the shield wall, and usually they're able to fire over it until the enemies are too close. As for Hoplites losing to Cretans, something tells me they're not formed up, I find the loosely deployed Cretans just get gobbled up by Hoplites in Phalanx. As for training < casualties, I stocked up on food, I have several NPCs, with Training skill at 2-4 on them and 6 for me, and sat inside a city letting the troops level up. I find it works very well to rapidly convert youths, doryphoros, and Hoplites, into Heavy/Senior Hoplites. And in the case of some troops who dont have a "full" troop tree (like Samian Hoplies, Rhodian Hoplites, and Ephesian Hoplites) they're coverted to Veterans and are maxed out after the one upgrade.

Also, Im glad the upkeep is now 1 denar, as it shifts emphasis from the Native style Feudal armies, and more towards comparatively easily maintained semi-professional state armies. Far less book-keeping and far more tactics. Another tactic I find good is to let two Phalanxes engage eachother, then send Cretan archers, Peltasts, or more "Barbarian" style troops with the Romphaia, and flank the Phalanx. From what I've tried this is usually decisive as a small party of these flankers can often cut down 80-120 enemy hoplites before the full rout ensues, where they are more capable of cutting off the enemy retreat.
  19. LawL LawL

5arge said:
    Oh, and Auldman, please excuse Lawl_Lawl's snarkyness. He means well, I swear, he just has a way with words much like I do... an abrasive way.
    Yes, I mean't no offense but when I saw the comment about someone being annoyed by horses running into trees.... that set off a bomb or something in my head as I was appalled to think people expect cavalry to prance around in trees unhindered. As for the war on the eastern seaboard, cavalry were used, but I was unaware the map lacked any flat ground at all. In this case, obviously you would ask for flat ground to operate on, but it seemed to me like he was asking for more capable AI to navigate trees :S
  20. LawL LawL

Tom Bubu said:
    Auldman said:
    However an element of frontier/forest fighting will have to be there in order to make this accurate.

This is actually dissapointing me. As I've been leading some American Lee's cavalery troops at last in my game and as you know, AI technology isn't like player. I did crash 3 to 4 times in that heavy forested area but AI crashed into every tree that is on the map.
    My point is that in 1755 these heavily forested areas were really accurate and siriously very good.  :wink: However in 1776 they are, sorry but I want to be honest all in all, bad. I just can't charge with cavalery as I need speed and opened area for it.
    I would be very happy if there is at lease one grassy, plain map with some trees but not so much like a heavy forest through no one can pass.  Would it be possible in further releases??  :?: :wink:

You do realize realistically cavalry never operated in dense wooded ground to begin with right?... Its simply impossible to do, from the first organized cavalry in ancient Mesopotamia to the Napoleonic cavalry, formed cavalrymen didn't and couldn't venture into wooded ground because realistically you cant turn your horse on a dime and navigate trees, while avoiding your buddies who would, realistically, suffer if you were to collide. Then theres the problem of said tree and ally navigation while going full gallop, possibility of branches in your way, fallen trees your horse might not jump in time like they do in Hollywood, and then enemy presence. All in all, if you want to successfully conduct cavalry charges in wooded areas, I suggest you go back to playing Total War :\
Back
Top Bottom