Search results for query: *

1. Richard1

Castle gates: cool but lengthy

Kinsume said:
    You can command groups of your men to hold position while your 2 handers break down the gates, then tell them to charge once you're through.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
  2. Richard1

Castle gates: cool but lengthy

I'm new to 1257AD. I like the castles, you did a neat job with the castle gate AI bashing. My only suggestion is to shorten the amount of hit-points that the castle gate has. It takes too much time to break it down for it to be fun for me. It's like if I have a siege of 2000 versus 200 and I...
  3. Richard1

Female characters are kinda screw

Epicrules said:
    Richard1 said:
    Don't like her!? What's wrong with her? She's beautiful! She's rich! She's got huge... tracks of land!

+1 for reference, but it's tracts

Thanks. I knew there was something amiss. +1
  4. Richard1

Female characters are kinda screw

Don't like her!? What's wrong with her? She's beautiful! She's rich! She's got huge... tracts of land!
  5. Richard1

Native Expansion and Diplomacy - what features do you want?

Code:
    OPTIONAL AI CHANGES (as of Diplomacy 4.1)

This can be changed between OFF, LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH/EXPERIMENTAL through the camp menu, and defaults to LOW.  Each setting includes all of the changes of the previous levels.

Enabled on LOW or above:

When a lord is looking for a new faction to join, he is more likely to rejoin his original faction unless that is the faction he is leaving.
        When the AI picks a fief to defend from attacks, give greater priority to defending fiefs with lords than fiefs without lords.
        If a king cannot decide who to support to receive a fief, instead of automatically defaulting to himself he will decide to who to pick (which might still be himself) according to the alternate algorithm mentioned in the MEDIUM section below.
        (VARIABLE) Tweak the way that potential targets for attack are evaluated, to make retaking recently-lost fiefs more attractive.  The magnitude of the change varies based on how high the AI Changes setting is.

Enabled on MEDIUM or above:

Tweak the relationship loss calculation with other lords when one lord is granted a fief, to make it slightly less unreasonable (e.g. when returning a recaptured fief to its original owner).
        For martially-minded lords, when choosing who to support to receive a fief, they will support the conquerer more often.
        Kings use an alternate algorithm for deciding which lord would be best suited for a fief.  They are more likely to award a reconquered fief to the lord who held it last; they are more likely to grant fiefs to lords that are somewhat-closeby; they take into consideration ancestral claims; and they are less likely to award every single fief to themselves because they can't think of any other candidates.  Other aesthetic factors also apply.
        If a lord other than a king cannot decide who to support according to the Native criteria, instead of automatically picking himself he will choose who to support (which might still be himself) according to the alternate algorithm used by kings.
        (VARIABLE) Tweak the way that potential targets for attack are evaluated, to make retaking recently-lost fiefs more attractive.  The magnitude of the change varies based on how high the AI Changes setting is.

Enabled on HIGH:

When a lord or the player is courting a lady, the standard for the renown bonus is adjusted based on the renown of her daddy/guardian.

These are all excellent add-ons. Perhaps they all should be enabled by default as the Campaign AI is improved.
  6. Richard1

Native Expansion and Diplomacy - what features do you want?

soulmata said:
    A lot of people have asked to Diplomacy to be integrated into NE. I've stated a few times that the code base of NE is such that doing this would be very difficult and time-consuming. I'm thinking a different approach might work, though.

If I can get a list of the most important / most desired features from Diplomacy people want, I can more easily integrate or emulate those using NE code. I probably wouldn't be able to directly recycle code from Diplomacy, but I could probably emulate any feature by tailoring it to NE fairly easily. I'd of course still be giving the Diplomacy devs credit, since I'd still be looking at their code to see how a particular feature was done.

So, anyway, here we are. Give me a list of the features you think are most important from Diplomacy that you would like to see in NE. If I can get some consensus on that, I can probably get some of those features integrated with less difficulty than a full merge.

That's a great idea!

I must apologize as I'm not completely sure of all the overlapping features between NE and Diplo.

I looked over this topic: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html and have basically narrowed down the items that I believe enhance gameplay.

As vassal

Persuasion attempts to convince your king to start a war
        Appoint a chamberlain, who will decrease tax inefficiency by 10% and gives you the ability to set tax rates.  Taxes also have an effect on center relation and prosperity. In addition he will take care of paying wages and collecting income as well as giving you the possibility to secure your money
        Send patrols to important locations
        Let your spouse buy some food (I know, it has nothing to do with diplomacy but it's fun  :mrgreen:)
        Return fiefs to your king, he won't like this, though
        Move your residence (via spouse)
        Negotiate Mid-siege surrender/walk-out terms if defending your own keeps and towns
        Pay to avoid defeat

As king

Threaten other kingdoms with war and try to squeeze money out of them
        If a faction sues for peace you will have the option to set terms
        Form an alliance, conclude a defensive pact, sign a trade agreement or conclude a non-aggression treaty with another faction.
        Change the domnestic policy of your kingdom. Choose between Centralization/Decentralization, Aristocracy/Plutocracy, Serfdom/Free subjects, Quality/Quantity which affects trade income, vassals armies size, AI army strength, relation between king and vassals as well as tax inefficiency
        When asking for a truce you will get the option to pay and/or give fiefs to conclude a truce.
        If another faction recognizes you as king you will have the option to ask for help against your enemy and in certain circumstances support the decision by paying money
        Choose your faction culture so all your lords will recruit the same type of troops
        Exchange or release your (own) prisoners
        Distribute spoils of war after you conquered a town or castle
        Send emissaries to persuade lords to join your kingdom

Misc/Technical

Amount of recruits available in villages will depend on honour, renown, being owner, being king, domnestic policies

"Pay to avoid defeat"

This is the only one that makes me frown. It's a little cheat if you have a wad of cash on you.
  7. Richard1

Brutality Mode

soulmata said:
    That does make sense. Note that even with brutality mode off, there are already stricter recruiting options - such as not being able to recruit Nobles unless you are a faction member, and Nobles requiring renown to recruit.

Having faction-strict recruiting without brutality mode is an option, though I feel it sort of railroads the player into joining a faction whether they want to or not.

Well it would be an option of course so if someone chooses to turn it on you can assume they want to be forced to play the game that way.
  8. Richard1

Brutality Mode

soulmata said:
    Richard1 said:
    Cool! Awesome! Can you make an option for faction only recruits- only?!  :mrgreen:

I don't understand the question... elaborate please.

Split off the faction recruiting function from the main brutality mod and make it as a separate option. Some of the brutality quirks don't make me happy to play with them but that faction only recruiting option sounds like it could be a really good roleplaying tweak that I'd be happy to play with. Could you make that into a separate option when the screen comes up during character creation to enable the brutality mod just include another option to make the faction recruiting only thing turn on.

Does that make sense I'm not sure if I can clarify that any more. Faction only recruiting = yes. Everything else = do not want.

Understand?
  9. Richard1

Brutality Mode

Cool! Awesome! Can you make an option for faction only recruits- only?!  :mrgreen:
  10. Richard1

Is the diplomacy mod integrated with Native Expansion?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked innumerable times but which features of the diplomacy mod have been integrated with Native expansion, if any? Thanks!  :D Merry Christmas!
  11. Richard1

Minor patch - Backspace tactics menu

monlamar said:
    Richard1 said:
    Duh said:
    Heya folks,

just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue. Things are working well in my game, but if you run into trouble please report. Should be savegame compatible, but backups wont hurt.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8uz4zmtst7tnvm/xNho9JIMsR

Sorry for the long delay on this matter.

I just installed 2.54 yesterday. Everything seemed to be working. What exactly does this patch fix?
    The menu that appeared when going into tactical mode in batlle(backspace i think) and which would stay until you pressed esc and then return as said in first post.
    Duh said:
    just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue.

" battle tactic menu issue."

Without any knowledge of what that means I have to say that is some very vague patch notes.
  12. Richard1

Minor patch - Backspace tactics menu

Duh said:
    Heya folks,

just a very minor patch to address the battle tactic menu issue. Things are working well in my game, but if you run into trouble please report. Should be savegame compatible, but backups wont hurt.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8uz4zmtst7tnvm/xNho9JIMsR

Sorry for the long delay on this matter.

I just installed 2.54 yesterday. Everything seemed to be working. What exactly does this patch fix?
  13. Richard1

War, an endless cycle

They will accept peace if they get beaten enough.
  14. Richard1

Why king Harlaus?

How much of a boost do AI lords get with their AI king after a feast? Is it different than what you get? (Which is two in vanilla M&B). Two seems like hardly anything for an AI King though.

So do upstanding and good-natured Lords not lose relation with their liege when they get defeated? Do all Lords lose relation points when they have no fief from the King? How much do good-natured Lords relations go up if the player has high honor?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm curious but can't find a place that has all this info.
  15. Richard1

Giving money to rescue own vassals

How can I as the King give money to rescue my own vassals? I have the option to exchange prisoners, the Kherigts have one of mine, and I have one of theirs, but I cannot choose which Lord I want them to release, it just says "No one" and exits.
  16. Richard1

Tactic for overthrowing an Empire

Right now the Vaegirs own half the land, as a vassal I have Suno, Praven, Tihr, and Vindjourd castle, each are well defended. My plan is during wartime to take an enemy castle and ask for it by request, as I already have a lot of Towns I figure that King Yagolek will deny my claim and that will...
  17. Richard1

Review of the Nord Troop Tree // General Troop Discussion

Maybe they should get thirty throwing axes to compensate.  :razz:

I thought about this, irredisregardless of historical accuracy that Nords were said to specialize in thrown weapons in Caldera every faction has a dedicated archer unit; wouldn't the Nords have one of their own for competition purposes? Or even as a developer compensation.

If you look at the original unit tree you can see that the Nord Veteran archer really isn't that bad, but in Floris I think it's poor in comparison.
  18. Richard1

Support

Duh said:
    Aye the warband engine does not like sounds very much. We could look into providing an optional lighter package, if folks are interested.

I could use this. Thanks Duh.
Back
Top Bottom