Search results for query: *

1. chenzjun

Hit Points for Weapon

I'm not too keen about whether the weapons should be healed automatically or not, but having weapons that would never break really makes me sick. :cry:
  2. chenzjun

Future of Native (pseudo-realism or dark fantasy? adventure or strategy game?)

Archonsod said:
    You got figures to support that? :lol: From sales figures, there's no difference between the sales of those games which can't be modded and those which can. Most publishers don't consider it as one of the important selling points (it tends to appear in the tickbox lists if they run out of anything else :wink: )
    You got figures to support that? :wink:
  3. chenzjun

News from MB CN: v0.900 will be released in next week!

Vilhjalmr said:
    Yes it is. :roll: EDIT:sad:Well, medieval anywhere, it doesn't make a real difference, except maybe for China.)

By your argument we could have dragons and steam powered airships, if we wanted to go that far. :razz:

why not? :shock:
  4. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Vilhjalmr said:
    You're not factoring in the fact that all the badass players who like a challenge play as Nords, while all the pussies play as Swadians, Vaegirs, and Khergits.
    You forgot to mention the fraction whats-its-name!! :cool:
  5. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Naridill said:
    Vilhjalmr said:
    You're not factoring in the fact that all the badass players who like a challenge play as Nords, while all the pussies play as Swadians, Vaegirs, and Khergits.

Though, M&B 2 will without a doubt result in an archer fest without comparison :sad:
    QFT BBQ..
  6. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Naridill said:
    It's stupid to base any unit's superiority on how you lead them, you know. When I bring my Champions in a shield-wall, I slaughter Vaegir Knights like animals for the blot, but if I ride with a company of knights close on my heels and using flanking techniques, I can slaughter the Champions likewise. The AI isn't up to players' standards, so you can't judge them by that, sorry.
    yep, but, let's say, we are now talking about M&B 2, where multiplayer is possible.  If I lead my Vaegirs to outflank you, in this case you cannot really do much about it, even it is you, not the stupid AI. Nevertheless, I can easily choose not to fight in hilly terrain in order to make your tactic fail.

The difference is, my tactic does not depend on the enemies to do anything stupid, but in order to make your tactic successful, your enemies have to do something nonsensible..(i.e., charging on hilly terrain) :wink:
  7. chenzjun

magnemoe said:
    Warning three: A Chinese .900 version, why a localized version of a beta in a language the developers don’t know. If a group in the Chinese M&B community wanted to do it, whey would get a go and support but then this should be known in the community. Sound very strange to do a location before the quest and story is done anyway, but I might misunderstand here   

I notice this on the cn site:
    M&B CN said:
    5\现在M&B CDKEY的售价全世界只有2种,一种是官方的22美圆,一种便是中文站的59人民币.中文站也是现在官方在国外(相对于土耳其)唯一的正式代理网站,我想大家也都可以看出官方对中国的重视,同时也可以看出,在差价如此大的情况下,官方是作出了特别大的牺牲的,真心希望广大骑友能珍惜作为中国骑友才能享受到的福利
    Which is basically saying that there will be two different kinds of Serial Key: the normal one of 22 USD, and a special one of 59 RMB just for chinese player. I believe that is what means by special version for chinese.. :wink:
  8. chenzjun

Archonsod said:
    Also, '08  - '09 mightn't be referring to this millenium :wink:

I am sure that is referring to this millennium, but things I am not sure is whether it is referring to this century.. :wink:
  9. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Naridill said:
    Oh, please, Vaegir knights are nothing against Nord Champions on foot or on horse. We're talking about a difference amounting to dozens of weapon skill points in all skills. Vaegir Knights would go down like Swedes in the Ragnarok.
    Well, it seems to me that when Nords vs Vaegir, Nords can only take a defensive tactic, i.e., hiding on the top of a hill, crying and begging for their god's help. If the terrain are totally hilly, well, yes, Vaegirs are slightly disadvantaged, but remember, the Vaegir knights have much better mobility and hence, it is up to them to decide where the battlefield is. Charging a group of Nords on a hill while on horse? Who will order such a charge except the silly AI? The fast moving Vaegir can ensure that they will meet their enemies in their favourite terrain, which, in this case, is plain. Yes, even in this case charging Nords directly is painful, but by outflanking those slow-moved on foot fighters, charging forth and back from the sideways by using 'follow me' command, the outcome is clear even when Vaegirs are slightly outnumbered.. :wink:
  10. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Naridill said:
    A Nord charge against even two dozen Vaegir Marksmen/Archers is pure devastation.
    Then I would say charge against those troops using Vaegir Knight is a purer devastation.. :cool:

Naridill said:
    Not to mention anti-cavalry, keep them on top of a hill, and knights and lancers break on Nords like only the English before them.
    Dismount Vaegir Knight and use the same tactic you mentioned, better outcome.. :wink:
  11. chenzjun

Some screenshots from Chinese M&B site

oh, please, no personal offense.. :wink:
  12. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Tankai said:
    Because you dont think like a spartan.
    well, he still fights, not retreats.. :wink:
  13. chenzjun

Very bad/stupid military defeats.

PsykoOps said:
    chenzjun said:
    Yes and no, that battle isn't that simple like its modern recreations. Musketeers, due to their number and the rifles' quality in 16th century Japan, somehow didn't play a crucial role to the battle in history, although it is not the right time to charge anyway. :wink:

I've read the 'real' versions, it wasn't so much the musketeers, but the fact that they were very well dug in. Even if it would've been just bowmen the horses didn't have a change against wooden palisades after charging up a soft beach incline.

yep, that's exactly what I mean by 'not the right time to charge'. I just wanna mention that they lost the battle not because of charging musketeers, indeed, it's all about the terrain. :wink:
  14. chenzjun

Very bad/stupid military defeats.

PsykoOps said:
    I'd give my vote to Battle of Nagashino. I wouldn't send my cavalry against dug in musketeers. Though Takeda did advance to the first line of defense it was still insane tactic.
    Yes and no, that battle isn't that simple like its modern recreations. Musketeers, due to their number and the rifles' quality in 16th century Japan, somehow didn't play a crucial role to the battle in history, although it is not the right time to charge anyway. :wink:

I would vote for Battle of Changping in 260 BC, after which the Qin's unification of China became inevitable (and it was the first time China became an unique nation, indeed, the word 'China' comes from 'Qin'), even though I think Bai Qi definitely deserve the victory.
  15. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Tankai said:
    chenzjun said:
    Successful tactics can never be sissy, nor can failed tactics be brave.

They can if people believe it.
    well, it depends on what do you mean by sissy..  :wink:
  16. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Successful tactics can never be sissy, nor can failed tactics be brave.

Sun Tzu said:
    All warfare is based on deception.

p.s. Sword Sister Rocks..
  17. chenzjun

Capturing heroes

kaeldhaul said:
    Is there any trick to capturing heroes in 0.894? Everytime I knock one unconscious in battle, they always end up "escaping"

Update to the next version.. :wink:
  18. chenzjun

The Almighty Mount&Blade Names.

The name I enjoyed most is definitely King Hairlessaus of Swineadia..  :twisted:
  19. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

Llew2 said:
    Hired Blades are the ultimate backbone of my (or any) force, at the beginning of every battle I order them to dismount and keep them on foot.

I usually have from 12-20 Vaegir Marksmen, as well as a sprinkling of crossbowmen to keep up the fire after the bowmen run out of arrows. This is handy when facing many waves of enemies, because the first wave will be completely obliterated by the Marksmen, who will then resort to their hand weapons and wait for the next wave. The crossbowmen will still have about have their bolts left, with which they will weaken the second wave, after which enemies will finally reach my men and by cut to pieces by the Hired Blades.

Cavalry are treated the same, at least 3 will be unhorsed by the archers, and one or two will be killed outright before they hit my men. I have to say this for them, Hired Blades don't budge and inch. Not even under a concentrated Khergit Lancer charge or a full force of Swadian cavalry.

I remember one battle in particular, where my 20 guys had been caught out in the open on a flat field, and 15 Swadian Men-at-Arms hit them at full speed. Not a single one broke the line, they all were stopped short just like that.

Yep, I also have 40 of Hired Blades in castles, but I don't like the two-hand swords they carried. Bardiche is always my favourite and I love uniformed army, whereas some of Hired Blades do not have horses. That's probably why I prefer Vaegir Knight (they also great as infantry).

The only time I use Hired Blades instead of Vaegir Knight is siege, they are simply killing machines..
  20. chenzjun

Nord Strategy tips

swordowar said:
    I bet an entirely unmounted party of Vaegir archers mixed with some axemen and shield-holding infantry would be even more effective than the Nords... anyone care to experiement?  I know that when I've attacked castles in the past, a line of archers at the bottom of the ramp will kill anyone who sticks their head over the ramparts... they even seemed able to shoot through walls?!  Plus the Vaegirs have those crazy axemen, though I never seem to encounter them in NPC parties.

I currently lead a party of 30 Vaegir Marksmen and 40 Vaegir Knights, they just do everything Nords can do and do them better.. :wink:

well, I have problem with their wages though.. plus the men I have in 4 castles, I pay approx. 7k per week in total.. :sad:
Back
Top Bottom