Search results for query: *

1. ANYONE SEEN Lucy?!

I have only anecdotal evidence for this and no firm backup from file definitions:

If you keep an extra horse in your inventory and you switch up every time one of your horses gets wounded/killed after a battle, it won't lose it's Heavy/Spirited status.  I have had two spirited horses for over 400 game days and at least a hundred battles.  Maybe it's because I have an uber surgeon in my companions, but I have never had a horse lose a special status even when it's killed in one battle.  I found that if my horse is killed in one battle, and it gets killed again in the next battle, that's when it goes lame and loses its special status.

Another work around, provided you have an NPC you always dismount for battle, is to give him the special horse and when you tell them to dismount, get off your horse and take theirs.  At least in my game, I have never seen an NPC's horse lose heavy/spirited/champion status regardless of how many times they get killed or who is actually using them inbattle.
  2. Companion Compatability

I checked that box to disable complaints on day 1 and I am now around day 420; I haven't had a single companion complaint and no one has left.  Sure you checked the right box psymon? 
  3. Right ot rule

If you have enemy lords as your prisoners when peace is declared also increases your rtr (they get released, unsure if releasing via your constable also increases rtr).  Works both when you are just a noble of a faction and when you are independent.  Hunting down smaller enemy parties when the stacks are disbanded for feasts etc is a good way to collect prisoners, be warned that if you are offered a ransom and you turn it down you will lose honour.  Unsure if the value of your prisoners (kings/marshall vs lesser nobles) changes how much rtr you gain. 
  4. Am I doing something wrong?

kevindrosario said:
    Coat of Plates helps a lot when you have the money/strength for it. Go for the rusty version if you can find it. You can get it relatively cheap and it's still much better than anything else.

Totally!  The difference between the coat of plates and armours even in the 60s range is incredible.  I can go out on the field against 60 pirata, tell my army to stay put off the start and go out on my own and knock every one of those bandits unconscious with my long hafted mace and end with little or no damage to myself (ransom money  :wink:).  Javellins remain the biggest worry and to a lesser extent lucky hits by strong crossbows, gisarmes remain a weapon to be feared and avoided at all costs (lesser extent 2handed axes), but almost nothing else can hurt you.  While training my companions I was surrounded once by 30 lantriculii with falcions and swords and I just stood there, no shield, not trying to defend myself, and didn't receive any damage; then I ordered my men to charge.  What a slaughter!

Bishop's Armour (not mail) has the same stats as Coat of Plates and comes with a gold cross around the neck as bling  :lol:
  5. armor

I hear you on the historical aspect; however, given the number of armours available in shops with arms on the surcoat that have nothing to do with the player (especially the vast amount of German, Polish, and French shop armour), surely you aren't going to get rid of all these as well and the work that went into making them?  If you can buy a bunch of armour with the German or Polish eagle on the surcoat, why not have surcoats with the player's emblem.  Sure, not common historically but is it really historybreaking enough to take away from the game.  After all a big part of the game is the "that looks so F****** amazing" factor.  "you would not necessarily add complete flag of you're banner, as it was not common to do so in XIII century."  Even if not common, did it never happen? 

You can't say going into battle with these guys doesn't look F****** amazing  :lol:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005252073/screenshot/541777522594024431?tab=public

But you're the man DrTomas, and no use arguing against the man  :mrgreen:
  6. Bows and Crossbows

I can't confirm the powerdraw and other things with exact figures, just a feel that everything is working in the mod for that like in vanilla. 

More powerful bows have a minimum Power Draw requirement to use. Power Draw also adds 12% to each hit with the bow, until four levels beyond the bow’s minimum Power Draw requirement; for example, if the bow’s Power Draw requirement is 2, then a skill level of 2 will add 24%, while a skill level of 6 will add 72%, while any level beyond 6 will still add 72%. Finally, higher Power Draw makes powerful bows easier to use by improving your accuracy and the time you can keep your aim steady while the bow is drawn.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Skills#List_of_Skills

As you can see from my most recent SS of my skills;
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005252073/screenshot/541777522593435699

I am a bow whore and my favourite bow is the Masterwork Hun Bow (powerdraw 8 iirc) as a good spread of accuracy, drawtime, and distance.  Although it would be nice to know the exact useful range etc for each bow as it is not stated ingame and I have not been able to find out on forum or checking files.  The longbow seems to have the best distance and the self bow (even the masterwork although pretty good, not as high) and the mongol/hun bows seem to be in between.  I once got a kill at 300metres against unarmoured bandits with the masterwork longbow but haven't specifically tried to determine distance and killing range maximums.  (Using the tournament pit as reference, one side to the other) With a masterwork hun bow I can kill with 2 chest hits my companions wearing coats of plates (82 protection) when I was using the masterwork self bow I think it took me 4 hits, and the masterwork longbow I did it once with 1 hit.  Although I usually fight onfoot and I would prefer to use the longbow for historical reasons, it's the ability of using the hun bow on horseback that tipped me towards it and also its faster drawspeed.
  7. armor

DrTomas might be referring specifically to the use of coat of arms on the tunics as ahistorical; a lot of the drawings of the period show mainly plain colour tunics.  However, maybe some kind of compromise to retain the wow factor of the armour would be nice.  If there are plenty of armours available with elaborate style in the game, English coat, various German and Polish; I wouldn't see why the human character, provided he could pay, could not get surcoats with his arms emblazoned even with the limited textile technology of the time.  Using simple quilt overlay design, one could make any design he wished on a garment.  If I am Emperor of Byzantium, Bulgaria, and Italy and I darn well say put my coat of arms on the armour you darn well do it lowly weaver man!  :lol:

My dream armour would be the heradic mail with surcoat, maybe changed to heraldic coat of plates but make them about as rare as hand and half swords and starting price ~250,000.  That way we would have a really nice goodie you'd rarely come across, that looks absolutely fantastic, is quite good statswise, but costs dearly.  Surely someone historically would have made such an armour if the purchaser paid the equivalent of 4 months of Constantinople's revenue.  But I would darn well spend that money to get my hands on it, that's for sure.  :grin:
  8. armor

for more on coat of plates http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_plates

there is another a bishops armour (not bishop's mail) with exact same numbers as the coat of plates but kinda unfortunate that only these two types of armour are the best and none come with a coat of arms.  Nothing looks sexier than 20 companions all wearing an armour with the same coat of arms on the front!  Unforunate that the heraldic mail with surcoat is almost 20 pts inferior to the coat of plates otherwise that's the one I would equip my companions and immortals with.  (companions=heroes I use as cavalry, immortals=heroes as inf)  Btw, came across a lordly example of the bishop's armour I mentioned (iirc 87-35 stats) but at almost 300,000 I didn't have the money at the time to pick up that bad boy!  :twisted:
  9. The new Subversion.

if you really want to force a truce you can always farm guild missions till you get the "2 lords to agree to peace mission".  Only takes me a few days to get it when I play.  Don't know if it's hardcoded in the mod but I have never seen a naturally occuring truce between crusaders/mamlukes and byzantines/latin empire.  Be your bad self and force political change!  :mrgreen:

ps:
    question regarding minister.  It's been a while since I formed my own kingdom (like 10 revisions ago) but there wasn't the option of choosing local notable as my minister, I was forced to depart with one of my treasured companions.  I assume if my character were married I could pick her.  In vanilla at least I always liked waiting to marry until after I formed my own kingdom and married the daughter of whatever lord defected to me first.  "hey duke von noallegience, in special consideration of your being the first lord to defect to my cause I will take your daughter to bed.  Hopefully this gets more lords to join my cause!  :lol:"  I was wondering if anyone has formed a kingdom recently and if it remains just wife/companions for minister?  And hate to mention this again, but quite possibly the 1 thing I really want to see added to mod is kings having marriable daughters.  Nothing adds legitimacy to an upstart empire like having the blood of the old regime in the mix  :oops:
  10. The new Subversion.

MarcusAngelos said:
    Bit of a shame really as it's basically making the game 'follow warhost and do nothing', with no expansion of nations, as I can't assault cities on my lonesome  :sad:

It's pretty easy with the right army configuration to do it yourself.  In an earlier subversion where cities had garrisons of 2000+, I could still take them out fairly easily with 120 men.  I go in with 12 companions, 7 knights, 60 archers, and 40 of the most heavily armoured inf I can find (spears/swords no difference to me, their survivability is what counts as they are just a firewall for my archers).  When you launch the attack likely the defenders will sally forth thinking they outnumber you hardcore.  I tell my companions, knights, and whatever inf made it into the battle to charge and I set up as far back as I can with my archers.  When my melee troops have been knocked out I retreat.  Rinse repeat and you will kill off the garrison fairly quickly provided you have high enough surgery skill in your party to make lots of your losses wounded instead of killed.  Also try starving defenders out.  Cities have enough food to last 25 days, but most castles iirc can only last 6 days.  Just sit there waiting till tomorrow every day until the days are up, wait a couple more to let starvation run its course and then attack against the handful of guys left.  I overdid my first starvation siege by going 5 days and when I attacked the entire garrison consisted of 4 mangy crossbowmen and their syphilitic sisters (not represented in game  :roll: :roll:). 
  11. Holy Land Trade Routes

Ornlu said:
    In the holy land you can buy salt and sell it in constantinople or the byzantine towns. If you ride then to bulgaria and buy some Fur and then sell it in towns of the il-khanate or the towns of the holy land, you make a lot of money.

++

As Ornlu said.  Nothing compares to the fur/iron trade in the North but the salt/fur as suggested isn't too bad.  Usually Acre seems to have the cheapest salt around although, depending on which villages have been raided, pretty much any area of the middle east can have salt <100, but sometimes it is nowhere <150 and sometimes can't sell better than ~250.  Nothing like fur for 50 and selling for 400  :lol:  In Bulgaria usually the eastern city (Tarnovo?) is much cheaper than (Philiposolis?) for buying furs.  If you can afford the extra travel time (nothing worse than going off on a trading expedition and getting caught with your fief's pants down when you are halfway across the map :razz:)  Hungary usually has some cheap iron (Zagreb and area <100 90% of the time, Poszolny 50% of time, and Szeged and other eastern one (Varad?) almost never <100).  You can fetch ~350 in Serbia, ~300 in Bulgaria/Byzantines, sometimes ~400 in middle east.  Of course iron is uberheavy and I guarantee it will be when you are carrying a full load of it that you'll have to get somewhere fast  :lol:

12. The new Subversion.

Master Kenobi said:
    youssif said:
    Does any one know where I could get a nice 2 handed sword here, I cant seem to find one anywhere? Preferably near Granada.

There are no real two-handed swords in 1257 but some swords which can be used with one or two hands. These ones can be found in towns of western European factions (catholic ones), e.g. France, England, HRE, Poland...

just to add, although it doesn't have the highest stats of all the 1h/2h swords, the "hand and half sword" is probably the sexiest sword in its weight class.  I used to use the masterwork sword with 49s, but I'll stick with my slightly less powerful hand and half just for the look :smile:
  13. Hand and a half

I just came across a Balanced Hand and a Half Sword and decided to splurge a bit as I have never used that sword type before.  I wouldn't say it's any better than other one/two handed swords but it sure is SUPERSEXY!  :mrgreen:  That is one fine looking weapon
  14. Starting A Kingdom Problems

that is a real pain my friend, wish I could help you.  Maybe post a thread on the main M&B board and someone might be able to help you there.  I always make a save every ingame week just in case of anything weird happening, and every couple of months I copy and paste those save files into a backup folder.  I have had my fair share of glitches going back twenty years in gaming and I have learned my lesson to always backup even when things seem to be going fine.  I remember in the original Doom getting to the final level on hardest mode (the one where the baddies continually respawn and there is almost no ammo/health around  :lol:) and my save file got corrupted!  :twisted:
  15. Starting A Kingdom Problems

darn mcdarn.  I can't think of any other in-game mechanism to increase relations with a faction.  I googled cheats and I couldn't find one to increase relations with a faction, and as for modding files I would assume that it would be your save file that would need to be changed, but I just tried opening a .sav with notepad and its 90% gobelygook.  Have you tried a test of what happens when you besiege one of your own cities?  Btw, sorry for mentioning helping caravans/villagers, I reread your original posts and you already mentioned that it doesn't work  :???:
  16. Varangian Guards

sounds great, will give it a try and hope it still works.  Setting up the Emperor as my puppet, excellent muwahahahaha  :mrgreen:
  17. bug

If it's the "follow the marshall" quest and not the "report to marshall" quest, then it's of little consequence if you don't follow it.  It will either go away on its own after a few days when the marshall decides to cancel it, or it will fail after a few days but it will read "you are not following the marshall, but there are no penalties".  Worst possible case, and I haven't seen this before, is that you would lose a maximum of 1 relations with the marshall; however, that is easy enough to get back with another simple mission.
  18. Starting A Kingdom Problems

there is probably a faster/easier cheat/edit way to solve your problem, sorry I don't know any, but I'm just going to throw an idea at you.  Try to find one of your kingdom's farmer parties or custodes under attack from bandits.  Rush to their aid.  This might just raise relations with your faction enough to make it neutral again and end the weirdness.
  19. Varangian Guards

related question.  Do NPC lords hire mercenaries, and if yes, do they only hire them from their own fief if they own a city, from any city in their own faction, or any city on the map?  Do they have to physically enter a city to hire mercenaries? 

Reason I am asking is that I haven't yet tried to modify the game as ntb suggested, but was thinking that if Varangian guards are available to the player if Constantinople is owned by the Byzantines even when he isn't a member of the faction.  Then I will join the Byzantines, help them take Constantinople but won't ask for it as a fief.  Then when I declare my independence, conquer all the Empire except Constantinople, make peace, and leave it as an Imperial enclave so that I can continue to hire Varangians.  Of course the idea is dependent on whether a player as a non-Byzantine can hire the Varangians or whether they are only available if Constantinople is Roman AND the player trying to recruit them belongs to the Roman faction.
  20. how do you get renown fast

easiest way is to do some bandit hunting with a small but elite party.  You get more renown based on the difference in party numbers, slightly weighted to offset quality, and how many of your party get killed/wounded during the battle.  eg.  You+3 companions vs 50 highway bandits will get you around 20 renown (less if any of your party is wounded); you by yourself between 30-40; with 100 troops maybe 1 or 2 renown.  You can even pick up ~10 renown for taking on 10 fures by yourself and a fairly easy battle if you have anything more than starting equipment.

Of course to do this successfully you will first need to get yourself some good armour and weapons.  If you really want to make money fast my suggestion would be to do some trading.  Visit the cities and villages of Lithuania/Volynia and buy fur for <100 denars; sell in Teuton cities, Polish, Hungary, or Germany for >350.  Buy Salt and Iron in Polish, or Iron in Denmark, Germany, or Hungary for <100 and sell in Teuton, Lithuanian, Volynian cities for (Salt >250, Iron >300).  If you do just a few of these trips you can make a ton of money and afford to buy the best equipment out there.  Also learn how to use the NPC inventory (camp->access companion inventory).  When you are buying up supplies instead of relying solely on your personal inventory; you can buy goods and then transfer them over to your companion inventory (maxes out at 99 usable slots) instead of going back and forth with a small amount of goods.  If you buy the 99 furs for <100 and fill your inventory of say 30 slots, you have 130 furs you paid ~13,000.  I then travel city to city hunting any bandits I come across and only sell furs in cities in which I get >400.  So in maybe a week or so of travelling I sell for 52,000 (total profit of 39,000 denars).  You'll make almost as much going back the other way carrying iron and salt and if you buy a good blunt weapon, say a heavy long hafted mace; you can ransom all the bandits you knock out (most get you 100 denars each). 

PS: don't neglect "looting" skill.  The higher it is the more you make defeating even small bandit parties (remembering that loot is split up with your party, so the smaller the party the more loot you get yourself).  Also higher looting increases the value, type, and quantity of looted weapons/armour from a battle.  Doesn't make a big difference fighting lantriculii, but against Pirata you can pick up some really good stuff, 90 helmets, 40 body armour, fairly good swords and if you don't need them, you can sell for good money.
Back
Top Bottom