Search results for query: *

• Users: Salty
  • Order by date
  1. WFaS: The Thing Everyone Will Rage Quit From.

Das Knecht said:
    It's not a problem, in fact, you don't laugh at all. Laugh more, and your life is already better.

This guy is bizarre.  I feel ashamed bumping this dudes terrible thread  :mrgreen:
  2. Polish questline

Assassin123 said:
    samipso said:
    Assassin123 said:
    What quests? What the!? I just do random quests for the Polish Republic, King Jan something... I get no quests like capture this officier and stuff, the one I got was follow his army and on the way, get him cattle and scout 3 villages.... How do you start the storyline? cause i havent had anything interesting..

Ask for a special task.

I always try to, to every king and warlord and all the lords in the Polish Republic and I got 80 reputation and he never has any work..

Have you started the storyline at all?  Did you get the quest to plunder Maslov Brod *Or whatever the village is called)?  If you havent gotten it already, polish lords will offer it to you when you ask for a special mission. 
  3. I conquered 5 castes King gave me none?

jerg said:
    I'm not understanding the gist here, so can we form and name our own kingdoms in WFAS or not?

You can be independent and take your own land, but you cant really manage a kingdom like you can in Warband.  It will just call you a "rebel" of whatever faction you take the land from.
  4. Siege. No Items. Final Destination.

Yeah, the siege progression is really broken- it makes the last 2 parts the hardest of the entire siege, which they should not be.  You always seem to have less soldiers than the enemy in the final two rooms, it can get pretty ridiculous. 
  5. I conquered 5 castes King gave me none?

Ok, heres a tip for you.  Its a little gamey, but I dont think its unreasonable. 

If you haven't already you will eventually be given a mission to recapture Warsaw (which will be put into Swedish hands).  You'll need to gather all the lords you can and siege Warsaw.  Taking the city can be very, very tough.  I waited until there was no Swedish lord int he city, then selected "have a meeting with the fortress commander" and bribed him 20,000 to let me through the gate.  After that it was much easier. 

When you take the city, choose to ask for it as a reward.  Since the King hasn't been giving you anything, he probably wont give you Warsaw either.  When he decides not to, rebel and keep Warsaw.  Then, go find the King (who will try to attack you) and talk to him- select the dialogue for "we recaptured the city!" to complete the Warsaw quest.  You will be sworn in (again) as a vassal of Poland, and you will keep control of Warsaw.
  6. Beware WINDOWS 7 users - Fire and Sword doesn't work for me

Im on Windows 7, works fine for me.
  7. Problem with Warsaw

I never saw that option.  Maybe the problem is that I was already a vassal of Poland when I took Warsaw? 

Its really annoying how all the storylines seem like they dont want you to be a vassal...
  8. Fast Map Travel - The Key to Happiness

I believe its actually control+X that gives you money and XP...but ctrl+T is absolutely cheating.
  9. Problem with Warsaw

Spoilers ahead So, I'm doing the Polish storyline, and got the quest to siege Warsaw.  I take the city and complete the quest.  Upon talking to the King i am declared the "warlord of Warsaw", but I did not get control of the city- instead I got some small village as a fief.  Is this working as...
  10. Question about Polish storyline

Spoilers So after recapturing Warsaw, the king proclaims you the "warlord of Warsaw".  Is this quest supposed to actually give you control of Warsaw, or are you just give some other fief?
  11. Fast Map Travel - The Key to Happiness

zulu said:
    i find ctrl+t more useful

A lot of us prefer not to cheat.  It can be fun when you're just screwing around but if I use cheats on my main campaign I lose interest fast.  I just keep them turned off so there's no temptation  :grin:.
  12. Fast Map Travel - The Key to Happiness

While traveling on the map, hold ctrl+space to make time pass MUCH faster. After reading around it seems that quite a few people still don't know about fast map travel.  This should be something that every new player learns right away- its almost as important as using WASD to move  :mrgreen:. ...
  13. Trade Permit: Intended 4,500 or 45,000?

What he means is, in the dialogue the mayor says its 4,500.  Small bug.
  14. Becomming a Lord

I became a Polish vassal with 25 renown.
  15. need help with storyline

For Poland? You can get it from any lord, you will have the option to ask something like, "How is the Polish Republic doing?"
  16. This game is awesome

jolly roger said:
    it's not really fun until you do some caravan "grinding" to establish a base of funds.  no other method works - the amount you get from raiding, selling prisoners etc is a pittance, plus every item is exorbitantly expensive, so you must shuttle caravans for the first 40 minutes or so for every game before you can even start doing anything fun.

reknown is a pain to get - it's another "grind" gateway stat.  you need 200 or so to really do anything with the factions, and for most people on hard the most you can safely gain per battle is 5 or so.  related to this is the fact that your party size is going to be perpetually below the average no matter what you do which forces you to use exploits to capture towns and castles and such.

You had some legitimate points, but these two just aren't true.  You can do quite fine without every sending caravans.  I've sent maybe 3 in my entire campaign so far and I have plenty of money.  The idea that you need to grind caravans for 40 minutes is incredibly silly.  I honestly can't think of why that idea would even to occur to anyone in the beginning of the game. 

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "do anything" with the factions, but with good relations you can become a vassal with less than 40 renown. 
  17. Fief?

Unfortunately, no :sad:
  18. Fief?

For many of us, the option to ask to become a vassal is disappearing.  Not sure why.
  19. Troops stuck at the end of ladder during siege?

Very, very annoying bug, and unfortunately not the only one.  I hope they are working hard to fix this game right now.
Back
Top Bottom