Search results for query: *

1. Sir_Newton

Do you want to be able to create a family?

If this is implemented it will probably be the number one thing I'm most excited about for Bannerlord. Being able to keep going with different characters in the same constantly changing world would be the most significant addition to the Mount and Blade gameplay loop ever
  2. Sir_Newton

Light Infantry Role

Rainbow Dash said:
    Sir_Newton said:
    And don't forget the Byzantine Akritai JuanNieve, they were quite famous in their time.

I strongly believe that it would be more interesting and appropriate for light infantry to have their own trees and specialties rather than just being stopgaps for upgrades to heavy troops. It just makes more sense.

So what you're essentially asking for is more troop trees with a focus on troops that don't use armor.

If thats the case then why not pick a different faction then? Khergits make heavy use of light horse archers in Warband currently compared to say, Swadian Knights.

Or are you asking for more subfactions and clans that have unique troops that focus on light infantry?

The point of picking a different faction is that certain ones of their trees perform better than the trees of other factions. Almost every faction in Warband has infantry, that doesn't stop the Nords from having a distinct advantage by having the best infantry. If you've played Floris with the expanded troop trees, they pull off this concept beautifully.

Rainbow Dash said:
    It wouldn't be very economical to take a troop that you've been training to move quickly and skirmish with light armor/weapons and just shove him into a tighter formation with heavier equipment. Formation fighting takes a lot of extra drill time and carrying so much more gear takes a different kind of physical conditioning. It's just more logical and immersive to have these different skill-sets developed over the course of separate trees rather than just happening overnight with an upgrade that happens at the click of a button.

FUN>REALISM

Even if this is realistic, remember that Bannerlord is, as quoted from a Taleworlds dev, a FANTASY game and should not be based on real life.

It's not just realistic, it's LOGICAL. Even the most far-out fantasy settings strive for a cohesive internal logic to their universe and sometimes doing this well or poorly makes or breaks the setting. Since TaleWorlds haven't introduced some kind of new magic system to the game that negates the need to train, it makes sense for that established rule of our universe to carry over to Bannerlord since it's obviously not very taxing on the engine or really anything except the balance team at this point.
  3. Sir_Newton

Light Infantry Role

And don't forget the Byzantine Akritai JuanNieve, they were quite famous in their time.

I strongly believe that it would be more interesting and appropriate for light infantry to have their own trees and specialties rather than just being stopgaps for upgrades to heavy troops. It just makes more sense. It wouldn't be very economical to take a troop that you've been training to move quickly and skirmish with light armor/weapons and just shove him into a tighter formation with heavier equipment. Formation fighting takes a lot of extra drill time and carrying so much more gear takes a different kind of physical conditioning. It's just more logical and immersive to have these different skill-sets developed over the course of separate trees rather than just happening overnight with an upgrade that happens at the click of a button.
  4. Sir_Newton

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Taleworlds: Please leave Turkey, a bad moon is rising
  5. Sir_Newton

Exactly. For pete's sake, how heckin' hard is it to release some flipping screenshots or a blog more often than every 3 months? It's just plain not good business.
  6. Sir_Newton

It would be pretty rad if the different clans would each get a unique elite troop as bodyguards or something.
  7. Sir_Newton

it's also silly to have celtic Battanians being a short march away from mongol-ish Khuzaits and high medieval Vlandians. I'd much rather have variety than accuracy in this instance.
  8. Sir_Newton

B Medieval Medieval Conquests

troycall said:
    This shouldn't happen, you should be able to recruit varengians, thing is after you capture it, the town will auto recruit varengians are guards, but you will have the ability to hire a company of varengians for a hefty price.

I am using native recruitment, could that be part of the issue?
  9. Sir_Newton

So I have conquered Constantinople as the Byzantine emperor, and I can hire the Varangians to the town garrison but only if I don't have control of it, and so I'm unable to get Varangians in my party. Is this intentional or a bug?
  10. Sir_Newton

SheogorathPrinceOfMadness said:
    If I start as prince, what will happend if the King dies? Or if he can at all. Will I take the throne then or what?

I would like to know this as well.

Some problems that don't seem to be fixed by the patch (although it may be because I'm using the same troops.txt from a few patches ago bc I edited it and dont want to bother editing it again):

At my manor, the Marshall has no dialogue options. When I go to speak with him he tells me we have zero armies and then I get no prompts, my character just says "carry on" and the conversation ends.

Quite a few ladies still give me "surrender or die" dialogue.

Also, a question: Did 1.16 solve the issue with sending companions as envoys and them never coming back?
  11. Sir_Newton

Ki-Ok Khan said:
    Well new modding system is pretty much like the one Skyrim has so we are good on that.

Hmm, I like the customizeablity of that but I hope there are some good built-in organization options for bundling mods. I've wasted so much of my time with Skyrim just fumbling around trying to resolve mod conflicts.
  12. Sir_Newton

Of course, I simply meant to say that success with bannerlord would be their most economic way to get out with the company intact
  13. Sir_Newton

It may be wise for them to consider relocating to the west in the future, if at all possible. If Bannerlord hits it big then they deserve a shiny ticket far away from ground zero
  14. Sir_Newton

I personally prefer that the troops coloring be determined mostly by the individual lord, the feudal system is emerging and national unity, especially militarily, is pretty scant.

This way, troops are also more easily distinguished during the civil wars that they promise us, and it still keeps foreign troops from looking too ridiculously out of place in an army made up mostly of a different faction's troops.
  15. Sir_Newton

How does succession work? I started a game with the "prince" start, will I eventually inherit the faction I'm in if/when the king dies? Also, since the game is telling me I have brothers, is there a way to tell what the line of succession is like, or is the player guaranteed to inherit?

edit: I started the game with the title of "prince" but now the title is just "count" ?
  16. Sir_Newton

Hey!
    Loving the mod tons, I especially love that you can start as a king.

I have, however, noticed a pretty glaring bug: Many, if not a majority, of women that I try to talk to give the "surrender or die" Dialogue rather than normal lady dialogue. it's seriously limiting my marriage options.

But great work otherwise, I love all the new additions! Keep the updates comin, it's already a fresh improvement on 1257.

Cheers!
  17. Sir_Newton

I agree, I think if there was some measure of directional blocking with center-grip shields (which can then eliminate the pesky but understandable arrow forcefield around shields) it would add a lot to combat.
  18. Sir_Newton

So... the whole world besides Africa and Oceania?
  19. Sir_Newton

Dest45 said:
    Its almost harvesting season for the console peasants. Us nobility must suffer though, where art thy Mount'n Bae 2 Bonerlord? Why hast thou forsaken thee?

It's hard being this patrician  :cool:
  20. Sir_Newton

If diseased carcass catapult rounds are in the game I'll be modding them out immediately, there isn't a single game I've ever played where I felt Damage over Time was anything more than a pain in the ass for both sides involved.
Back
Top Bottom