Search results for query: *

1. Skot the Sanguine

The Ancalimon Embargo.

I hope others will join me in this, but it is high time that we say enough is enough to the mystical, occultish, Turcophilic ramblings of ancalimon that have made a mockery of the historical discussion section.  Any mild entertainment value of it has long since been spent.  As the old saying...
  2. Skot the Sanguine

Improperly Banned by Smokey_420

Situation: Lord Stark and I were Outlaws and set to rob a group of 5 people near stone market.  Stark was a heavy knight and I was an archer.  Stark went to speak with the group and inform them to drop a certain amount of gold.  I took up position maybe 20 feet away (off to the side near a tree)...
  3. Skot the Sanguine

Maille Chausses (Chanmail Leggings) attachments?

I figured this was a good place to ask if anyone has a good idea how to attach maille chausses to themselves. It seems that knowledge on how medieval warriors attached their maille leggings to themselves is sketchy at best.  Does anyone have some good photographs or suggestions as to how they...
  4. Skot the Sanguine

Textures on Demand/Freezing

First, I just want to say I tried several of the suggestions on the trouble shooting section, none of which solved the problem (one helped temporarily). My game is freezing during large siege battles.  Namely, every time I turn my avatar towards the mass of enemies.  I have a solid hunch that...
  5. Skot the Sanguine

[Suggestion] Feigning / Feinting

However you wish to spell it, this is the act of constantly changing attack positions to confuse the enemy in which way the real attack is coming.  Used on occasion for a moment is fine, but it can often be abused in excessive amounts. The Issue:  Someone could charge you with a chambered right...
  6. Skot the Sanguine

[Suggestion] Pulling a Leg

Recently the Long Axe was given a polearm stance option and ability to thrust at an enemy.  Whereas this is useful against horseman (with questionable realism) it isn't particularly useful against infantry. What I am suggesting is that instead of thrusting with an axe, an axeman can use a...
  7. Skot the Sanguine

(Suggestion) Couched Lancing Ideas

Couched lancing is a catch 22 since historically it was potent but in game it is too easy to master (since in real life it was a dominant method of warfare).  It says much when an overwhelmingly infantry-based player like myself can buy a horse and lance and suddenly become at the top of the...
  8. Skot the Sanguine

(Suggestion)Trading Castles

Sometimes during war castles were taken that might strategically benefit an ally more than oneself, and it was not unheard of for territories to be traded in such situation.  For example, Swadia takes a castle from the Vaegir that was along the Nord coastline.  It would make sense for Swadia to...
  9. Skot the Sanguine

[Request] Maille Coif and Halberds

One piece of headgear that is notably missing from any faction's arsenal is the maille coif.  With regards to Swadia, they have three types of Norman spangelhelms but not this simple and common piece of defense.  It would be a great addition for Swadia, Rhodoks, and Nords especially (to a lesser...
  10. Skot the Sanguine

[Suggestion] Regarding Cutting and Armor

As most know armor has limited value in this game.  It is also pretty clear that the vast majority of players just use swinging attacks with the very rare over-head or stabbing attack (ignoring spears of course).  What if armor had a much increased resistance to swinging/cutting attacks but...
  11. Skot the Sanguine

Shields vs Arrows

In the name of debate and gauging public opinion....what would everyone think of having shields be unbreakable due to arrow shots?  This is not to say that they will not be damaged by arrows or bolts, but the final destructive hit has to come from some sort of melee weapon (or MAYBE a...
  12. Skot the Sanguine

Requiring "Couching" with a lance.

I see most horsemen on the servers riding towards a target and then "attacking" with the lance by reaching out with it as if they were stabbing with a spear.  It dawned on me that this makes no sense from a historic or logical standpoint.  The whole point of having a lance was locking it into...
  13. Skot the Sanguine

Randomly falling to the ground

After noticing nobody mentioning it, I have experienced a minor bug:  Occasionally my character collapses spontaneously to the ground and immediately stands up.  It looks as though he had a horse run into him, but there is none around at the time.  I also noticed it to someone else when I was...
  14. Skot the Sanguine

Stampeding Horses

Just as a suggestion, perhaps it might be good to have the horses not be able to gallop off if there is no rider.  As a fellow player I was cooperating with said, he took more damage from meandering horses than he did the enemy.  Horses causing damage with a rider or even immediately following...
Back
Top Bottom