Search results for query: *

1. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

yeah sorry, I just came back to say n/m I found it  :oops:
    my search terms came back with better results when I chose search>find in files> tourney_helm_red

I've been trying to make a script for a Championship Tournaments that's held every 6 months to allow all factions
    a temporary 3 day truce that triggers & randomly invites all kings & lords to stop what they are doing and join in
    the chance of winning 25,000 denars + a champion charger    :lol:
  2. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I have a simpler question this time, I'm trying to figure out how to change the tourney armor & equipment
    more specifically trying to determine how the scripts choose specific armors for specific towns or faction?

example: lets say a tourney was at Shariz then the game chooses tourney turbans, and if its in the steppe towns then they choose steppe_helmets.

I see it's all in module_mission_templates but I'm not getting how the game chooses specific equipment set numbers 0-57
    per tournament/ town.

Code:
      (
        "arena_melee_fight",mtf_arena_fight,-1,
        "You enter a melee fight in the arena.",
        [
          (0,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_red, itm_red_tourney_helmet]),
          (1,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword, itm_arena_tunic_red]),
          (2,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_red, itm_red_tourney_helmet]),
          (3,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_red, itm_red_tourney_helmet]),
          (4,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows, itm_practice_dagger, itm_arena_tunic_red]),
          (5,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword,itm_practice_shield,itm_arena_tunic_red]),
          (6,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_red]),
          (7,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_red, itm_red_tourney_helmet]),

(8,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_dagger, itm_arena_tunic_blue]),
          (9,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_blue,itm_blue_tourney_helmet]),
          (10,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_arena_tunic_blue]),
          (11,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword,itm_practice_shield,itm_arena_tunic_blue, itm_blue_tourney_helmet]),
          (12,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_blue]),
          (13,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_blue,itm_blue_tourney_helmet]),
          (14,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_arena_tunic_blue]),
          (15,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword,itm_practice_shield,itm_arena_tunic_blue]),

(16,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_green, itm_green_tourney_helmet]),
          (17,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_arena_tunic_green, itm_green_tourney_helmet]),
          (18,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_green, itm_green_tourney_helmet]),
          (19,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_green, itm_green_tourney_helmet]),
          (20,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_dagger, itm_arena_tunic_green, itm_green_tourney_helmet]),
          (21,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword,itm_practice_shield,itm_arena_tunic_green]),
          (22,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_green]),
          (23,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_green, itm_green_tourney_helmet]),

(24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (25,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (26,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (27,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (28,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_dagger, itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (29,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword,itm_practice_shield,itm_arena_tunic_yellow]),
          (30,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow]),
          (31,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (32, mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword]),
          (33,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_staff]),
          (34,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword, itm_practice_shield]),
          (35,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_4,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_staff]),
          (36, mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows, itm_practice_dagger]),
          (37,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword, itm_practice_shield]),
          (38,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword]),
          (39,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_4,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_staff]),
    #40-49 not used yet
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_bow,itm_practice_arrows,itm_practice_dagger, itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_sword,itm_practice_shield,itm_arena_tunic_yellow]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_heavy_practice_sword,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow]),
          (24,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_3,af_override_all,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_practice_lance,itm_practice_shield,itm_practice_horse,itm_arena_tunic_yellow, itm_gold_tourney_helmet]),

(50, mtef_scene_source,af_override_horse|af_override_weapons|af_override_head,0,1,[]),
          (51, mtef_visitor_source,af_override_horse|af_override_weapons|af_override_head,0,1,[]),
          (52, mtef_scene_source,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
    #not used yet:
          (53, mtef_scene_source,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),(54, mtef_scene_source,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),(55, mtef_scene_source,af_override_horse,0,1,[]),
    #used for torunament master scene

(56, mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0, af_override_all, aif_start_alarmed, 1, [itm_practice_sword, itm_practice_shield, itm_padded_cloth, itm_segmented_helmet]),
          (57, mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0, af_override_all, aif_start_alarmed, 1, [itm_practice_sword, itm_practice_shield, itm_padded_cloth, itm_segmented_helmet]),
        ],
        tournament_triggers
      ),
  3. Diplomacy 4.3 source (.py files)

yeah, it's not the 4.3 but it is the latest released source

+ it works just fine with wbv1.153

I only saw one minor warning while compiling it.. so it's a good enough template to start from
    rather then doing the opposite & adding diplomacy to something else.

it's a great mod & I'm having an absolute blast creating complete anarchy in the realm..

cheat menu >force all lords to fall out with their lords  = every 5 seconds By order of king soinso lord has been
    indicted of treason.. I have like 10 lords waiting to pledge to me  ..*evil grin* 
  4. Diplomacy 4.3 source (.py files)

I take it the developer has not yet released the diplomacy 4.3 module source for warband 1.153?
    this makes things extremely difficult to pick apart & dissect your code..

Edit: n/m found it.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162267.msg3919529.html#msg3919529

5. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Somebody said:
    try outputting the values (ids) of the templates they're supposed to be receiving in cf_reinforce_party

I'm pretty sure at this point what is going on here is when I changed the constants
    in order to enable the player at the beginning of any game to start as king & ruler over fac_kingdom_7

in order to make this happen I had to change constants from this

Code:
    kingdoms_begin = "fac_player_supporters_faction"
    kingdoms_end = "fac_kingdoms_end"

npc_kingdoms_begin = "fac_kingdom_1"
    npc_kingdoms_end = kingdoms_end

bandits_begin = "trp_bandit"
    bandits_end = "trp_black_khergit_horseman"

kingdom_ladies_begin = "trp_knight_1_1_wife"
    kingdom_ladies_end = "trp_heroes_end"

#active NPCs in order: companions, kings, lords, pretenders

pretenders_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_pretender"
    pretenders_end = kingdom_ladies_begin

lords_begin = "trp_knight_1_1"
    lords_end = pretenders_begin

kings_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord"
    kings_end = lords_begin

companions_begin = "trp_npc1"
    companions_end = kings_begin

active_npcs_begin = "trp_npc1"
    active_npcs_end = kingdom_ladies_begin

active_npcs_including_player_begin = "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"
    original_kingdom_heroes_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord"

to this

Code:
    fac_kingdoms_end = "fac_kingdom_7"

kingdoms_begin = "fac_kingdom_1"
    kingdoms_end = "fac_kingdoms_end"

npc_kingdoms_begin = "fac_kingdom_1"
    npc_kingdoms_end = kingdoms_end

bandits_begin = "trp_bandit"
    bandits_end = "trp_black_khergit_horseman"

kingdom_ladies_begin = "trp_knight_1_1_wife"
    kingdom_ladies_end = "trp_heroes_end"

#active NPCs in order: companions, kings, lords, pretenders

pretenders_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_pretender"
    pretenders_end = kingdom_ladies_begin

lords_begin = "trp_knight_1_1"
    lords_end = pretenders_begin

kings_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord"
    kings_end = lords_begin

companions_begin = "trp_npc1"
    companions_end = kings_begin

active_npcs_begin = "trp_npc1"
    active_npcs_end = kingdom_ladies_begin

active_npcs_including_player_begin = "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"
    original_kingdom_heroes_begin = "trp_kingdom_1_lord"

and by doing so, & changing: kingdoms_begin = "fac_player_supporters_faction"
    that's where I am running into my lord recruiting from assigned faction culture problems..
    while I took notice to this specific part in

scripts.py

from native code
    Code:
    ##native code begin

(faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),
    	  (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

(assign, ":player_faction_culture", "fac_culture_1"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_culture, ":player_faction_culture"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_faction",  slot_faction_culture, ":player_faction_culture"),

(try_for_range, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
            (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_marshall, -1),
          (try_end), 
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_marshall, "trp_player"),
          (call_script, "script_initialize_faction_troop_types"),
    ##native code end

to what mine looks like
    Code:
    	  (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_6"),
    	  (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_6",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_6_lord"),
    	  (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_6_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

(faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_7"),
    	  (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_player"),
    	  (troop_set_slot, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

#      (assign, ":player_faction_culture", "fac_culture_1"),
    #      (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction",  slot_faction_culture, ":player_faction_culture"),
    #      (faction_set_slot, "fac_player_faction",  slot_faction_culture, ":player_faction_culture"),

(try_for_range, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
            (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_marshall, -1),
          (try_end), 
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_7", slot_faction_marshall, "trp_player"),
          (call_script, "script_initialize_faction_troop_types"),

thanks for helping guys but I guess I'm going to have to figure it out at some point on my own
    + I'd better not spam post any more of my unnecessary stupidness in here.

"If" your bored & wish to have a look at my module source to solve whatever I did wrong
    pm me & I'll send you the dl link

cheers.
  6. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

they should be it's in there

module_troops.py

Code:
      ["knight_7_1", "Lord Norrus", "Norrus", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_7, [itm_charger,            itm_nomad_robe,             itm_nomad_vest,                     itm_woolen_hose,            itm_mail_chausses,                   itm_vaegir_noble_helmet, itm_lamellar_gauntlets,       itm_shortened_military_scythe,    itm_tab_shield_kite_d],    knight_attrib_5,wp(200),knight_skills_5|knows_trainer_5, 0x0000000c00046581234e8da2cdd248db00000000001f569c0000000000000000, vaegir_face_older_2],
      ["knight_7_2", "Lord Conwy", "Conwy", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_7, [itm_charger,      itm_courtly_outfit,     itm_lamellar_armor,               itm_leather_boots,          itm_mail_boots,                      itm_vaegir_noble_helmet,  itm_lamellar_gauntlets,        itm_shortened_military_scythe,   itm_tab_shield_kite_cav_b],    knight_attrib_4,wp(220),knight_skills_4|knows_trainer_6, 0x0000000c27046000471bd2e93375b52c00000000001dd5220000000000000000, vaegir_face_older_2],
      ["knight_7_3", "Lord Hursh",  "Hursh", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_7, [itm_charger, itm_nomad_robe, itm_lamellar_armor,itm_nomad_boots,  itm_splinted_leather_greaves,  itm_khergit_guard_helmet, itm_lamellar_gauntlets, itm_fighting_pick,  itm_tab_shield_small_round_c, itm_khergit_bow, itm_arrows],  knight_attrib_3,wp(190),knight_skills_3|knows_trainer_5|knows_power_draw_4, 0x0000000e880062c53b0a6e4994ae272a00000000001db4e10000000000000000, khergit_face_older_2],
      ["knight_7_4", "Lord Hetzar", "Hetzar", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_7, [itm_charger,          itm_nobleman_outfit,     itm_coat_of_plates,                 itm_leather_boots,          itm_splinted_leather_greaves,        itm_flat_topped_helmet, itm_gauntlets, itm_bastard_sword_b,   itm_tab_shield_heater_d],  knight_attrib_5,wp(260),knight_skills_5|knows_trainer_3, 0x0000000cb700210214ce89db276aa2f400000000001d36730000000000000000, swadian_face_young_2],
      ["knight_7_5", "Lord Powell", "Powell", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_7, [itm_charger,     itm_rich_outfit,  itm_heraldic_mail_with_tabard,     itm_leather_boots,    itm_mail_boots,    itm_great_helmet, itm_gauntlets, itm_shortened_military_scythe,  itm_tab_shield_heater_d], knight_attrib_5,wp(250),knight_skills_5, 0x0000000c060400c454826e471092299a00000000001d952d0000000000000000, rhodok_face_older_2],
      ["knight_7_6", "Lord Nelag", "Nelag", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_7, [itm_charger,          itm_fur_coat,        itm_lamellar_armor,               itm_woolen_hose,            itm_mail_boots,                      itm_vaegir_noble_helmet,  itm_scale_gauntlets,      itm_military_pick,   itm_tab_shield_kite_cav_b],      knight_attrib_5,wp(260),knight_skills_5|knows_trainer_6, 0x0000000f7c00520e66b76edd5cd5eb6e00000000001f691e0000000000000000, vaegir_face_older_2],

module_party_templates.py

Code:
      ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", "kingdom_7_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rebel_light_cavalry,1,2),(trp_rebel_militia,1,2),(trp_rebel_swordsman,1,2),(trp_rebel_crossbowman,3,4),(trp_rebel_javelineer,3,4)]),
      ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", "kingdom_7_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rebel_initiate,4,7),(trp_rebel_protector,3,4),(trp_rebel_cavalry,3,4),(trp_rebel_armbruster,3,4),(trp_rebel_archer,3,4),(trp_rebel_raider,3,4)]),
      ("kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", "kingdom_7_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_rebel_guardian,1,2),(trp_rebel_lancer,1,2),(trp_rebel_knight,1,2),(trp_rebel_handgonnemann,1,2),(trp_rebel_clansman,1,2)]),

module_scripts.py

Code:
            (else_try),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_7"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_rebel_deserter"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_rebel_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_rebel_messenger"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_rebel_prison_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no", slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_rebel_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_a"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_b"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_kingdom_7_reinforcements_c"),
            (try_end),
  7. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

yeah I'm too stupid to live..thanks

ok so here's the results... all seems to be working just fine as far as new lord & constants

I'm not understanding why powells budget deminishes over a period of 2 days unless he is paying his castle troops or something...no that can't be right because it's not his castle.. so he must be paying for troops but not receiving them?

33ct4s5.jpg
  8. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

your the man vader!

that sounds more likely what's going on, I will go and test this right now.

<post edit>
    ok, my brain hurts now  :???:

so here's my first thown error message in like 2 years!..

Code:
    Initializing...
    Compiling all global variables...
    Exporting scripts...
    Error: Unrecognized tag:{!}strin object:{!}str_debug__hiring_men_to_party_for_s0
    ERROR: Illegal Identifier:{!}str_debug__hiring_men_to_party_for_s0
    Exporting postfx_params...

having a look in  ID.strings.py

str_debug__hiring_men_to_party_for_s0 = 1939  so it is defined

it's also in constants

all I did was enable these debug lines in scripts
    Code:
    	  (try_begin),
    	  	(ge, "$cheat_mode", 0),
            (str_store_troop_name, s7, ":troop_no"),
            (assign, reg9, ":cur_wealth"),
            (display_message, "@{!}DEBUGS : {s7} total budget is {reg9}"),
            (assign, reg6, ":ideal_size"),
            (assign, reg7, ":ideal_top_size"),
            (assign, reg8, ":hiring_budget"),
            (display_message, "str_debug__hiring_men_to_s7_ideal_size__reg6_ideal_top_size__reg7_hiring_budget__reg8"),
          (try_end),

and the issue was enabling this debugger a tad further down..

Code:
            (str_store_troop_name, s0, ":troop_no"),
            (display_message, "{!}str_debug__hiring_men_to_party_for_s0"),

so I had a brief looked threw header_operations.py

what tag did I nerf & what am I overlooking vader?
    </post edit>
  9. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

AnddyiRaynor said:
    I believe it is because they have no money therefore they cannot pay anyone,

I'm not convinced that is the case.. in the start of a new game all lords from other kingdoms start off with 40-50 troops,
    all of my lords have none. to test that I gave myself all the unclaimed villages and of course all my lords hated
    me for it so then gave gifts of 3000 denars until we were on good terms again.. so after I was sure they received money
    they still were unable to recruit troops in their castles.

AnddyiRaynor said:
    I'd also assume that if you had cheatmenu on and when the payday comes they lose troops to attrition.

..wut?  I need the cheat menu to test with so that's just lame.
    AnddyiRaynor said:
    If you have your mod already working you could try morghs troop editor to see if the lord should be get any troops.

although I never use any .txt tools and stick with only using the module system, I will give that a try just for
    testing.. thanks for the suggestion.
  10. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

can anyone explain to me how lords recruit their own troops without leaving their castles?

if a lord is defeated in battle he respawns into his castle after a few mins starting with no troops ..then gradually in intervals
    his party gets larger until he feels safe to leave the castle to go recruit some from a village if he owns one..

my issue as previously stated in my previous post remains the same, my new lords have no troops and so they sit in their castles waiting for something that will never happen and so they never leave until i give them troops.

I suspect it's a constants kingdoms_begin-kingdoms_end, or a fac_kingdom_7 issue somewhere that the lord troops recruitment script calls to but can't seem to locate the specific code to analyze it.

any help guys?
  11. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Quick question:

I have made my own small faction and starting the player out as a king in charge of it..
    and so I cloned a town and a couple castles and a few lords using this tutorial:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128647.msg3101063.html#msg3101063

the only big problem I am having at this moment is locating the specific syntax in the module system that assigns money
    and renown to lords..

my new lords start off on a new map at the beginning of a game sitting in their castles without any troops..
    while other lords start off with 60-70 troops. I ask them what he is doing and they all say I need to get some more troops before I worry about anything else.. and so they sit there unable to purchase/spawn troops into their party.

the only way to fix it so they leave their castle is to give them some of my own my troops.

help!

thanks in advance.
Back
Top Bottom