Search results for query: *

1. bilwit

Is it me or does it take forever to block? Seem to be way worse at manually blocking than Warband

It is absolutely slower. I believe this was intended to help give "weight" to the feel of combat, however now that there are combos, this only rewards noob attack spam.
  2. bilwit

Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Just have default premade classes available and custom loadout.
  3. bilwit

Wait times.

Queue has been pretty horrible all week, but today especially. 1 match in the last hour.
  4. bilwit

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

So I accidentally permanently deleted all the models and textures from both my computer and backup server. Luckily, Cozur had downloaded a copy just before the incident. Note to self: don't mess with file name conflicts and shared folder syncs :???:
  5. bilwit

"Testing armors" is my current excuse for playing cRPG and not working on this mod. This is ideally the armor/weapon combination I have in my head for the Stark House guard or whatever, at least that's what's indicated in the show. The standard troops would carry and assortment of shields and other weapon combinations.

G4FTeJx.jpg

6. bilwit

Bad news everybody! Apparently, format-wise, I've been doing everything wrong so once we get the armors in-game, each will need to be tweaked individually so that the shaders come out as desired (apparently Warband is uber ancient and doesn't handle shader alphas well at all). I did a quick shader run using the standard Stark armor imported into cRPG (rageball!) and here's what it looks like with the current shader maps/settings and then a quick tweak (obviously not final):

O1455MN.jpg

Using the aformentioned tweak as a template, for every single armor I'll need adjust the spec coefficients accordingly, resave the diffuse/spec/normal to have no alphas, adjust the brightness of the diffuse (brighten) and then adjust the brightness of the spec (darken). This means that once I finally get around to finishing all the armors, there's still a lot of work left to get them up-to-snuff in-game :razz:
  7. bilwit

I've grown to be pretty oblivious about internet drama over the years but as it pertains to the larger concept of modding itself, people need to realize that modders are not professionals and aren't required to act like it. They pour hundreds of hours of their own time (which significantly becomes more appreciable as you get older) into a project that they want to make with their own vision for it. Of course feedback from the community is great and community interaction is integral to the life of the mod but it can really easily delve into demands laced with self-entitlement. Modders don't owe you anything. I've been on the other end where it's been sorely disappointing to see the mod go in a direction that I didn't like, in fact that's exactly what the case was when I was on both the Turkish and Russian Game of Thrones mods--from both a fan and internal (albeit peripheral) team perspective. The most basic and fundamental concept of modding is that if you don't like it, do it yourself. Everyone needs to just chill out, be patient, and don't take (or direct) things too personally.

And to justify this post: since it is now the weekend, I promise to load up on energy drinks and get at least three new and shiney skins done :mrgreen:
  8. bilwit

Couple new ones and some variants.

hlrDmuV.jpg

RXU00EE.jpg

BptrCjJ.jpg

rH3j5ZE.jpg

7tgVE6v.jpg

smSSaaQ.jpg
  9. bilwit

ThaneWulfgharn said:
    Haven't played the mod, but according to the books:
    Most of Stormland soldiers, were "green boys" in the desire for glory."The Knights of Summer", Caetlyn calls them. They did not make a tough force.
    Stannis, on the other hand, fielded skilled Lyseni Pirates and Heavily Armed Knights called Queen's Men.

Renly fielded the largest army in Westeros with the combined forces of Stormlands (minus the few loyalists) and the Reach with well over 100k troops. Experienced or not, they would have rolled Stannis and taken King's Landing with ease by sheer numbers alone. Stannis knew he couldn't win against Renly on the battlefield, which is why he became desperate enough to lean on Melisandre and resort to her magic. The Tyrell army withdrawing from the war after Renly's death and then fighting for the Lannisters at the Battle of Blackwater was the biggest deciding factor for Stannis's defeat. Catelyn's remarks were more about their naive attitude (not taking the war seriously, holding tournaments every week, taking months to march anywhere, etc) than judgement on how formidable they were. Even Robb knew how much of a significant factor Renly's forces would be, which is why he sent Catelyn in the first place and at this point, he and his army were pretty proven on the field and yet taking King's Landing or Casterly Rock (despite the dumb comments in the HBO show) without help wasn't even a remote possibility for the North.

I haven't tried this mod either, but ideally, I'd hope that the gameplay is scripted (as best as possible) to play out exactly how it does in the books unless directly influenced by the player themselves (ala Lord of the Rings: Total War). Otherwise, with or without an allegiance with the North, Renly's army SHOULD completely roll Westeros every time unless he dies when he's supposed to.
Back
Top Bottom