Search results for query: *

1. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Conchobhar said:
    How i defense myself if they form a army like this?

0810D758E8D08030F8794C69758026D1E14D055B
    Turn around and walk backwards while swinging at them. Otherwise no real strategy unless you can absorb their blows.

Lord_Ashenwyte said:
    How do I stop being a mercenary? Should I attack a lord of my faction?
    No, do not attack a lord of the faction. Mercenary contracts last for 30 in game days upon which time you will have the option to either extend the contract or leave the faction as a mercenary. The only other way I know to end the mercenary contract would be to become a lord with that faction or another faction.

Skorpion said:
    I lost a book after losing a fight. How do I get it back?

The only surefire way I know to get back something you lost in a fight is to track down the party which defeated you and defeat them. Once you do that any objects you have lost to them previously should be shown on the loot menu.
  2. Surgery?

Fun fact, although testing hasn't been done yet for skills, at the start of a battle if your surgeon is placed in their own troop group you can actually order them to retreat. Whether or not that negates their skill by marking them as a casualty has yet to be tested.
  3. Spawning New Companions

I can't answer your question but can say that there are quite a few files involved.

Once you get them able to spawn in taverns you also need to edit a file so that they have proper dialogue allowing you to hire them into your party.
  4. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

There is no way to take loans in native Warband. However there are scripts to add the feature into the game and many mods do feature it.

One such example is here which provides the base script and just requires editing to add it to the game files if you are able to do so.
  5. New mods ?

Not sure of new mods but mods like Prophesy of Pendor or Silverstag are there and still active with updates.

Also you might want to check out Viking Conquest on Steam. It should still be on sale for ~$5 or less and is a brand new DLC created by Taleworlds and the Brytenwalda team.
  6. Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

I'm interested in joining a highland regiment if there is one to be found.

Not really much in skills, only 40 hrs in Warband by Steam in actuality looking at 100+

No experience with Napoleonic Wars clans

Have Teamspeak and ability to get any other programs required.

Mature, rather not post age but will give it in PM if requested.
  7. Assault Castle, Rhodock Sharpshooter or Vaegir Marksman?

NeverUseCavalry said:
    Yeah, the only troops in the game I really think twice about fighting are crossbowmen.  Like in the beginning when you're grinding bandits with a really small party and you see deserters... you're like hmmm interesting... until you hover over them and realize it's 30 veteran crossbowmen.
    Really? I mean I can see major issues for someone who NeverUseCav but for any person mounted on a horse crossbowmen aren't that bad, although in that number yes. Not really much of an issue just have to run around until either A) they run out of ammo or B) One gets seperated and goes for the reload.
  8. Assault Castle, Rhodock Sharpshooter or Vaegir Marksman?

Generally it doesn't really matter although the sharpshooters are slightly better. Better base damage than the marksmen and so long as I'm not making stuff up the siege crossbow actually has the ability to shoot through some lower tier shields. Either way they are only as effective as you let them be, meaning that if you hang around outside either one will do more damage then if you charge straight into the fray without letting them get off some shots.
  9. About Trainer Skill (Training day)

JuniorBordin said:
    bonez899 said:
    So long as most companions have trainer skill it absolutely is. That is why the skill is so valuable as it can raise you armies very quickly.

I can't explain as to why it does that, only that it does do that from what I can gather is spreading the xp around between troops.

I.E. trainer gives X amount of XP per troop. This amount instead of going to only the troop it is designated for goes towards all the troops in that troop stack.
    So you have a stack of two troops. Troop 1 needs 400xp to upgrade and Troop 2 needs 200xp. Each day each troop earns 300xp. Since the system I described above is in place both troops earn 300xp, but Troop 2 only needs 200xp from that. The other 100xp is given to Troop 1 allowing him to upgrade as well. Similarly if each day troops gained 200xp and in this case Troop 1 is ready to upgrade, but Troop 2 needs 300xp to upgrade. In this case the xp from Troop 1 bypasses him and gets added to Troop 2's xp allowing them to earn 400xp and be able to upgrade as well.

That is the only way I can think of it and have it make sense as to the way it works.

Soooo....this is why is more faster/better at all upgrade a entire army at same time than upgrade 1 by 1? ._.
    If my reasoning follows, yes.

Due to this factor multiplied many times with a stack of troops they upgrade insanely fast, almost like an exponential function.

However as soon as you break up the troops, you break up the experience. Using the exponential function example again this explains why it is slower to upgrade 1 by 1. As the troops are higher tiers they require more experience to upgrade, since troops seem to get either unequal amounts of xp or upgrade with varying amounts of xp as 1 troop becomes available to upgrade all of a sudden that amount of xp that it was getting is free to go to other troops causing a snowball effect which makes the leveling faster with a whole stack of troops as opposed to upgrading them as soon as a single one is available. Even if the troop gains experience after upgrading it means nothing if it is top tier, whilst if it stayed the tier lower other troops can benefit from that xp.

Again as a disclaimer I'm not sure at all if this is how the skill works or how the experience is allocated but it makes sense based upon experience in game.
  10. About Trainer Skill (Training day)

So long as most companions have trainer skill it absolutely is. That is why the skill is so valuable as it can raise you armies very quickly.

I can't explain as to why it does that, only that it does do that from what I can gather is spreading the xp around between troops.

I.E. trainer gives X amount of XP per troop. This amount instead of going to only the troop it is designated for goes towards all the troops in that troop stack.
    So you have a stack of two troops. Troop 1 needs 400xp to upgrade and Troop 2 needs 200xp. Each day each troop earns 300xp. Since the system I described above is in place both troops earn 300xp, but Troop 2 only needs 200xp from that. The other 100xp is given to Troop 1 allowing him to upgrade as well. Similarly if each day troops gained 200xp and in this case Troop 1 is ready to upgrade, but Troop 2 needs 300xp to upgrade. In this case the xp from Troop 1 bypasses him and gets added to Troop 2's xp allowing them to earn 400xp and be able to upgrade as well.

That is the only way I can think of it and have it make sense as to the way it works.
  11. About Trainer Skill (Training day)

I have noticed this as well. What I figure is that trainer provides 4xp per day or whatever xp it provides. If you level up the troops the xp is then divided between different groups of troops. If you keep them at the same tier instead of giving xp to the higher level troops the xp is given to the lower level troops in that tier therefore leveling them up quicker.

Ask if this doesn't make sense and I will try to make it easier to understand.
  12. Least Favorite lords?

Swadia: Grainwad
    Vagiers: Can't honestly think of a one, although I'm sure there is.
    Nords: Probably the guy that owns Wercheg, I forget his name but he isn't very nice to me
    Kherights: They all fall quick enough to my Huscarls
    Rhodoks: is fine. I honestly don't know any of their names.
    Sarrinids: All of them. Sand people whom I dislike.
  13. Starting Again After Long Break

NeverUseCavalry said:
    bonez899 said:
    Hey guys, I've taken a long break from actually playing Warband but now that I'm on Christmas break I'm interested in sinking a few hours in.

My question is what play style I should go for to help me getting back into the game. In the past I've played as a Horse Archer, just general knight, foot soldier, etc... Just looking for your guys input on the best play style to go with for getting myself back in.

Not sure if it would be appropriate since you're just getting back into it, but I really enjoy playing as a foot soldier with an all foot soldier faction like Nords or Rhodoks.
    Appropriate or not that's what I'm currently doing. Only issue I've had so far is that some Swadian Sergeants I picked up early in the game seem to have less trouble staying alive than my Huscarls do.
  14. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Corbul said:
    maybe it's the wrong section but anyway
    What are "persistent" mods?
    Persuming that you are referring to Persistent World as it is the only mod off the top of my head that has a Persistent title.

Anyways, the mod is only playable in multiplayer and is a roleplaying mod in which you must earn money to be able to buy better gear, join factions, etc... Yet in regular multiplayer these things reset each time you leave a world/exit the game. The Persistent means that even if you leave the game you will rejoin with the exact same gear, money, etc... that you had last time you were in the game.

TL;DR: Multiplayer stats, money, equipment stays 'persistent'
  15. Mod Help

It is hard to say what the issue is based upon this. What version of Mount and Blade are you using? Is it a physical edition or a Steam version? If it is a Steam version have you tried installing a mod from the workshop (I know choice is low and may not be what you want) just to ensure that your method of installing the mods didn't have any issues since the workshop installs the mods for you?
  16. Viking Conquest Giveaway

I've already posted over in the Warlord's Den but figured I would post here as well. Again, mods feel free to delete this if it violates any rules that I was unable to notice. I have purchased a gift copy of Viking Conquest on Steam and am giving it away. To enter into the giveaway just head on...
  17. Viking Conquest Giveaway

Presuming that this is within the rules of the forum, mods feel free to delete the topic if it isn't: I have purchased a gift copy of Viking Conquest on Steam and am giving it away. To enter into the giveaway just head on over to the Mount and Blade subreddit here and enter as the post says...
  18. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

If you don't mind me asking why do you want peace at the start? As the player you can go for a long time without being involved and build up your party by just not swearing allegiance to a faction. If you're worried about cities changing hands they do relatively infrequently and I've never really seen drastic enough changed without some player involvement.
  19. My Best Game (Now with smaller images, so hopefully it will load.)

Impressive.  Very nice to see your progress and how things went for your throughout your journey.
  20. Differences in Prices

Thanks for the quick and insightful reply. I just had never run into that before so it made me wonder. Thanks again.
Back
Top Bottom