Search results for query: *

1. Yldrania

[ExUV] Ex Unitae Vires [Recruiting]

Practise match today: Against Kingdom of Gallia - 08 wins, 12 lost.

Again, we lost but this time with a way better score. In addition they played with below 50 ping, while we (on NA server) had 100+.

Thank you for an extremely fair and awesome match, Kingdom of Gallia. We really enjoyed it and appreciate your honor.
  2. Yldrania

Thanks to Wolfpack for the awfully nice attitude towards us in a pretty hopeless practise match! We lost 00 - 16 but all had fun. Again, thank you for the good time and practise!
  3. Yldrania

Offering To Create Custom Banners For Mods

jacobhinds said:
    Although cozur might have come across a bit forward in that first post, he has a point.
    Artistic quality aside, there's a ton of copyright implications considering half of these are from the internet. If you're looking to have your work featured in the more serious mods, you'll be far better off doing it yourself - not necessarily from scratch, but not so heavily influenced by the internet that there's no "style" that links them together. At the moment these banners could be from anywhere. And if (pray it doesn't) the Cease And Desist hammer ever finds its way over here, your banners will be the first things to go.

Copyright aside, on most mods I played, serious or not, they usually use stuff from the internet for it. A good example is "Blood In The West". Some of their banners look pretty much exactly like the ones I made, so they aren't really doing anything different. Same with tons of other mods, so I don't really worry about it. None of us is selling these banners or anything, so...

Thanks for the music, Witch_King. I've kind of expected responses like this anyway though, and I am happy since a couple of people already messaged me about working with them :smile:
  4. Yldrania

Cozur said:
    Those banners look horrible. They're stretched, no thought has been given to the heraldic device centering so you can actually see the device on shields etc. They vary wildly in quality, many of them look like they've just been copy-pasted off some random image off google. Some are super saturated, some are not. There's no texture on many of them, just some image. Some of them are made of what look like plastic, others look like they where painted on by a computer artist, not a medieval artisan.

Take a look at how others have made banners, like in 1257 AD, or in my own project, and then try to replicate the results.

I've got my own style, many like them, and you don't have to. If you don't like it I respect that, but many others do like it. I won't recreate other peoples' work, though thank you for your feedback, some of them might be a bit stretched indeed!

It's quite funny how everything you post on Taleworlds gets negative responses from people. In the meanwhile I'm so used to it, that I don't even care anymore xD

But yeah, some people really like the banners as shown here in the comments: http://www.moddb.com/mods/persistent-middle-earth/images/banners1#imagebox
    Looks like I won't need to take you up on your most kind offer to duplicate your work. :smile:
  5. Yldrania

Hey guys, I have created a lot of banners recently, know how it works, get good results and enjoy the work. Due to that I'd like to offer creating banners for mods that need it. I don't want to create a ragestorm of people going "thats so easy, why would you have to offer such a thing???"...
  6. Yldrania

Wub Wub Wub Wub Bwaaah said:
    When they were archer spamming we won 4-0.

Yippieh!
  7. Yldrania

Wierdo said:
    heeey ylarania lng time no see

Yeah :grin: Been ages :wink:

Yea guys, you are actually right. I dislike archer spam/cavalry spam, but somehow there must be tactics to deal with it :wink:
  8. Yldrania

Maybe if you have the time together that your clan has. Mine is very new, and we haven't had much time to get to work together yet. In that situation it is much nicer if people play with the same respect we do :wink:
  9. Yldrania

Cradoc said:
    Mass archer? Afaik there isn't any class restrictions unless this was an agreed upon rule.

Well, the commander of the war from our side asked for that in the beginning, and as far as I know it was agreed on. However, it wasn't set as a rule rather an agreement, since it was only a practise match.

Though, generally, even if there are no specific rules set for the match, there is a certain code in Warband that kind of states for clans that are fighting to do it fairly, without insults during and after the match, and a limited amount of archers + cav, depending on the amount of players in each team. That is the situation I started this game in, and to be honest I respect these rules. What I think is that it is sad that not every clan agrees on these rules as a gerenal setting for each and every war they play, unless they wish to play an archer/cav/otherwise specific clanwar or practise match. With these rules the matches would be very fair, and by far less frustrating than the situation players have to enter in nowadays fights. Just my opinion.
  10. Yldrania

We are happy to announce that we played our first practise match against aC (none of us could figure out their entire name ^^).

We lost with 04 rounds won, and 12 rounds lost, though we are sad to notify you of the incompetence of our enemy to follow certain normal rules, such as a limited amount of archers (they were all archers in some rounds).

Some of the rounds were lost fairly, some of them due to rules not being followed. Our enemy was very skilled, and we did make our mistakes, that we admit, but we are disappointed in our career starting with such unfairness during certain rounds.

Well, practise matches are there for training and we are all very happy about today's lesson. Big thanks to aC for having a match with us in either case!
  11. Yldrania

DoctorPainkiller said:
    Good luck, are you guys NA or EU?

Thank you :smile: We are EU mainly, though we also have two NA members who can mostly keep up with the schedule. Our server is hosted in NA I think, so... it's not very much of an issue.
  12. Yldrania

Cradoc said:
    Any info on what the server will be for? Is it open for public use and if so, what mode will it run?

It will most likely run on DM/TDM with disabled ranged, as we are all tired of the archer and ranged spam on these game types. It will be open for public always apart from on the training times twice a week for ~ 1 hour.

Cradoc said:
    Anyways good luck for the server and new website :smile:

Thank you :wink:

13. Yldrania

News!!!

1.) We have a new website now! Feel free to check it out.

http://warband.exunitaevires.com/

2.) From tonight, 0:00 GMT, we are going to have our own server. Big thanks to GK Servers, who are going to host us a server for a great price. The server will be called ExUV_Clanserver.

3.) Thanks to all the new people who found their way to us :smile: We are hoping for great cooperation and a lot of fun times.
  14. Yldrania

B Tutorial 3D Modelling & Texturing & Implementing

Antonis said:
    I have a problem. When I try to export a static mesh, nothing happens. I mean I select the mesh--> Right click--> Export static mesh-->choose location-->Nothing. The .obj file isn't there. Pleas help!

I've often had the same problem, but if the .OBJ file is in that folder, just check the name and type the first few letters of it in. Then it will show you the entire file in a dropdown menu, and you can click on it and open it.
  15. Yldrania

B Tutorial 2D Creating And Adding Banners

This tutorial will show, how to create and add new banners to the game. That could be interesting for people who don't have that much experience with the game, but would still love to create their custom stuff for an own mod or just to modify and personalize their native experience a bit. We...
  16. Yldrania

MP Medieval [WB] The Duel Mod [WIP]

And again, we have news:

A new soundtrack has been added. Thanks to great OSP resources, we have also increased the amount of options on tavern keepers and manhunters. Credit for that ingame!

TavernKeeper-ManhunterScipt.jpg
  17. Yldrania

relaXcz said:

that comment fits perfectly to the way I imagined you to talk after looking at your avatar ^^
  18. Yldrania

B Tutorial Presentation Easily create your own in-game fonts — step by step, /w pictures

Swyter said:
    Yldrania said:
    Love the tutorial, and can follow perfectly. Great job. I'm having huge problems with the file types though. I can't open the file in Photoshop CS6, Artweaver doesn't open the file type, and Paint.Net can't save it as DXT5. I also can't find any valid converter which would convert it to such. How are you guys doing that? ^^

Here are some links for you. They were pretty easy to find, both of the options are perfectly valid.

- If you want to go for the completely free option:

Download GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
      Install the DDS plugin: https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/downloads/list

- If you already have Photoshop in your computer, then just install the nVidia DDS plugin,
    that's how you open and save texture files with this software:

nVidia DirectX Draw Surface plugin:
    Code:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

---

By the way, the outline editing part is mostly optional, you can skip it and the font will look good enough for most casual needs.
    It's just there for completeness. The only difference is that the side log text and its campaign settlement signs will have a stronger shadow effect.

Amazing, thank you! It seems to work now! :smile:
  19. Yldrania

MP Medieval [WB] The Duel Mod [WIP]

Hello everyone!

As you can see on the revamped mod page, we have finally come to a decision about the singleplayer idea. The Duel Mod is going to be released in Single- And Multiplayer. It will most likely be as follows: The fist alpha will be only with the singleplayer campaign. The second alpha will be with both, singleplayer campaign and singleplayer extra campaign (the duel specific one). The then following beta will be with all three, SP campaign, SP extra campaign, and multiplayer server.

That now means that we will be continuing to work on the multiplayer function as we did before, but in addition we will start modiying the Singleplayer Campaign in order to get things going.

We are looking for an AI Coder, as well as someone who knows and understands the module system in order to create the rest of our Admin Tools. Gulos, the coder of the famous mod "Warband RolePlay" has been kind enough to send us the old Swadian tournament Admin Tools, so we now only need someone who can actually modify it correctly.

Thanks to everyone who is following the progress of this,

Yldrania
Back
Top Bottom