Search results for query: *

1. KMitsuhide

The Mead Hall

lol. I got on earlier today, and there were about 7 or 8 of us on and off. But it was obvious to me that few, if any, of them were actually a part of this forum. They liked to stab their own teammates and run around in circles during fights. :grin:
  2. KMitsuhide

The Mead Hall

So, it seems that every time I get into a game, it's filled with jackasses. VERY fun.
  3. KMitsuhide

Get in the game you big turds!

What about now? :grin:

Edit: AND.... NO ONE IS ON.
  4. KMitsuhide

Suggestions

In all honesty, the horses that the Vikings had were shorter than the rest of the European horses. They had lower knee action when they ran, which meant that a sprinter could win a horse race against one. The only thing horses were really good for was extended travel.
  5. KMitsuhide

Get in the game you big turds!

I would love to get on whenever the servers are up, but I have no information.  :grin:

Edit: I'm actually in a server right now. Apparently only one is up, unfortunately.
  6. KMitsuhide

Cath Chluain Tarbh/Battle of Clontarf - Event idea

Why do we want to recreate historical battles at all? We already know how they ended.  :wink:

The reason that historical battles are fun to play is because, in a way, history can be altered if the other side wins. Plus, it's always fun to kind of get a feel for what the battle may have actually felt like to be a part of. Obviously, it's just a video game; we'll never actually be able to feel exactly the way they did. But still. I think it's worth giving it a shot.

On another note, a shield wall event might be in order for those players who have yet to try the mod.
  7. KMitsuhide

The Mead Hall

Just looked it up. I was wrong, there are two R's at the end of Ragnarr. In the records it is written with 2 S's. However, it was found in a book restored from the mid 15th century, so it is entirely possible for mistakes to have occurred.
  8. KMitsuhide

Shieldwall event organization

I can't host or lead yet, but I'll happily join the fray. (NA friendly timing, of course)
  9. KMitsuhide

The Mead Hall

Actually, the name itself is accurate completely, considering that I actually have that name in my genealogical records for ~AD 890. If I wanted to be completely, 100% accurate though, I'd use the special characters. Unfortunately, for some reason, Warband won't let me use them.....

Anyways, I'd love to get some information about the servers, event times, etc, if someone would like to post/PM them. :grin:
  10. KMitsuhide

The Mead Hall

Ragnar_Sigurdarsson

Yes, it is historically accurate. XD
  11. KMitsuhide

Shield design ideas

hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_shields.htm

*Drops that on the table*

As for the Norman shields - they did indeed have a few round shields. Not as wide as Viking shields, but still round. They also used flat-topped kite shields alongside the tear-drop shaped kite shields.

Ex:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Geoffrey_of_Anjou_Monument.jpg

(I would format everything, but "Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links until you have been on this forum longer." Popped up.)
  12. KMitsuhide

The Mead Hall

Hey all. Just bought Warband and dl'd Vikingr! Excited to play it. I'll definitely be on whenever I can.
Back
Top Bottom