Search results for query: *

1. Bug Reports.

Somebody said:
    Check the download link from M&B nexus, it should have the bug fix as a sub-file

So it is!  I'd already downloaded it, but assumed it would fix everything or something, o poor naif that I am.  Eh well.  I'll give it a more thorough look-see later on.  I remember playing this mod back in the day and really loving it, so I'll work to get it working.  Thanks for staying around, Somebody.
  2. Bug Reports.

SchwhatNow said:
    The text bug fix download links on page 67 are broken. I'd really appreciate if they could either be fixed or if someone could just upload theirs somewhere that I could have so I can actually see my chat log  :roll: lol.

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has these files still?  I'd really appreciate it.
  3. PLEASE upload script bug fix for WB version

D'Sparil said:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?atehdbwri040bol

http://www.mediafire.com/?4f8cwbao5f9qvvt

Yo, sorry for the massive necropost but does anyone have a copy of these files?  I feel like I can't really enjoy the mod properly with all the dang debug or whatever messages.
  4. Standard Bearers ..how to recruit?

Without banners my army cannot be terrible as an army with banners.
  5. Problem With Ellis Troop Tree

What about Cavalry of the Radiant Cross?  Any way to get them?  I know, I know, if'n I wanted heavy cav I probably shouldn't have joined the guys who ate the Rhodoks, but dangit I likes me some heavy cav and those Mylesians are wusses.
  6. Brew up a fictional civilization!

Perhaps it'd make more sense if the horse dudes were iron-users.  But even so iron/steel weapons would be relatively rare, with wooden-hafted axes or picks (with metal heads) far more common than swords, and the average arrow still possessing a stone or bone head, and only the most elite of military forces or the richest merchants able to afford steel to spend on arrowheads.  Armor would be largely leather, with sparse bits of chain or perhaps lamellar covering the vitals in the front, but not much else.

Or hell, maybe they aren't raiders, aren't really great warriors, just have good horses and enough steppe to run away from any pursuers for a very long time.
  7. (TK) Hegemony: Timeless Kingdoms weapons requests

Would it be possible for some of the Ironide Papacy's elite troops to carry flamberge-styled swords?  Needlessly ornamental wavy blades are always neat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamberge
  8. Brew up a fictional civilization!

Yeah, it's silly as hell, but think for a moment in video-game terms.  Imagine some iteration of M&B in which you can tool around on a disgruntled living tank.  Hell, maybe these steppe people haven't actually been able to domesticate the rhino, but have been able to develop opium and through that route keep the beasts sufficiently doped up that they don't kill anyone till combat is imminent.

Also, RE bees.  Awesome security system.

"But hark, what light through yonder window breaks?  It is the east, and Juliet is the--OH GOD, BEES!"
  9. Brew up a fictional civilization!

That's pretty neat, but the idea here is to create entirely new societies on an earth-like planet.

I like the concept, though.  A sedentary civilization with a semi-incan style would be rather neat.  Maybe they could be great builders to make up their lack of cavalry.  Kinda like the Romans; their armies would habitually construct forts whenever they weren't marching.  And their permanent cities and structures would be of insanely large size.  Walls fifty feet thick and another fifty feet high etc etc.

Can you come up with a name for them, triato?
  10. Brew up a fictional civilization!

That would make a lot of sense.  Maybe they'd be incredibly fractious, with lots of infighting, until an invading army comes, in which case they all pull together in hopes of scoring some iron off the corpses of the invaders.
  11. Brew up a fictional civilization!

Yeah, maybe early iron age throughout most of the world instead of late medieval.

Also, I should clarify what I meant by "un-horses" in the OP.  Rhinos, baby.  Domesticated rhinoceroses.  No one can state with any certainty what the military implications of a rhinocerus in the context of a large-scale battle, but I imagine that enough of them may even the score, even against a steel-bearing opponent.

Or maybe that's too silly.  Perhaps the best reason for why they're largely unmolested is that their homeland is seen by the rest of the world as worthless for purposes of habitation.  They're left at alone simply because no one wants to bother conquering an inhospitable land filled with dangerous, if ill-equipped, natives.
  12. Brew up a fictional civilization!

Maybe these Dongyis could inhabit large swathes of the mountain ranges that ring the Great Steppe.  What's their relationship with [Name Pending]/ the other realms?  I figure a fierce rivalry/enmity might be appropriate, perhaps with the Dongyis being one of the few groups willing to trade with the [Name Pending].  Ealabor pointed out that if [Name Pending]'s horses were so valued, there would have to be at least a some who were willing to trade iron for horseflesh.
  13. Brew up a fictional civilization!

Awesome.  Now that I've written that spiel, I'd love to hear what you'd come up with.  If you wanna do a shared world thing, wherein my dudes are friends/enemies/distant neighbors of your dudes, go right ahead.
  14. Brew up a fictional civilization!

This is a bit of a blatant ploy to grab some neat ideas for a little mod I'm making, but I think the topic may interest fellow history geeks so I figured it should go here.  If a mod/admin disagrees, well please move it where you figure it should go, or at least don't ban me[emoticon indicating...
  15. (TK) Hegemony: Timeless Kingdoms

How hard would it be to model a faction's disunity in the M&B engine?  A few of those civs you listed in the OP seem like they'd be quite prone to internecine warfare and low-intensity raiding against one another, the clansmen and greco-roman cities in particular.
  16. Old thread (locked)

In 1866 there might still be a few LeMat Revolvers floating around.  Might be difficult what with there being no real "alternate attack" button, though.
  17. Something's wrong with my woolen caps! (oh noes)

Awright.  I recently updated from version .63 or so to the most recent M&B iteration, and now something weird is going on with woolen hats and certain other clothing items.  Sections of them appear black for some reason.  I've tried to read all the applicable threads but none seem to really...
  18. SP Musket Era Wild West Mod

Awww... dude.  A LeMat would be, like, totally awesome.
  19. Multiplayer tournaments

Eventually, someone who made the multiplayer morrowind mod will stumble onto this, and BAM! New Multiplayer M&B. Or something.
  20. Let's try a CIVIL discussion of this subject

On the other hand, some weapon properties could mimic magic effects. For example, a heavier weapon would likely have an increased knockdown chance at the expense of slower speed, while a light weapon would move quicker while doing less damage. or something.

ASSHAT:razz: Teehee! :razz:
Back
Top Bottom