Search results for query: *

1. Medieval western European army organization?

This concerns tactical organization and the relationship between administrative (i.e. Where the troops come from, who provides them) and tactical organization (how they are grouped and commanded on campaign). If we take the 12th/13th century French armies for example, there's a stunning variety...
  2. Saracen cavalry too heavy

I am playing this mod, and it's great, but I can't help but notice how ridiculously heavy the armor of the eastern heavy cavalry is. They're very hard to kill, although in real life they got defeated many times by Crusaders, always with ease.
  3. Sorry to be irritating, but is this intentional?

Why do Persian units start with level 4, and useless equipment, but even the most basic Greek recruits are hoplites, and stronger than the top tier of Persian guards! It is just somewhat irritating - shouldn't the first tiers be peltats or such light troops? Hoplites were the elites, after...
  4. (!)64(!) attack for a spear?

The two-pronged (Pisidian?) spear has a ridiculous piecing attack stat - 64 from what I have seen! :shock:
  5. Taka, an incredibly rare item?

I spent almost an hour today searching the towns for a taka shield, for roleplaying as a Persian cavalryman. It's almost ridiculously rare, and when I did find it, it was in Rhodes rather than any Persian city!  :?
  6. Tube and yoke armor - not Greek in origin?

Many of you probably know of the tube and yoke type of armor, commonly associated with the Greeks. But such type of armor was used all around the mediterranean and, quite possibly, the fertile crescent when Greece were still a poor ass backwater. So I have started to ponder whether it's Greek at...
Back
Top Bottom