Search results for query: *

• Users: Elmetiacos
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Elmetiacos

Rain and Snow

Rain and snow in large MP battles sometimes cause lag, particularly if there are a lot of horses running around to increase the number of models the game has to deal with. There's a way of reducing the number of snowflakes or raindrops by changing a number in one of the files, without actually...
  2. Elmetiacos

Fief Never Belongs to Anyone

Uhhun Castle had a small garrison, so I took it myself and asked that King Yaroglek award it to me, which he did. Uhhun village, though wasn't allocated. I waited and waited, while all other captured castles and villages and all fiefs forfeited by lords indicted for treason were all awarded to...
  3. Elmetiacos

Sparring Practice

Sparring Practice at the training ground to improve low level troops now appears to cause lasting injuries making more than one round of sparring impossible. Is this intentional or a bug?
  4. Elmetiacos

Raiding: Some People Never Learn

This must be the sixth or seventh time now that I've given Ghanawa the kicking he deserves for trying to raid my village, Emer, with small army of assorted low tier troops. Does relations affect the probability of a lord attempting a raid? He really doesn't like me now. Emer is quite easy to...
  5. Elmetiacos

Prison Break Weirdness

I was given a mission to break a lord's father out of the dungeon in Sargoth. I did it, rescuing him and another Vaegir noble and a few days later went back to see the same lord. Somehow, his father had managed to be beaten and captured immediately and once again King Ragnar had him locked up in...
  6. Elmetiacos

Instant Failure?

I came close, starting a new game after a long, long time, to getting beaten by the single robber on the street which always happens as your first ever fight. I had only a knife to fight him off and was very low on health. What if you do lose? Can you still do the Merchant's quests or does...
  7. Elmetiacos

More Serial Key Trouble

A few days ago I noticed the game slowing down and showing a message "verifying serial key" when I connected to any server. This evening, although I had no trouble earlier today, I was asked to input a serial key. Do I even have one? The key in the registry has an entry for it, but it's blank. I...
  8. Elmetiacos

Worthless Husband!

I'm currently playing a female character and she married Lord Meltor, one of the most powerful nobles in Swadia and quite a catch, or so I thought. He never liked King Harlaus much, so I thought this would be an advantage as it would be easier to persuade him to join a rebellion, but now he's...
  9. Elmetiacos

Village Fiefs, Castles and Rebellions

So, as territory is captured from other factions, the king will often assign the castle and the village attached to it to different lords. What happens if the lord of the castle rebels? Does the village change ownership to belong to the lord of the castle or does it get attached to the owner's...
  10. Elmetiacos

Keyboard Problems - Native or Mod

Custom keyboard assignments are lost when switching between a mod and Native. If I assign the keys in the mod, they are lost in Native. If I assign them in Native, they no longer work in the mod.
  11. Elmetiacos

1.143 Crash is Back

I set disable_moveable_flag_optimization to 1 in module.ini as instructed here and that fixed the problem for a while. Now however, the bug is back: when any scene is to load, the game CTDs. At first I thought the saved game might be corrupt since I appear to have a bug which causes any horse I...
  12. Elmetiacos

Ping vs Lag in Multiplayer

A problem sometimes occurs where my ping is reported as being ridiculously low - 18 or 20 when I know it should be about 40-50 for the server I'm connected to. Gameplay seems to work the opposite way: the lower my apparent ping, the slower the response on screen. When ping appears normal, I...
  13. Elmetiacos

Cavalry: You Do Your Job and We'll Do Ours

Cavalry fighters in Multiplayer: when infantry are fighting and winning, don't get involved, stay out of it. I've noticed this is a particular problem when an enemy cavalry fighter gets unhorsed - immediately all the cavalry swarm round trying to get the kill... there's no need. The infantry...
  14. Elmetiacos

Warband Multi-Language Dictionary

Ever see your side get slaughtered in a battle because the players don't have a common language? Help by adding useful phrases in a language you know and which gets spoken on M&B servers! I'll make a table when there are enough... Barn Shed Wall Bridge Ruin Roof Trees River Stay Together...
  15. Elmetiacos

New Modem - Can't Connect to any Servers

I changed my old USB Speedtouch modem which had connection dropping trouble for a Netgear DM111P and since then, although the server list appears I can't connect to any server. I can refresh the list of servers, but if start an Internet search I again receive the Unable to Connect message. Any...
  16. Elmetiacos

I Just Can't Use a Lance...

I can fight hand to hand quite well, I can shoot straight and I can ride. When it comes to trying to use a lance, however, I just can't seem to do it. I don't mean "Tell me yet again how to couch" by the way, I mean I can't aim a lance from a moving horse and thrust at the right time to kill an...
  17. Elmetiacos

Freeze - Force Single Threading Cause?

A couple of times the games froze during a multiplayer battle, locking up the computer completely. I'd recently added some memory so at first I thought this might be the problem, but Memtest86 found no problems with the new memory: the other thing I changed was Force Single Threading, since I...
  18. Elmetiacos

Armour - Who Needs It?

In multiplayer I've noticed players going around shirtless, like looters, or else just wearing the very basic armour. These characters often survive quite well, and when I fight them, they often run around everywhere, eventually getting behind me to do serious damage... of course, when I hit...
  19. Elmetiacos

1102 Belligerent Drunk

I was attacked by a belligerent drunk in the tavern in Veluca. After the fight, I saw that a Wandering Ashik was now behind the bar, while the real tavern keeper was now in an upstairs room along with everyone else.
  20. Elmetiacos

Yaroglek the Simple! Yaroglek the Fool!

King Yaroglek seems to be a complete idiot. He asks for a new marshal and then sacks him after about 2 hours. He then leads all armies himself and generally rides across the entire map "Following Lord X" who never actually appears while the Vaegirs lose castles to besieging armies we could have...
Back
Top Bottom