Search results for query: *

1. General Feedback & Venting

Three things I dislike:

1. If run with an up-to-date version of Warband, then it needs to be started in a nonstandard way.
    2. Recruitment interface could be a little more compact, so you can see more troop types at once.
    3. Doesn't improve over vanilla diplomacy very much. Although, this is probably at least partly due to engine limitations.

Three things good:

1. Building system
    2. Recruitment system
    3. Quests

Big Wish:

Features from the really old Fire Arrow mod for the original Mount & Blade:
    - Grain fields & cattle herds are objects on the map, and IIRC you could torch them to hurt village prosperity
    - Villages have a finite number of peasants in them, so recruitment takes away village prosperity
  2. Praise for this mod!

Some of my favorite things about this mod: - Zendar is back, hooray! - If you are subordinate to another leader, you can hear the leader's orders. I totally loved it when hearing the Manhunters shout "Charge!" - All of the abilities of the Guidance of Sky: showing the enemy leader, highlighting...
  3. Faction Wishlist - Manhunters

As the manpower of Calradia becomes more and more depleted by the constant wars, the fields still need to be worked and the castle walls still need to be maintained. Furthermore, there is an increasing need for cheap preserved meat, which means, lots of salt mining. Therefore, slavery is...
  4. Faction Wishlist - Female Mercenaries

Women would require a new resource, "Female Mercenary" or something like that. The main way of getting them would be putting rescued peasant women back into towns.
  5. Faction Wishlist - Looters

There are many wild tribesmen throughout the land, living according to the old ways. They believe that being settled in any one place is weakness, and that sharing is evil. Only violence and raiding are allowed in their culture. Anyone who tries to get educated or plant any crops is banished...
  6. Faction Wishlist - Rhodoks

Huillam said:
    Rhodoks live in the mountains. Not exactly the best place for a cavalry.

And in game? Heavy cavalry has no hope of victory against pikemen as they have huge (and I mean HUGE) damage bonuses against horses.
    Horse archers? They have a huge advantage against cavalry and infantry but not when fighting (cross)bowmen.

I played with Floris Mod Pack for years. Rhodoks had no cavalry and believe me they were the worst ennemy I could imagine.

Even the Spartans had to get mercenary cavalry, especially Persian cavalry (it's as if 300 was for nothing in the long run)

In-game, the spearwall formation works well if it can be formed against every possible charging direction. But I had a pretty easy time running circles around them with horse archers while marching my foot archers close to them. If they shoot at the horse archers, they will get hit in the back by normal archers. If they form a spearwall against my cavalry, then my infantry will march into their back and tangle them up, then I can charge them at leisure.
  7. Comments: 3.0 Released

Talinoth said:
    One strange thing I've noticed... TOYOTOMI HIDEYOSHI IS NOT IN THIS MOD. Takeda Shingen, Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu - they're all present, but HIDEYOSHI HIMSELF isn't. THE MAN WHO UNITES JAPAN (lol it rhymes) AND HIS CLAN ARE NOT IN THE MOD.

Actually, one of Nobunaga Oda's vassals is a guy named "Hashiba"

Keep in mind that he changed his name a few times.
  8. Faction Wishlist - Rhodoks

An army with no cavalry is ridiculous - it will just get chewed-up by horse archers, or surrounded and charged from all sides.

Even the classical Romans had cavalry.

However, I can definitely see Rhodok cavalry being intended mainly to block other cavalry, and not being very good at charging.
  9. BUG Reports v 1.38 (Read first page before post)

I figured out (with the help of another M&B fan) that the text bug in towns, and the locked castles and taverns, are a result of running the game with WSE. Running the game normally solved the problems.
  10. BUG Reports v 1.38 (Read first page before post)

The text in cities seems to be messed up, showing whatever the most recent text may have been (such as "battle won") or some other random text (possibly AI decision or from a different part of the text buffer such as "We should continue the feast")

EDIT: Also, I can't enter any lord's halls or mead halls. My character has 600+ renown, 300+ bardic reputation, is a Roman female, and has pretty good charisma and related skills.
  11. "Setup files are corrupted, please download again."

Froggystyle said:
    Did you download it with Google Chrome?

It's known that google chrome caused corruption to earlier uploads, so
    possibly it caused corruption to 1.38 as well.

Try downloading with Internet Explorer.

This is false, as I also tried it with Opera. It is a browser-independent issue.
  12. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

penquin11 said:
    I know that this is out of context but here:

Sparta Was a Constitutional Democracy... and granted its women more rights than Athens... Sparta also had a reputation for opposing Tyrants.... So yeah that wouldnt be historically accurate at all..

Sparta's democracy was restricted to Spartiates, with everyone else being either in charge of beating up Helots, or being Helots who got beat up all the time.

The basis for their gender equality was to make women as similar to men as possible. For example, their marriage ceremonies involved dressing up women like men so that the men would be interested enough to make babies. Granted, Sparta did give more rights to women than Athens did, but Athens still had the option of female suffrage open since they were making plays like Medea and Lysistrata. Of course thanks to Alexander the Great we may never know if Athens could have gotten there.

While Sparta opposed single tyrants, they had no problem installing thirty tyrants in Athens. They did something similar to Thebes. Both of these regime changes were quickly undone.

While Sparta had their form of limited, Spartiate-oriented, Helot-whipping, regime-installing democracy before Cleisthenes did his reforms, they did not change it afterwards whereas Athens was able to change, and Thebes took after the Athenian model rather than the Spartan one.
  13. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Democracy:
    - The more threatening that Sparta is, the more that people will support democracy, to the point where for example Thebes and Corinth can change into a democratic government
    - You can support "pretenders" by trying to persuade the people
    - You can push for democracy to be instituted in multiple phases (Cleisthenes-style, then Pericles-style)
    - You have to get elected Archon in order to be allowed to recruit certain kinds of troops. Alternatively, this may be a bonus to party size and/or give a daily budget.
    - Ostracism
    - You can persuade the people to vote to build something faster and/or give you money to build something.

THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAA!
    - Voting by shouting really loudly (based on Strength?)
    - Two kings
    - When you take over places as Sparta, you have to find rich oligarchs to serve as a puppet regime, and they can be overthrown if you don't protect them
    - Helot revolutions
  14. Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (OLD DISCUSSION TOPIC)

What was Ashigaru armor for, if it couldn't even stop arrows? Blocking harsh language?
  15. **The official questions thread** aka. The F.A.Q.

Question 1: How much time would it take to put the Fire Arrow features into Native Warband?

Question 2: How much progress has been made on the Sengoku Jidai mod?

Question 3: What is your favorite game about the Sengoku Jidai? In my country, there are very few games about it, except for the first games from this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N5I1GYtFPM
  16. How to increase skill value cap.

Skills have a limit of 15. You can do it in notepad (i.e. won't work if you try to give troops higher skill values) easily like this:
    Code:
    skl_trade Trade 19 15 Every_level_of_this_skill_reduces_your_trade_penalty_by_5%%._(Party_skill)
    skl_leadership Leadership 3 15 Every_point_increases_maximum_number_of_troops_you_can_command_by_5,_increases_your_party_morale_and_reduces_troop_wages_by_5%%._(Leader_skill)
    skl_prisoner_management Prisoner_Management 3 15 Every_level_of_this_skill_increases_maximum_number_of_prisoners_by_%d._(Leader_skill)
    skl_reserved_1 Reserved_Skill_1 259 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_2 Reserved_Skill_2 259 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_3 Reserved_Skill_3 259 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_4 Reserved_Skill_4 259 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_persuasion Persuasion 2 15 This_skill_helps_you_make_other_people_accept_your_point_of_view._(Personal_skill)
    skl_engineer Engineer 18 15 This_skill_allows_you_to_construct_siege_equipment_and_fief_improvements_more_efficiently._(Party_skill)
    skl_first_aid First_Aid 18 15 Heroes_regain_5%%_per_skill_level_of_hit-points_lost_during_mission._(Party_skill)
    skl_surgery Surgery 18 15 Each_point_to_this_skill_gives_a_4%%_chance_that_a_mortally_struck_party_member_will_be_wounded_rather_than_killed._(Party_skill)
    skl_wound_treatment Wound_Treatment 18 15 Party_healing_speed_is_increased_by_20%%_per_level_of_this_skill._(Party_skill)
    skl_inventory_management Inventory_Management 2 15 Increases_inventory_capacity_by_+6_per_skill_level._(Leader_skill)
    skl_spotting Spotting 18 15 Party_seeing_range_is_increased_by_10%%_per_skill_level._(Party_skill)
    skl_pathfinding Path-finding 18 15 Party_map_speed_is_increased_by_3%%_per_skill_level._(Party_skill)
    skl_tactics Tactics 18 15 Every_two_levels_of_this_skill_increases_starting_battle_advantage_by_1._(Party_skill)
    skl_tracking Tracking 18 15 Tracks_become_more_informative._(Party_skill)
    skl_trainer Trainer 2 15 Every_day,_each_hero_with_this_skill_adds_some_experience_to_every_other_member_of_the_party_whose_level_is_lower_than_his/hers._Experience_gained_goes_as:_{0,4,10,16,23,30,38,46,55,65,80}._(Personal_skill)
    skl_reserved_5 Reserved_Skill_5 258 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_6 Reserved_Skill_6 258 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_7 Reserved_Skill_7 258 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_8 Reserved_Skill_8 258 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_looting Looting 17 15 This_skill_increases_the_amount_of_loot_obtained_by_10%%_per_skill_level._(Party_skill)
    skl_horse_archery Horse_Archery 1 15 Reduces_damage_and_accuracy_penalties_for_archery_and_throwing_from_horseback._(Personal_skill)
    skl_riding Riding 1 15 Enables_you_to_ride_horses_of_higher_difficulty_levels_and_increases_your_riding_speed_and_manuever._(Personal_skill)
    skl_athletics Athletics 1 15 Improves_your_running_speed._(Personal_skill)
    skl_shield Shield 1 15 Reduces_damage_to_shields_(by_8%%_per_skill_level)_and_improves_shield_speed_and_coverage._(Personal_skill)
    skl_weapon_master Weapon_Master 1 15 Makes_it_easier_to_learn_weapon_proficiencies_and_increases_the_proficiency_limits._Limits_go_as:_60,_100,_140,_180,_220,_260,_300,_340,_380,_420._(Personal_skill)
    skl_reserved_9 Reserved_Skill_9 257 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_10 Reserved_Skill_10 257 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_11 Reserved_Skill_11 257 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_12 Reserved_Skill_12 257 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_13 Reserved_Skill_13 257 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_power_draw Power_Draw 0 15 Lets_character_use_more_powerful_bows._Each_point_to_this_skill_(up_to_four_plus_power-draw_requirement_of_the_bow)_increases_bow_damage_by_14%%._(Personal_skill)
    skl_power_throw Power_Throw 0 15 Each_point_to_this_skill_increases_throwing_damage_by_10%%._(Personal_skill)
    skl_power_strike Power_Strike 0 15 Each_point_to_this_skill_increases_melee_damage_by_8%%._(Personal_skill)
    skl_ironflesh Ironflesh 0 15 Each_point_to_this_skill_increases_hit_points_by_+2._(Personal_skill)
    skl_reserved_14 Reserved_Skill_14 256 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_15 Reserved_Skill_15 256 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_16 Reserved_Skill_16 256 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_17 Reserved_Skill_17 256 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.
    skl_reserved_18 Reserved_Skill_18 256 15 This_is_a_reserved_skill.

Modding the module system to support skills of up to 15 will take a lot more effort. I've done it before, but I can't quite remember how... Anyways, a character's/troop's rating in each skill takes exactly 4 bits, and thus cannot go above 15. If you try to support skills of 16 or higher, you will get issues.
  17. 1866 - v0.7 Beta release (download link + information)

Just tried out this mod for an hour, and I love it! It's one of the most complete total conversions, up there with the Star Wars mod. I especially love how some of the guys say stuff like "Chinga tu madre!" and how you can have a real shootout when besieging forts.
  18. FAQ of WWII: China Battlefield v3

I am able to join Jiang Jieshi, but there is no Mao Zedong?
  19. Top 10 mods for Mount&Blade

The guy who made the video seems to judge mods entirely by the blood splatters
  20. suggestion and plans for the future

I have been looking for the perfect mod to base my own mod on, and I think the Fire Arrow mod is the best one for this purpose.

My requests:

- Option to increase the size and experience of faction parties and bandit parties.

- More heraldric armors.

- More of other kinds of equipment (helmets, gloves, boots).

- Armors & helmets with heraldric flags, similar to the banner item.

- Heraldric horse textures. Not sure if this is possible or not.

- Increase the maximum inventory size, for loot and castle chests.

- Shield Bashing. (from Yggdrasil mod)

- Tell companions how to change their equipment automatically. (from Pendor mod)

- Random objects on field battle scenes, such as huts, farms, ruins, etc. Not sure how difficult this is.

- Multiple siege devices - towers, ladders, catapults, trebuchets, ballistas.
    -- Catapults, trebuchets & ballistas may trigger a script to cause a pre-set part of the scene to change into a "broken" wall section and damage all troops nearby. I do not know how the battle scripts work, so I am not sure how difficult this may be.

- Invasion that can be easily changed through source (set the invasion day, set the first troop of the invader troop tree, etc.)
Back
Top Bottom