Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I think the easiest solution would be to use Morghs and make Sarleon Nobles upgrade into either Sarleon Squires or Pendor Squires.
  2. Worst Prophesy of Pendor experience ever. An idiot's guide.

Isn't handicapping yourself the point of your playthrough?  And don't underestimate Sarleon, they are pretty solid all around.  A mixed infantry unit of MaA and halberdiers can both absorb and dish out pain; longbowmen are decent, and of course you have the best heavy cavalry (KO upgrades aside) in all of Pendor.  If you really want to make it tough on yourself, you could try D'Shar, the only thing they have going for them is the bladesmen line. 
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Alskasier said:
    I am sure this question has been asked over hundreds of times but since 3.7 is relatively new and I am considering starting a new game just to be able to start with this certain skill at 9.. well anyway here we go..
    I am considering starting a new character so I have two questions:

Just how important is the "Looting" skill in 3.7 and is it worth it for me to trash my level 30, 260 in game days passed, game just to start a new character that can start with a looting skill at 9?

And how important is the "Trade" skill and would it be worth it for me to start a new game with that at level 9 instead of "Looting?"

Thank you for all the help and absolutely love the game. Best mod I have ever played.

Trade is very useful early-mid game for building up your funds, although the trade routes seem to have changed in 3.7 from previous versions.  Looting is useful throughout the game, you can pick up some really nice equipment for free, especially from Heretic/Rogue Knight/Adventurer parties.  That being said, it really depends on your personal preference on whether you should invest points into these skills with your character.  For me, I find them much more suitable as party skills since I like to play more of a combat-oriented character.  With the changes to elixirs in 3.7, it is now easier to boost the attributes of your companions.  I like raising Sara's agility up to 30 (looting 10, weapon master 10; riding/horse archery to taste) so she can also train my CKO later on.  For trading, Leslie begins with 5 points, which I find to be sufficient for an entire run.
  4. Kalandar Khan, the man of ****

Shame you had to suffer for an unattained goal, but this was a great read!
  5. Sarleon Black Ops

Alavaria said:
    It would be interesting to see how this CKO turns out, though that would of course be in the thread for showing CKO:

epicboy12332 said:
    They employ crossbowmen trained by enslaved imperials (Who are tortured and have their minds stripped to slave level) to perform assassination duties. They're crossbowmen have the latest available crossbow technology available to them and use camouflage to survive in the snowy lands of Ravenstern.
    So using the newly available-to-CKO arbalests. And imperial-looking armor that is also white-colored (and not shiny).

epicboy12332 said:
    They also have people from the peasant caste trained to become Arctic Ciphers who are deep in the Ravenstern political forces and military, gaining information at an insane level.
    The Arctic Ciphers train them self in melee combat and throwing weapons just in case they get caught.
    These honestly sound like blademasters, but they would probably look like the Kierguard or Highlanders, except with throwing knives? Since the knights wouldn't be using shiny armor, let's go with the Highlander mail with kilt covering it.

White armor, lack of free will, high-tech projectile weaponry?  Since when did the Galactic Empire invade Pendor?
  6. POP 3.7 troop trees - first impressions and discussion thread

Yeah, you're right, I must have assumed Immortals were superior due to their higher level.  I'll edit my post.
  7. POP 3.7 troop trees - first impressions and discussion thread

Leonion said:
    Vitorio said:
    I think Hamid's specialty is scorpion assassins?

Not anymore. :grin:
    I updated all the specs here:
    http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_notable_lords

Good work on compiling the new notable lords.  I noticed a few new units in their parties, so I went into Morgh's to gauge their utility:

Iceguard Rangers - Slightly weaker than default Silvermists (identical attributes, 30 less archery WPF, equipped with the new Hawkstorm bow)
    Red Fletcher Longbowmen - Better WPF than Sarleon Armored Longbows, but worse attributes/power draw, can be rescued/recruited from prisoners
    Iron Circle Centurion - Weaker than Better than Empire Immortals (Agathon's previous special troop), very good equipment (Ironbred Charger, Morningstar, Immortal Shield, throwing spears)
    Queen Agnus Freebooters - Weaker Vanskerry Warriors (with oddly higher LVL and WPF)
    Pendor Black Archers - Renamed Pendor Grey Archers from previous versions
  8. POP 3.7 troop trees - first impressions and discussion thread

Leonion said:
    minimumdifficulty said:
    running into 5 Scorps

Five?!  :shock: There can be five of them?
    The biggest number I encountered was 3, I think...

In all honesty, I've been importing my characters since my second playthrough of PoP (started around somewhere around 3.5ish), so the higher ambush spawn rate is tied to my higher than usual character level.  With great power comes great responsibility consequence.
  9. POP 3.7 troop trees - first impressions and discussion thread

Vitorio said:
    First of all, why (almost) everyone prefer scorpio rather than blademaster?

They (scorpio) are cocky swordsman that left their shield at home and fancy themselve as an arrow dodger, which is proven to be very wrong.

I concur, despite Scorps having monster attributes and proficiencies, wearing light armor and going shield-less in the projectile-fest that is Pendor is suicidal.  Although, in this version, the Scorps are guaranteed a horse, which may give them some utility as a flanking shock force (which is how you should be using your Bladesmen/masters as well).  Still, despite my preference for Blademasters, running into 5 Scorps as a town bandit encounter is rarely a good time.
  10. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

longxa762 said:
    Are there anyway to make my CKO troops wear custom armour and weapon?

Are you asking how to equip your CKO?  To do so, talk to the steward in the castle they're based in and go to the war room; options to change the gear of your CKO knights or sergeants will appear. 
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Also, be wary of where the enemy cavalry aims their charge.  I don't know if I've got this impression because I haven't played PoP in a while, but in the most recent update, enemy cavalry will always aim for one of your flanks.  I'll usually have a group of infantry bunched up in front of my archers, with my own cavalry on one flank, and the opposing horse will always aim for the opposite flank of my archer line.  Incredibly annoying, but clever on the same magnitude. 
  12. Fanart

meikaina said:
    No, not finished.
    The more i work on it, the more work i realize i have to do/put in.
    Many changes (though not final by any means).
    May seem like a small update but it's takes a lot of time to do the details -_-, it's ridiculous.
    gpr7sLl.png

-m0rdred, i drew frederick but i scrapped it a while back!
    Definitely redrawing him though, but this piece is holding back a lot of ideas as i gotta finish it - it's been far too long.

Quite good, the girl at the top right reminds me of Ciri from the Witcher.
  13. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

A different lady in waiting bug: when either ransomed or released, the relations change only affects said lady instead of her faction, as the text states. 
  14. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

During the "rescue village elders daughter from lord" quest, once you've secured her release, the dialogue prompt to negotiate with the lord in question is still available upon subsequent meetings, until the quest is completed.  This appears to be repeatable indefinitely, and you can only ever have one "Elders Daughter" in your party at once. 
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Jean-Philippe said:
    I'am tired looking for the hidden mines of Al Aziz. I searched all the former usual places,
    above Poinsbruck, the Jattu stepes east of Valorshield, around Shapetse and Senderfall, the D'shar desert beyond the river, the Ishkoman peninsula is no longer reachable...
    Where can it be in this new version? Spoiler would be appreciated.

By the way concerning the runebow: 
    you keep it if it's equiped when Wolfbodde is defeated, or at least I did

Here's where it showed up for me after paying Brother Randalf.
    AiIRg0b.jpg
  16. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Daynad said:
    Barbarius said:
    Jean-Philippe said:
    Does the Rune bow you get from the god disappear after Wolbode is defeated if you keep it in the chest in Rane? If one of your companion equips it?
    "What God gives, God takes back..."  :wink:

It will disapear if you put it in chest or just have it in your inventory. If you equip it or upgrade with blue cabbage it will stay. I haven't tried the companion trick ... hmmm - this might work (but I'm not sure).

Thst's why I always keep in Rane chest my personal "Wolfbode Emergency Kit": the shinny one and a some wine  :fruity::

"In case of Wolfbode break glass and deliver items to Hermit, Mines of Al-Aziz"  :grin:

Nah... companions don't work. For me it was like "Travelling then suddenly Diev Wodenssen has lost Rune Bow"

Another alternative I found was to sell the bow and then buy it back from any merchant.  Granted, finding one with enough cash to buy it from you, and then having enough to buy it back from them, is not the most reliable or efficient method.
  17. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Raviollius said:
    Ansen is well on his way to become an awesome knight. Currently he can give Sir Rayne a run for his money.
    CA94B0C982277E80AD38EF02D0D3DB885836A13D

1E413D737463DA60B44907666861959DE67E6EFB

ACE86B193E2E61219C1F20B44D0B7E871EBCD388

In this case, who do you plan on using as a healer, Leslie?  I've had several playthroughs of PoP, and Ansen's been my medic in each run.  I want to give the guy a chance at his dream of knighthood.
  18. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Vitorio said:
    Hello Pendorian,

Lets say, If I go rogue king's path and succesfuly take city of Sarleon, I will have the access to upgrade KoTL that exist there as many as denars and prestige suffice.

The question is :

If I upgrade My KotL to the point where they be as strong as demonic magnuses, is that demigod stats also apply to KotL that Sarleon's Lord field? (Which in my game they field bunch of them).

If it yes then I already create the monsters, my own nemesis in the game. Especialy when peace with enraged Sarleon is out of question

Thanks

Yep, Knighthood orders receive upgrades on a universal basis.  Any upgrade you buy also applies to all knights of that order in lord parties/unique spawns.
  19. Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Pull up console, type in cheatmenu, then go to your camp.  There will be two new options, the standard cheat menu, and a PoP specific debug menu.
  20. sexy pendorians

Wasn't aware that there are D'Shar Habsburgs too. 
Back
Top Bottom