Search results for query: *

1. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Just posting that I'm not dead, just really busy IRL.
  2. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Just posting here to confirm I'm not dead or gone. School's just been really difficult/stressful for me this past semester.
  3. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

beartjah said:
    Is there any way I can influence what the AI does? Sometimes they just seem content patrolling around their camps while the enemy is doing the same with their camps(at least, the camps that weren't destroyed). This is now leading to isengard and the dunlendings 'fighting' with rohan, dale, erebor, mirkwood, rivendell and lorién. Nothing is actually happening aside from the occasianol patrol being wiped out...
    iirc, after gaining enough rank and RPs with a faction, you can ask the leader to take an action, e.g., siege a settlement, patrol around an area, etc...
    Laizenbh said:
    I read somewhere in this forum that the "find spears of something(i cant remember the name) quest inst finished, its an old post however but i still cant find a way to go further in the caves. Its still unfinished?
    I don't think you can access the quest at all, if you can it's a bug. The quest is very unfinished, iirc there is no way to even access the scenes for the quest.
  4. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Just dropping in to say I'll do some work on TLD this weekend if I have time. Mostly fixing bugs again.
  5. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Metaldwarf said:
    Hi, I'm coming back to this mod after a little over a year, saw the info about the Nightly Patches(thanks for continuing to work on this Swyter and co :mrgreen:) and installed the latest one. I actually loaded an old save, second playthrough about 20 days in and things seemed to be working fine, although I get a "debug" message following all combat, and all caravans still seem to be called zupdog :lol: Should I do a full reinstall?

I'd recommend against loading an old save, as odd bugs can occur from that. Starting a new game would probably be better.

I'm also currently running a playthrough as a lorien elf. Formations seem to be working well so far. I'm currently going through and searching out minor bugs like the occasional text glitches and stuff. I'll start work on major bugfixes and fixing or disabling unfinished stuff early september/late august.
  6. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Alright everyone, I've been away for quite a while, but I've gotten a new PC that im probably going to be using from now on, so I can get on TLD programming again. My old laptop bit the dust after hanging by a thread for about 2 years. I've got a lot of stuff to prepare for returning to college, but for the first couple of weeks I'll be playing TLD and fixing bugs hopefully after I get settled in.
  7. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

SteamTale said:
        I seem to have the same type of problem with Mount and Blade Warband Steam version 1.166 when installing the files and patches.  It loads, I get an error similar about missing meshes.  I have to hit alt tab enter to get at the error to close it.  No matter what I  do, the warband version just does not want to run without the missing or invalid or whatever errors.

TLD works fine though my install of Mount and Blade 1.011  (using the higher res  EX version). I'm at day 100 or so and having a blast, no errors, the movies play.  The only thing if I approach a settlement I'm only wearing pants and have no gear.  The inventory is intact however.  If I choose another approach option though, I'm wearing all my clothes and gear.

It is interesting to explore the world of JRR Tolken as envisioned by the mod designers, exploring the various lairs of evil, imagining myself living or at least picnicking in one of the idyllic Elven villages with the trees and the fresh greenery.  I had to turn the gamma way up on my monitor, those lairs of evil are so dark the first thing that happened in Isengard after successfully sneaking in was to fall in a great  pit of blackness I could not climb out of.  After turning the gamma way up, I could at last see all the wickedness there. 

The Hornburg and it's glittering caves were very impressive, and a nice touch.  I do not know if it is with the scope of the mod to actually have adventures in them with the bots, but it is very nice to tour them nevertheless.

I like the way the economy works with not being able to equip enemy gear, but selling their ash and trash instead.  Also the before I understood how the gifts worked, it was a challenge to balance Beornbucks with what I need to do to get resource to pay my elves with. 

The crafting, well I'm glad to learn at least it does not work at this time, I'll stop putting skill points into it. If this mod is still being worked on, keep it up. 

EDIT
    --When I get back to my computer where the game is on I'll get the exact error under Warband (I suspect it might be the latest version 1.166 update on Steam but who knows, )
    --Since TLD works fine under Mount and Blade 1.011, it has not been really that much of an issue for me
    --I have a lot of respect for the effectiveness of the warg riders, they seem to do a lot better than in the moovies

For many reasons, I don't like Warband on Steam. I haven't updated Warband recently, but Spring Break is coming up for me, so I'll update Warband and try to get to fixing these bugs. It might be something they changed with the recent patch. MY main computer is also having problems, so I can't promise I'll be able to get these done until I fix it.
  8. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Honved said:
    How do you build up any faction reputation while playing evil humans?  With a host of orc camps scattered all over the place, any battles you fight end up giving you reputation boosts with the orcs, but it's next to impossible to find/fight a battle within the vicinity of your own camp (Umbar being the exception, where you're pretty far removed from the other groups of your side).  After my last failed Harad attempt, my little band of around 6-8 Haradrim and 20-30 orcs (since I couldn't recruit more humans) was idolized by the various orc groups and Mordor, but virtually unknown at home.

The "good" humans all have sizable zones of influence.  I could pick any of several Gondorian cities, all of which boosted my reputation with all other Gondorian cities, or choose a Rohirrim character and easily gain reputation with all Rohan cities, but the two evil human cities just outside Mordor have very tiny areas of influence, lots of orc camps infringing on their already limited territory, and no other locations.  I found it next to impossible to advance.

Any advice?

You could always do tasks for the lords, some of the quests they have you do are fun and can get you some nice rewards.

Knezevic said:
    Thranduils Halls cannot be sieged, you must get the faction strength under 2000 (iirc, its been a while since I tweaked it) and they will spawn a last stand party. Defeat it and Mirkwood will fall.

Same as Isengard ?
    Yes.
  9. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Vespasianus said:
    CppCoder said:
    Svanhufvud said:
    How is the "final" patch coming along?

I know i can't expect much, but back in April it was said to be weeks away, and now there is very little activity on Twitter and Trello. I sincerly hope the project isn't dead.

I hope to play one last game as Gondor where i will try to defend every city, and restore Gondors power  :smile:

Mod isn't dead.

Me and Swyter are the only code capable people left on the project, and real life stuff (college, holidays, etc...) has been consuming most of my time.

Also, when I leave TLD (which won't be until the "final" release after it's finished), I will let everyone know. I hate it when mods I like/follow just suddenly die.

Hi CppCoder, grateful for your work on the mod, which is so far my favourite Mount and Blade mod (which is saying quite a lot given the great mods like Brytenwalda and Roma Surrectum).

Does this mean you are still planning to release a final patch that will address the issues with the last build? My friends and I are planning to install the mod and play through some final campaigns once the final patch is released. But with the nightly patches coming out I wasn't sure if a final large patch was still planned?

There's been talk of a patch that will wrap up the game's most critical bugs, not much work being done ATM though.

JabdiMelborn said:
    ...I pratically destroy everything except that "Thranduil's Halls", but noone of the evil factions want start besiege it...
    Mu4Z9tZ.jpg

...on "View Faction Strenght Report" i see that strenght needed to start siege is 4300 and Mirkwood Elves now are at 2200, but nothing happened after 1 month...

ciauz^^,
    Jab

Thranduils Halls cannot be sieged, you must get the faction strength under 2000 (iirc, its been a while since I tweaked it) and they will spawn a last stand party. Defeat it and Mirkwood will fall.
  10. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Svanhufvud said:
    How is the "final" patch coming along?

I know i can't expect much, but back in April it was said to be weeks away, and now there is very little activity on Twitter and Trello. I sincerly hope the project isn't dead.

I hope to play one last game as Gondor where i will try to defend every city, and restore Gondors power  :smile:

Mod isn't dead.

Me and Swyter are the only code capable people left on the project, and real life stuff (college, holidays, etc...) has been consuming most of my time.

Also, when I leave TLD (which won't be until the "final" release after it's finished), I will let everyone know. I hate it when mods I like/follow just suddenly die.

TheLoneHitman said:
    How would you go about uninstalling the mod if you so choose

This would be difficult considering how TLD for classic M&B works. You'd have to delete the files that were replaced, and reinstall M&B, basically doing the manual installation in reverse and then a reinstall. I recommend having a second install location for TLD. This makes it much easier to manage if you can afford the disk space.
  11. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

trueten said:
    In my game the Beornings were destroyed, but I was lucky enough to hire Dimborn before this happened.

I was like "Haha, made it in time!". Sure. After 200 dayz I suddenly ran out of all Beornings resource points and Dimborn left me party.

There's nothing I can do about it, right?

I don't think there is, as he is scripted to return to the place where you got him.

Also, I'm gonna be unavailable for coding for until probably early September as I prepare to move back into college and get my stuff together.
  12. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Thor Head said:
    If the forces of Good are defeated, do Mordor and Isengard then have to fight it out for domination, like in the old .808 version?

It's been a while since I played the evil factions, but i believe this is indeed the case.
  13. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Mr.Milker said:
    @Tarleton:

1. Probably yes.
    2.3.4.5. No.

Open sandbox - nope.
    The Warband port is just that. A port of the existing mod, we do NOT have active developers. It's Swyter's iniciative and while awesome, he doesn't want to work on the mod itself. (as he's got his own mod to take care of)
    If I manage to pin Cpp_Coder down for long enough, we might do a few tiny (yet important) fixes to the war system (namely sieges), but that seems to be it for TLD's future.

@bezment78: just the book at the moment. Was planned to be something more, but it was left unfinished.

I do intend to fix and finish the crafting system, but no guarantees.
  14. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

bassman389 said:
    hey, so i just found the mod and love it! But i seem to be having a problem. i took the itemskinds.txt copied it cloned a bow and arrow renaming them yada yada yada - all the normal modding stuff - making them do tremendous damage and like 75 arrows instead of the thirty. They work great, and do exactly what i wanted them to. the problem i'm having is that now when i go and talk to the girl elf npc in thranduils halls; after i hire her, i can't talk to her without the game crashing and giving me an error "a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. please close the program." 

I haven't messed with the troop.txt at all and all stock items haven't been touched..

For the mod, i downloaded and installed
    tld 3.23
    tld 3.23 coldfix
    tld speed and stability mod

can anyone please help me?

That's odd. I don't think changing the item attributes should change anything. Try it again with a fresh install. You might have edited the conversation or script files by accident.
  15. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Mike_123 said:
    Hello.
    I finished your mod a couple of times and I really liked it. Although at first it was hard for me to accept that there were no elven warriors with two handed sabres like in the movie, I overall enjoyed the different styles and variations of themes the mod delivered however, I have a few concerns:

1) I find it ok not to be able to siege the capitals, the cities and the fortresses but it would seem realistic to be able to raid a smaller camp or an outpost.
    This was decided a long time ago, 99% likely it won't change.

2) Some parts of the mod seem unfinished like the wandering around on unlockable areas like the dead marshes. From stuff I read in the forum it seems that you are planning to expand the mod in that direction. I think that you could have the player find relics like old armor/weapons in the dead marshes or mythril in Moria, or other "lost" or "left behind" items at the Argonaths were Boromir was killed.
    There are plans to fix some broken stuff, like the Mythril in Moria, and possibly some other new features/quests as well.

3)It says in the mod that there is no money but you have the resource points which indicate how much a faction is willing to aid your cause. Good. Why the heck is there a resource points limit for the various smiths and supply stores? It happened many times that I had to travel the whole of Gondor's realm just to "sell" the loot I gathered. It doesn't make sense to me. If res points are no money, then they should all be acquirable even at a single "store" (given that this is not a hard coded feature).
    Think about it: Each settlement has their own resource pool that they need, and can only trade you a certain amount for your gear or equipment.

4) I liked the "rank" feature a lot but "influence" quite annoyed me. Especially on the give-orders-to-commanders part. By the time you get your factions leader's favor and a high rank, you should be able to give orders for "free". I'm saying this because giving orders can effectively end the war sooner since bots are stupid. This would also emphasize the use of strategy by the player to achieve victory, not just raw combat and tactics. Right now I see it more like this: should I get the very cool armor and horse from the Stewart or give an order with the influence I gathered with lots of hard work? Guess what I choose...
    The new oathkeeper trait will help with this.

5) The Troll's hitboxes are a mess. The hitboxes of the wargs are just decent.
    Marco (I think) fixed up the hitboxes so they should be more accurate, which version are you playing?

6) This is not really an issue but mostly a simple question. I got the Horn of Gondor from the Stewart but I cannot figure out what +3 Rallies does. Some more explanations on the pdf would be good: our mod has a lot of nice new features.
    A lot of the previous members of TLD have moved on or been unable to work on it, so some things don't get updated very often. +3 rallies has to do with the morale system.

This is all I have to say. Very nice mod, great maps, great design, I appreciate all this effort you've put into this. I hope you keep updating the mod. You still have to finish it in my opinion.

Thanks!
  16. Western Music

Shrugging Khan said:
    It's a nice piece, even more so for a game soundtrack :grin:

Yes, yes it is. :smile: One of my favorite VGM tracks.
  17. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

mountandblader16 said:
    hi from what is seen is The Last Days a awesome mod! only when i download it and run it on mount and blade i get RGL errors.
    before closing the loading screen there are red sentences writen and they say : warning. unable to open

i tried to install it again but thats not working its really driving me crazy because i dont know what to do
    i downloaded the newest version already. help me  :cry:

1. Make sure you are using the Original Mount&Blade, not Warband.
    2. Start with a fresh install (e.g., install this somewhere else, and install the module into the same folder. I personally use "C:\Program Files\TLD\".)
    3. The 3.23 version download is an exe file, don't place it in the modules folder, run the file.

That should work.
  18. Western Music

Something you western/1866 fans might like :): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtqc4ERo4A I haven't played 1866 in a while, but when I was playing I had modded this in with the other music tracks. :)
  19. Drunkard turns enemy after winning black jack?

It's never happened to me, but I think it would've been a neat feature if he turned hostile after you won several rounds in a row. It's probably a bug, or you accidentally fired a round or something.
  20. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

CaptSkillzzz said:
    Hello! I went to your other forums and they had a "Cursor Fix" What would that be for ? Obviously it'll fix something...By the way your .exe does not launch up a set up/installation for me :/ I open it up like 5 times and nothing pops up

I believe the cursor fix is for HDR (My laptop isn't powerful enough for HDR, so I don't use it personally). What do you mean nothing pops up? Are you running the TLD_3.23.exe file? If so, try running it as an administrator if you aren't already doing so.
Back
Top Bottom