Search results for query: *

1. Calradianın bilgesi

The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

Monday I'm vacationing in northern France for 2 weeks. Rouen, Caen and St. Malo.
    I also hope to see the famous Mt. Saint-Michel. I understand it's a long walk to get there. Anyone been there?
    I loved Mt. Saint-Michel, I don't think there are any tips and tricks about how to do it right, I just wish I arrived earlier(I think I spent around 3 hours) and could spend more time staring at the scenery.
  2. Calradianın bilgesi

Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

Turkish water polo federation introducing women's and men's national water polo teams
  3. Calradianın bilgesi

Post Difficult Questions Here

What are the examples of people voting to ban things they are doing/supporting with their behaviour. For example when Californians voted to ban cages in egg production, most of them were eating cage eggs.
  4. Calradianın bilgesi

What's on your mind?

I want to get my mother to therapy. I suspect she might benefit it, and after trying to get her to start exercising a few times it feels like it'll be easier to get her visit a therapy session than to get her to exercise or eat well. Especially considering that I live in another city. I have no idea how to choose a psychologist, and I have no idea how I can open up the topic and convince her. Any ideas?
  5. Calradianın bilgesi

We have to bring the Dawah to the people. We have to bring the Dawah into every house. We have to bring the Dawah everywhere. We can't build a log cabin in the woods, write Dawah on it-" *quick tablebang break* "-and wait for someone to get lost to bump into it
  6. Calradianın bilgesi

There is this guy who sits on a window sill for several hours saying he will suicide. People around tease him, which is usual but at 0.40 they are pointing laser light at his face which cracked a laughter
  7. Calradianın bilgesi

What TV series are you watching?

The Succession is really nice, surprised to not see any mention of it. deeply flawed ambitious people trying to grab power drama in a business setting. It's very well-written
  8. Calradianın bilgesi

What's on your mind?

Thank you DanAngleland, you are a star. I really admire your warmth and kindness, and strive to be more like you.
  9. Calradianın bilgesi

What's on your mind?

Mom and dad seem to have won Greencards. They didn't literally win it yet, but they were selected in the lottery and the interview doesn't seem to be selective at all if the random internet people are to be trusted
    They returned from their exploratory trip to the States. They made up their mind now, my dad will go before the spring and become a lorry driver. My mum and sister will settle in a suburb of Chicago in the summer. My dad insists on getting me an entrepreneur visa by founding a company in the States and making us all work in a family business. I don't know what to do yet.
  10. Calradianın bilgesi

2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

He was in a public area where anyone is allowed to be. He was not the one assaulting anyone.
    The reckless behaviour must be those who attack and follow a boy on a public street, or attacked him while lying down knowing full well he had a gun. It's not only illegal, it's dumb.
    If you're saying he should have stayed away because there were violent people on the street you're implying criminals should be allowed to intimidate the public to stay in their homes.

The flashy weapon was apparently legal. The one man who attacked him also had a gun.
    i get that he is being chased and one of the other guys had a gun but he also shot quite a lot of people. I find it hard to believe that anything after the first shot was necessary for self-defence. Of course him being panicked would be extenuating I'm surprised that he didn't get any punishment at all.
  11. Calradianın bilgesi

General History Questions thread

There are lots of individual portraits of the European aristocrats. There are very few family portraits. Why is that?
  12. Calradianın bilgesi

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

My organization is considering undertaking a large project for helping refugees most of whom are Arab Muslims with presumably low education. I'm not saying they are going to kill us, but helping them is not something I would want to do (mostly because they are likely backward religious people), so I'll pass that and remain involved with non-refugee stuff. Is this how turning into right-wing conservative feels like?
    I appreciate your openness and self-awareness but honestly wtf
  13. Calradianın bilgesi

When A appoints B to a posiition, does that mean that A thinks B is an essentially better person than others? Or does A simply think B would do a better job in that particular position? While the priest is expected to maintain a certain level of personal behavior and lead by example, it is only a small part of job. A priest (at least your standard diocesan priest) has all kinds of duties that mostly require people skills - preaching, hearing confessions, proselytizing, conflict resolution. Often they also work as part time teachers or choir masters. They take care of the physical property of the parish. Sure, you can drone through it on autopilot (cue in "10 pasternosters and 20 hailmarys, my child" scene from every other movie), but you can say that about almost all jobs. Does it mean that all jobs are bull****?

In an ideal scenario, a bishop should take all this into account before consecrating someone. It's not a promotion or a badge for the highest piety score in the parish :razz: Your personal piety can be through the roof, but you may be wholly unsuitable for priestly duties due to massive autism. In that case, joining a contemplative order sounds like the vastly superior choice.

The reality is, that the Catholic church is globally and chronically understaffed, so you know, beggars =/= choosers and more and more priests are just weirdos. I don't mean the pedos or other major moral failings, just that they don't have the people skills etc.

As for the specific phrase "close(r) to God". I have never heard say by anyone in the know, not even when I was actually practicing and into it and my megaCatholic mother had priests and nuns over for lunch every Sunday. Maybe about the Saints (i.e. dead people), or Mary specifically. Or as a euphemism for people who are about to die. At best, it sounds like some Pentecostal cringe tbh :xf-tongue: At worst, straight up heresy. At any rate, the doctrine is crystal clear - all men are sinners, all men are men, no man is divine (other than Christ, obviously), only God saves and only God knows who will be saved (and unlike with some other things, choose not to reveal the info).

Priests are, "of course" given respect by the believers. I know everything is framed as muh oppression and social constructs these days, but imagine, if you will, that you actually believe in God and that he sent representatives to perform rituals that make you close to God (hehe) and to clarify confusions about what ought to be done and thought. Would you not treat them with respect. I'm old enough to remember when teachers (especially in grade schools) were given similar respect by the general community, especially parents of school-age children. ****, I'm old enough to remember the Covid-19 pandemic, when half the population was kneeling and kissing the ring of the disease experts like there was not tomorrow.
    thanks this is all very insightful. I am also travelling a lot and seeing all those churches nowadays and it's nice to learn about this stuff.

a few days ago I saw Mont St Michel, and I wondered who gets to serve in this type of cool buildings and how do they get selected. there must be some competition there
  14. Calradianın bilgesi

I am not asking whether priests are expected to be virtuous, everyone is expected to be virtuous. I am asking whether priests are chosen in terms of piety or "closeness to god" when they are promoted to archbishop and stuff.
  15. Calradianın bilgesi

If the clergy doesn't claim that they are better people, on what merits a priest gets promoted? Isn't being a virtuous person or piety or stuff like that relevant to the evaluation?
  16. Calradianın bilgesi

The Taleworlds Travel Advisory

I will be going to France and Spain for a full month with an interrail pass. I'm more interested in natural landscapes that can be enjoyed by train journeys, hiking, walking and cycling. Any recommendations?

I'm also interested in movies, documentaries and books that I could look into beforehand to get a better perspective and enhance my travelling experience.
  17. Calradianın bilgesi

What's on your mind?

nice discussion in pages 345 346.
Back
Top Bottom