Search results for query: *

1. swillfly

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 13 - Weekending

I guess this is the forum niche for Mount and Blade 2.  What will be interesting to see is how it plays.  I still play 1.011 as I like simpler antiques that my edsel can run.  I wish the devs the best on M&B2.
  2. swillfly

Fire & Sword - more of the same?

psychopigeon said:
    why are people complaining? it's 8.99... why WOULDN'T you buy it? I pay for pizzas more expensive than that.

I wouldn't mind paying $8.99 USD for more of the same because then I can justify that I didn't spend a ridiculous amount of cash for beta stale game glitchiness version 3.0.0.1.  The Steam download seams to be $14.99 USD.  But downloaded games aint the same as having the CD or DVD of a game for when one needs to reformat a HDD/re-image windoze.  Thus having the actual published game in your hands has it's merits. 

But available for the price of a pizza?  That really depends on what pizza you consume.  Totinos thin frozen cardboard pizza tastes good for the college student cheapo price.  So you can live with the game glitchiness.. er plastic cheeze cardboard-ish taste.  However if one pays top dollar for a pie then one should expect something more polished and refined for the palate.  But hey, Totino's aint so bad for how much money you pay for frozen pie.  Aint delivery but it's still ok. 

Bottomline:
    M&B WFS - Totino's version 3.0.0.1
    totinos-frozen-pizza.jpg
  3. swillfly

Fire & Sword - more of the same?

I dunno.  :|  Seems like a cycle.  i.e. Game A is released; play for a while; glitches; then Game B is released; play for a while; overwhelming similarities; glitches; then Game C is released; etc...  Rinse and repeat.  Personally, a game loses it's charm and replayability for me when the...
  4. swillfly

any tweak to prevent straying followers?

When I am marshall and ask some fellow faction lord to follow me they Always are distracted by Every caravan/bandit and don't seem able to simply follow my army without getting sidetracked. 
  5. swillfly

1297 Britain mod deceased; my work-arounds

I enjoy this mod much despite the various existing bugs after patches.  I'm guessing that there won't be any more patches or fixes for the various bugs as this is 2011 now and this mod was released years ago.    Here are my solutions: -armies stuck on the map: if it's an enemy, attack them; if...
  6. swillfly

Introduction/Hello thread

Hello.  I am new here.  And I'm being watched.  :neutral:  Actually, I wasn't sure if my posts were just buried/ignored.  I found out though with a warning from an anonymous moderator from Taleworlds that sent me a private message labeling my post(s) as spam after I'd locked it.  My lesson learned.  Now if only some kind person has some useful input for my direct gameplay questions then I'll be a happier Mount & Blade game player.  Oh, and if Warband is less expensive for me to purchase then I'll be happier too.  And no, I'm not a bot, a spammer, or a kid.  I'm just an old man that plays pc games.  Greetings and cheers to all friendly folks here!
  7. swillfly

horde tendencies

Ok.  Does anyone know how to prevent your own cavalry troops from massing together?  The spread out command is disregarded by the troop AI.  Thanks for any in advance for any/all productive input.  This is not spam.  I really would like to know if anybody has any useful solutions/edits.  Cheers.
  8. swillfly

[quote author="TaleWorlds Forum"]
    swillfly,

You have received a warning for spamming in regards to the message:
    Re: ..

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
    The TaleWorlds Forum Team.
    [/quote]

Curious that the moderator didn't provide a reply-to name.  Ok, thanks for the warning.  It won't happen again.  And more importantly, thanks for reading/watching the forums.  Many of my posts seem to be read but are not replied to.  I was wondering when somebody would show up.  I am not a spammer.  Thanks for looking into this.
  9. swillfly

horde tendencies

I noticed that whenever my troops go into battle they completely ignore my command to spread out.  They all pile ontop each other so none can even swing their weapons.  Especially cavalry.  Most of the time I tell the cavalry to just hold a position on some distant hill with no purpose except to...
  10. swillfly

Hmm.  Good idea.  I'll probably just lock all my posts as I haven't got much in the way of replies.  Lot of views but minimal/no replies.  Post & lock.
  11. swillfly

get warband for 6 bucks!! Today only!

Hmm.  It's still the 16th and it's listed as $29.99.  Digital download only I imagine.  Ah well.  Thanks anyhew.
  12. swillfly

non-selectable arena weapons

This happens when competing in the town arenas.  I'm not sure if this is a wonky bug or purposeful design decision in the game so I'm not certain where I'd post this.  Anyhow, when you enter the arena by default you're equipped with either a practice staff, practice sword & shield, practice...
  13. swillfly

Hello M&B world! -and questions

Thanks for the reply Ludial!  Fire and Sword is way out of my budget whenever it comes out.  I shop at the bargain bin for games because I'm poor.  So unless a game is $20 or less then I wait a year or years until it's way old and hopefully less pricey. 

I'm just today going to start tweaking the text files after logging so many hours gaming the vanilla Native mod to death. 

The money/cost scheme of stuff within the game is kinda the most pressing bummer that most players experience it seems.  Especially prevalent when first starting out when running from steppe bandits and only too happy to obtain a tattered potato sack uniform and chipped rusty sword.  In some ways I guess the game reflects how terribly pricey and important foodstuffs, clothing, and arms were to manufacture back in those days.  No plagues or random weather effects to make the game more miserable for the smurfs though.

[edit] I just came across TweakMB.  That seems to simply things immensely versus poring over notepad with eyestrain to manually impose tweaks to text files.  Providing TweakMB does all the stuff that Magelord has in his helpful thread without snags then I may be able to get back to playing instead of chatting about playing.  I discovered a discrepancy in my conversations.txt which wasn't like the examples Magelord's tweak guide provided so I'll give TweakMB a whirl. 
  14. swillfly

What to do with captured lords and kings?

I eliminated the Rhodoks and now have their king and countless lords in my prison.  Too many to be displayed at once in that tiny jail cell.  As their faction is gone I'm not sure what to do with them.  Can I release them?  Will they join other factions like a few that slipped away did?  Too bad...
  15. swillfly

Hello M&B world! -and questions

I'm new to this board (but not to M&B).  I love playing this game.  The creators did a great job despite the minor annoyances which any game has.  It's addictive replayability value is like virtual cocaine.  So I've been playing 1.011 plain vanilla Native mod for quite a while without any...
Back
Top Bottom