Search results for query: *

1. demize2010

Mount & Blade Motion Control (Kinect) - Proof of Concept Video and Discussion

Hey guys, not to make a habbit of this but this mod looks like it isn't going to happen.

I tried to get in touch with Taleworld's for support but I think they figured I was a crack job as I haven't heard anything back.

If you like zombies and motion control though you may want to check out one of our other projects - Zombie Holdout!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdf0ACfEms
  2. demize2010

Wow I just got a lic for warband for £3:50 from http://www.greenmangaming.com/

That's pretty sweet - offer runs out in 2 mins!
  3. demize2010

[M] The Deluge - general discussion

Kazzan said:
    Nope, also, it's not Taleworlds who are making the Expansion. It's some snowball studio.

That's good to know, it didn't sound like the Taleworlds I remember. Will not be buying that then  :mad:
  4. demize2010

[M] The Deluge - general discussion

Hang on, so they stole your idea and didn't credit you for it?  :shock: that is shocking if true and makes me seriously consider developing anything for this game again.
  5. demize2010

You know you want this, admit it.

I'm working on a mod with this in mind: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155663.0.html

I've done a range of these for Max Payne, COD, RTW, Black and White but figured mount and blade would be the perfect platform to go forward from.

The final mod will likelly do away with head tracking in favour of suitable enviroment and gameplay design.

It's also no way near as tiring as you may think :wink:

Let me know your thoughts and if your willing to help maybe :wink:
  6. demize2010

Module system documentation?

Thanks dude looks like a great list of functions!

I found a file in the unoffical repository that looks promising. http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1101

Just need a little something to get my head back into it :wink:

This looks bloody amazing http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2208 I always wanted something like this when I was working on UDL - Notepad++ is my platform too!
  7. demize2010

Module system documentation?

Erm this link www.taleworlds.com/mb_module_system.html from the readme file gets redirected to the download page... Anyone know if documentation is still available somewhere?
  8. demize2010

Haha, nice choice of words.

No I was thinking something more arcadey... which reduces the need for head tracking with some clever design. I'm worried that bad user calibration could lead some people to get hurt :sad:
  9. demize2010

Thanks for all your kind words, I think I'm going to grab a copy of Warband build a demo for a larger game idea I have...
  10. demize2010

Thanks for all your positive comments guys :smile: it's nice to see you all again.

Mammoth response post below.

Kazzan said:
    Also, good to see you again, Demize. It's been a while. I tought you had gone forever once you just left UDL, good to see you're back.

Hey man :smile: I'm afraid work and other commitments took away the time I had for UDL - also porting the whole darn thing to release seemed like a huge task. I might have a look back into it once I get a lic for Warband sorted out. If this motion idea continues in development then some simple arcade tunnel type scenes would be good fun - maybe even a 1v1 jousting/pit fight environment for multiplayer arm flailing.

I'd really like to see what's happened since Taleworlds got a publisher behind them and some cash - I honestly remember thinking that M&B was going to be in v0.X forever! Out of interest doesn't online play just result in crouched lance spamming?

Also is it against forum rules to post links to threads on different boards now?

seanparkerfilms said:
    One thing that I would love to see in this system -- if it's even possible -- would be for Kinect to recognize all 4 block directions, with the arm gesture required for each one being a slight tweak of the matching attack movement.

Do you mean the non-shield blocking? As far as I'm aware the directions are triggered by the direction of the attackers swing but maybe I'm wrong? If not then that would be pretty ninja though I haven't seen anything where someone has managed to utilize wrist movement... I guess you'd need conditions which factored the positioning of your forum at a right angle to your upper arm... but little worried about how easy it would be to trigger the wrong event if you (as a player) dont retain composure - it could actually detract from the experience.  Maybe one for the future once the other bugs are ironed out :smile:

velocity30 said:
    I'm currently developing an RF protocol at my job, it isn't stable yet but I'm doing the same thing without head tracking. It's a remote control that has Gyroscopic & acceleration sensors that relay vectors to a receiver. The receiver enumerates as a generic HID keyboard & mouse on the computer, and sends the commands to the game. With this protocol you can use tons of motion controllers (a remote in each hand, and many people), lol, kinect is a bit dated.

That sounds like some pretty interesting tech, even if I'm not sold on attaching a clip or wrist band to each limb. Is it planned for retail?

trueten said:
    I wonder how you would kick in Warband. Poor monitor.

You can kick in Warband? Seems I've been gone too long... It would be really simple to attach a kick function but it would mean that you probably have to stand up to play, as I can see the device getting confused between you and the chair leg if you move too quick or it loosing the bottom part of your skeleton and triggering all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

ryizzel said:
    Meh, it looks all nice but unless the slight lag in animations gets ironed out, I can't really see that being used practically in multiplayer.

It would be fine for singleplayer though. I'm kinda wondering how manual blocking will work out here.

Yeah there's an issue with speeding up weapons too much - it sends the collision calculation whappy sometimes if you hit them too close to the hilt (based on the items property length not its model length). A bit of tweaking on length, speed and damage should set the straight eventually though.

Keep the comments coming guys and let me know if you actually try this out! :smile:
  11. demize2010

Main mod thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=155663
  12. demize2010

Mount and Blade - Kinect?

mod thread here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=155663
  13. demize2010

I've not had much joy doing that, the mirror is in sync with what's going on though.

Glad you like it! :smile:
  14. demize2010

Haha :wink:

Yeah it's not really intended for warband, I don't even own a lic for that!
  15. demize2010

Proof of Concept Video (read the rest of this post before commenting): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWGhN99BJBE I'm not sure if many people remember me but I did a mod called the Undying Lands a while back for version 0.93 which never got ported to release. Anyhow I've been working on using...
  16. demize2010

seanparkerfilms said:
    Sword swings are 1:1? Do you mean within the existing 4-way attack system... or that you can freely move your arm about and the character matches you in game?

Nope it's not 1:1 in that sense, but the 4 way attack system has been mapped to as close and approximation as I can get it.
  17. demize2010

Hey guys,

So here is the proof of concept vid - note that the hat is temporary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWGhN99BJBE

What are your thoughts? Is this worth taking further?
  18. demize2010

Slowly but surely getting there... head tracking isn't working yet but I might just post up a video later to show progress.

It would involve a silly hat with a wiimote stuffed in it at the moment.

Sword swings are pretty much 1:1 though and raising your shield works well. I also have a nifty method of giving commands to your men XD
  19. demize2010

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys would like to see Mount and Blade become Kinect enabled / augmented? I've done a range of these from COD to Max Payne to Black and White and I have a feeling the M&B may be another perfect title to get going with. See my youtube channel for my current...
  20. demize2010

The Undying Lands - Undead Mod - To be ported? Vote now!

Moss said:
    Infact, it was so much fun that seeing as my semester break is coming up soon if there's any tedious but simple work that you need a hand with I'd be happy to lend you my meagre modding skills.

That would be ace :smile: I'll let you know what needs doing when I know myself :wink:
Back
Top Bottom