Search results for query: *

1. Gaining exp. with a commander build

Simple, do quests.

The main method of obtaining experience as a charismatic or intelectual character is to solve other's problems through the powers of persuasion, an army, or the glitter of gold. (Depending on your build of course.)

Sieges will be more difficult at the start but easy later on as your army size increases.
    *edit
    Town and village quests can become quite tedious at times(the hunt for X bandits can take a while) but is a start. Always do the Peace quest when it's presented and you can afford it as it has quite a good reward considering you only need to find and convince 2 lords.
    Village quests are fast and while the short term reward is small the long term reward of better quantity and better quality recruits will pay off in time.

Unfortunately there's no quick formula for a commander build, the start will always be a bit slow but the mid and late game will be most rewarding.
    Depending on your character's morality you may find mercenary work for a faction to be quite profitable.
    It's also a stepping stone into vassalage and eventual fief ownership which along with production enterprises  will help pay for bigger armies which will lead to more fiefs through conquest.

Work hard to build up your relationship with the other vassals and the King, if the King likes you he will be more inclined to reward you with more fiefs. If the other vassals like you they will be more willing to follow your advice and vote for you concerning marshalship and the rewarding of fiefs.

Remeber, as a commander you're a thinker, not a fighter.
    Who needs to fight when you can hire 40 knights to do it for you?
  2. I felt this needed to be shared

Check to see if it still grants it's half upkeep.
  3. The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here

Well don't I feel silly for passing up that opportunity. :oops: Still it didn't feel right taking his great grand daddy's gloves while he slept off that bolt to the face.
  4. The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here

Here's a little bug for you. I started a new game and just earned the Khan's Fists. Only I was fighting With the Khan not against him. Unless he's in the habit of giving away fists to a level 7 merc defending his walls then I'd say he's pretty darn generous.
  5. The Training Dummy - Discoveries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

The Army of Hades got a serious upgrade  :shock: They're a knock out.
  6. The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here

Here's a minor bug. Rasputin left my party yet he's still there to deliver commentary at The Four Ways Inn
  7. Rasputin Left

I do not, I haven't finished his quest just yet. I was only wondering if I need him to come back before I proceed with the warcrying. I sort of made war with a few factions so that route means a good deal of fighting

8. Rasputin Left

I'm currently doing his quest but he just up and left. Any chance that he'll return? Also Can I continue the quest without him?
  9. The Training Dummy - Discoveries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Level 13 is required as I understand it, other than that you only need to die.
  10. The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

I have several simple suggestions to make if I may.
    1. Would it be possible to add a few corpses to the loot when you pillage villages? Looting and burning villages feels pretty 'petty' if all the villagers get away every time.

2. Hero units for the human factions (or just overpowered the nobles)? Something to help them go toe to toe with the undead. Could be fun to design new faction specific heroes and their gear.

3. Less great swords dropped by Horrors, They're responsible for most of my deaths(Curse you couched lance!) but I don't want them to be responsible for my income as well. Just too many swords!

4. The ability to be able to ask for sacrifices from villages under your control?

5. Increased drop rate for some set artifact items (Like The Crash Kit or the Vessel). I've found plenty of vessels but The Crash kit it so far the only one I've managed to locate.

6. Would it be possible to hotkey the Necronomicon? Clicking gets tiring. (Then again hotkeys could get tiring as well)

I've a dozen others but as far as I can tell you're already working on most of them. I can't wait to see what suprises are in the next update. That's half the fun of this mod, there's always something unexpected.

11. Battlefield Strategy Guide

Well I'm quite partial to an infantry line (Recently battled, got killed by, then recruited a few vampires, These things are not so much killers as butchers) Archers if any would be deployed in front of the infantry with horse(loose terminology) deployed behind. If the Enemies suicide their horse straight on I'd pull back the archers into the infantry, kill of the horse then redeploy the archers. Once the enemy infantry gets half way my horse is sent around to their flank, archers get pulled back when the infantry is just about on top of them.

Infantry and Horse clears the field.
  12. Spreading Disease

Oh Apologies. I didn't mean it as a suggestion, just as an enquiry.
    Although I won't deny the subtle suggestive nature of the enquiry.  :wink:
  13. Spreading Disease

Will we ever be able to spread disease to castles or villages? To villages it would mean plenty of fresh soldiers, in castles it would mean easier sieges. I imagine a Necromancer or plague doctor would really be in their element.
  14. Concerning Marinians

It seems you are just unlucky, while crossbow are slow shooters, they tend to be quite deadly. I'm a Marina man myself, I love their army layout. Your faith Troops should be better shooters, and I don't understand what you mean that your sharpshooters can't seem to hit anything, my own seem to work perfectly
  15. Camp Button is Crashing My Game Again

I've had this happen to me several times in the past. It seems that there is or was an event that is supposed to cause you to fight a group of bandits at your camp, but it is bugged, causing the game crash
  16. Think I'm ready?

Khergit are a hell to fight on open ground I find the best tactic with them is to avoid them, or match them 1 for 1
    with cavalry. though if you are forced to fight on ground (Merrinian tactics) let your archers hold fire(make use of those board shields) and wait for them to charge your line.
  17. prisoners recruited

It's a smart Idea and I'm enjoying it, saves some trouble with recruiting bandits, just spread them out and upgrade them as time goes by, then throw them Reavers and thugs at those Casualty counters that are castles. Also cheap town gaurds, though it does mean keeping an active regiment for other prisoners.
  18. Rate ranged/foot troops in castles and towns

A good ratio is very important, and depends on your homeland, personally I prefer a 2:1 ratio of Melee to ranged though this is just for regular troops and regiments, special units like slave masters or nobles are added more like a class of their own.
  19. Bandit "fix"

Personally I find them to be a great source of income and soldiers. It's pretty easy to farm the bandits after you get about 20+ slave masters. My last game I first began by trading town to town, and when i had enough slavers I started clearing the coast line of bandits and sea raiders, long story short in a week i was able to recruit over 200 thug and reaver units and get enough cash to support them for months.
    So I agree, there are just too many of them, or too many groups of them at least, maby you can cap the amount of 'regiments' of bandits there can be at one time?
  20. The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Oh another idea!
    maby you can combine the leadership and prisoner skills?
    That leaves you with an open skill slot to play with, maby more economic/alternative corpse harvesting? (e.g being able to 'bleed' prisoners for extra blood but only once a month/week) it means you can have a more constant blood supply and a reason to keep them alive at a castle where you can go whenever you need blood.

Also

A nerco fortress/catacomb/ancien cemetary hidden on the map? overflowing with hostile undead but conqourable, a nice dark fortress with extra chest space and harvestable bone gardens to 'grow' your usual corpse harvesting ingredients like skin, blood and bones. Maby some merchants will see the profit that can come from selling oil and such there?
Back
Top Bottom