Search results for query: *

• Users: CJ1145
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. CJ1145

No Youtube on Chrome, also iTunes things

So yeah, on Google Chrome I'm having lots of trouble getting anything to play. When I load up a Youtube video it will buffer just fine, but it's stuck without sound on the first second of video with the first frame displayed, with the buffering symbol going on and on til the end of time. I have...
  2. CJ1145

Weirdness on Google Chrome

Okay, so I clearly clicked something I wasn't supposed to, but I can't figure what that something was. My mouse functions are all wonky. Clicking on links opens them in new tabs by default, and scrolling with the mouse wheel zooms instead of scrolls. Any idea what I did?
  3. CJ1145

Higher Education in Europe

A topic I brought up in class today prompted a discussion on the differences between college and university in the United States and its counterpart in European nations. We were assigned, for EC, to research a bit on (primarily financially) how the European system differs from the American one...
  4. CJ1145

Badgercull 2013

(Story lifted from here as well as the New York Times.) WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING? So apparently, in its ongoing quest to destroy and/or colonize and deplete everything the world holds dear, which began circa the dawn of time, Britain has turned its bloodshot, tea-fueled eyes towards nature's...
  5. CJ1145

Flash Fiction Competition voting – Round 5 – "Fantasy Town Shenanigans"

Your intermediary pal Pillock is here to pick up Llandy's slack for a little while, I suppose. So here's this week's entries! Lord Tim: BenKenobi: Pillock: Folms:
  6. CJ1145

Magenta overdose on my screen

Don't know any other way to describe it. My laptop, for whatever reason, now has a reddish tint to the screen, and I have no clue how it started or what I can do to fix it. Any ideas short of repair shop would be great, because I need this thing for class  :?
  7. CJ1145

Neil Armstrong has Died, Age 82

Link. I believe this is worthy of its own thread. The man was quite the pioneer, even if he got saddled with a desk job not long after. Thus passes a remnant of a more hopeful, if not a happier time. Back when we could do things so impossible as to put a man on the moon, and it mattered to...
  8. CJ1145

Dumbass needs an upgrade, doesn't know what to upgrade

If it wasn't clear in the title, I'm the dumbass. So yeah, lately just about every game I get hurts my computer in ways that only big burly guys in prison should be able to. I'm a gamer, so this is something of an issue. The trouble is, I'm as computer-savvy as an old white man is welcoming of...
  9. CJ1145

Resetting a Kindle Fire

Forgot this subforum existed. Long story short, my mother is an overly-reactionary idiot and since she can't connect to the internet on her Kindle she wants it reset to factory standards. The instruction booklet doesn't tell me **** on how to do that, so I'm wondering if any of you know.
  10. CJ1145

War of the Roses: aka Warband

So, I couldn't find any threads here about This game right here. It looks good, but the gameplay is looking particularly familiar. The article even flat out mentions the similarities to this forum's pride and joy. I'm wondering if any of you will be picking it up when released? It DOES look...
  11. CJ1145

Inductees: A Super-Hero Roleplay (Discussion Thread)

Hello, everyone. My name is Pillock, and I am a pillock. Very pleased to meet you all, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Now that the formalities are over, I am here to present to you what may be the nerdiest RP to ever grace these forums, unless there's a Warcraft one I'm unaware of. This is a...
  12. CJ1145

Game ideas you thought of but will never happen

Ever thought of a game mechanic/concept that you think will be the ****, but you know trying to make it will just be ****? Well share that ****! For example, my friend and I spent an hour devising what we felt to be the perfect Batman PvP combat system. For simplicity's sake we used an xbox...
  13. CJ1145

China declares Dalai Lama must reincarnate, but must still be approved by China

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110307/wl_nm/us_china_npc_tibet Oh China, you so silly. So I was reading this and I was just thinking about the kind of stuff that happens when a government ends up in charge of a religion. It seems to me it makes even less sense than religion in charge of a...
  14. CJ1145

2011! What's YOUR New Years resolution?

Because why the hell not? With a brand new year hurtling at us like a fastball going at a toddler, I wondered what do my fellow Taleworldians plan to do with this new stretch of time before them? Therefore I ask you: what is your resolution for the new year? Mine is to become a better artist...
  15. CJ1145

Guys, my computer is screwed

Okay, I don't even know what's happening this time. It's like my computer is having a malevolent seizure or something. (I'm on a laptop typing this, btw) Okay, so I get on my computer and it starts out normal. I go on the internet, and after navigating about five pages it start to get crazy. I...
  16. CJ1145

Bill O'Reilly screws up, surprises no one

I'm just giddy. So apparently on the View, O'Reilly managed to piss off Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar enough to make them leave the set in rage when he pretty much blamed Muslims in general for 9/11. And when somebody called him on how stupid he was being, he said "Oh, so you're saying Muslims...
  17. CJ1145

A thought on morality.

So as I'm sitting here in my room, I'm pondering the scales of morality we all know. Of course, we know of the Black and White axis, good and evil and all that. But I don't think that's enough. Read TVTropes? Then obviously you've seen the page referred to as Blue and Orange Morality. This...
  18. CJ1145

What is the Worst Use of Music in a Movie Ever?

The thread's subject is simple: put forth your nominations for the single worst use of music in a movie that you have yet seen. Well, mine is simple. Ever seen Watchmen? Then I have one word for you: Hallelujah.
  19. CJ1145

The Stringhold Series

From henceforth, this shall be our bastion for all things Stronghold. I shall begin with some light conversation. How does one really get into Stronghold 2? The first one was accessible enough, but the second just confused me from the get-go. What would you suggest to ease me into it?
  20. CJ1145

Band Name Maker

So guys, I found this pretty cool little app you could use to make all sorts of band names. Most of them are ****, or use the word ****, but there's some surreal stuff in here. Here's the link. I used it ten times, and picked the best name from each list. They were: 1. Erection Koala 2...
Back
Top Bottom