Search results for query: *

• Users: skvor
  • Order by date
  1. skvor

Community Art ! [first post depository]

Hi
    I'm afraid its not in my power to reupload all the images, not even most of them, not even half of them. I can reupload moin and two or three that are moin not. An I should probably delete the rest. Going to do that some day.

Well, life goes on

somethin for the old time's sake:

viking_horned_helmet_by_skvor-db1l4uv.jpg

2. skvor

Hello again, So I started this printing + watercolour. Its fun!

tumblr_nvgdgn6GGt1rexd5jo1_1280.jpg

try it for yourself, or maybe someone younger would appreciate?
    this is the drawing alone: http://i.imgur.com/jBMTUmD.jpg
  3. skvor

Wernicke said:
    Ah... The way you've painted it, the seemingly loose wet brushes across the canvas gives off a very dreamy effect, totally immersive, as if it's trying to draw me into the picture. I could stare at this painting for ages, sink into it, imagining walking around the spring forest myself, finding out just who that woman and her sheep are.

The blur in this picture is deffinitely a strength - heavily enforces the dreamy effect mentioned earlier for me. Also, the lighting. The contrast between the shadow and the field bathed in sunlight is superb. It's also quite startling how much a sparse amount of white, yellow (flowers) and green (moss) dots can do for detail within the, indeed, VERY detailed vegetation. Drawing those lines across the surface of the trees is such a creative alternative to spending hours detailing every tiny tidbit of the bark, which wouldn't have contributed to the effect the picture is (in my opinion) trying to convey at all.

I'm not even going to ask how you managed to make the water appear so fluid, so reflective, so real. It's nothing short of amazing.

My Skvor-darling, I'll never tire of your ever improving work.

Keep drawing sheep and vikings with sad backstories, please.

I need this.

Wernicke,
    this is with no doubt one of the the nicest things anyone ever told me regarding my artworks. Your strong responses on every aimed goal of the painting is actually the best thing any artist can ever hope to achieve.

With this painting I wanted to put my source of inspiration to rest, by doing such topic properly.
    I actually spent time walking around these places, taking photos and making sketches. I made a portrait of landscape, depicting real flora in the place. Even the shepherdess is certainly not just from my imagination.
  4. skvor

...what only spring and wet vale can make

uBBMTqp.jpg

see it bigger

the original 10k size

sorry, no vikings in sight this time :smile:
  5. skvor

Some guy is using skvor's art on Total War Center

calm down... the English history guy has permission :grin:
  6. skvor

Some guy is using skvor's art on Total War Center

By this comment I would like to leave copy rights up to this community

This includes all my pictures used in the mod.

This also means people using those pictures don't have to credit me as an author

7. skvor

WOW, thank you guys. I'm really glad it actually does soften your hard bred warrior soles :grin:

The approach here is based on combination of sharp and soft edges. Here, only the borders of the light and shade create hard defined shapes. Shades are gloomy. This was the first trial and I plan to push it even further as I proceed with more paintings as time goes.

Also, it actually means a lot to me you stopped by and thought of how the painting makes you feel. :smile:
  8. skvor

its stagnating here u guys

here, little something to soften your hard bred warrior soles... Julien Durpe influenced

VfTn0I2.jpg

9. skvor

white bearded skvor arrives from beyond to tell stories and answer all your questions

HUtH said:
    Was that some excercising with colors? That dress-background contrast, the skin mix, man, you're getting beter and better in this
    Actually yes, I was trying to do something nice with the colours, with the way they work together and affect each other.
    The dress was especially hard to achieve with as few brush strokes as possible.
    Zimke Zlovoljni said:
    What's that "professional artist"? Also, what's that "skvor"?
    I'd say yes he is
    professional artist. I would say that's anyone regardless skill, who makes living by making art. I'm not yet dependant on what I earn with my drawing but I do the kind of work others make living with.

skvor is nought but very bad truncation of my real name, Štorch (stork)

Vikingr did affect me. The things I do, The person I am, I owe that to vikingr!
    *bursts in tears of approval*
  10. skvor

STARik said:
    Dont say that. Its better than always, each new piece is slightly better as our artist grows with each artwork.

OH! now that's what I like to hear. Smiley truly knows the artist's sole :grin:
  11. skvor

viking pinup lassy :smile:

8xDPvda.jpg

12. skvor

well, not exactly. His mother was a Welshwoman, but father was from farther south. It wasn't easy marriage and after few years it went to ruins. As for his childhood, he learned very soon to take responsibility seriously. While other kids of his age had normal families, this guy had to take care for himself. His father never shown any interest and it was wonder he did not refuse him in first place.
  13. skvor

Wernicke said:
    Which of the two? I know there's at least two Welshmen in the community.  :wink:

this guy is outta screen, somewhere here
    tumblr_n67eegJsBT1rexd5jo3_1280.jpg
  14. skvor

Captured Joe said:
    This may sound stupid, but... ehh... what is going on there?

Imagine you made a journey across the deep dark forests, high hills and mountains, wide rivers and deep swamps. Imagine you fell off a cliff broke something. Imagine you had to kill bunch of people. Imagine you had to do all this to find your beloved. She has been taken from you while your home was burned to the ground.
    Imagine you lost all hope of seeing her again and went just for revenge on those who taken all you ever lived for.

After this guy went berserk and slaughtered all who did him wrong he surprisingly found his beloved in bandit camp, in tent, unharmed.

But story does not end yet (There will be a nice pdf with all pictures and maybe some text)

Thank you guys for approval! its all  I'm getting for this :smile:

Jock said:
    Desktop size? :razz:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/136/7/a/rescue_by_skworus-d7ilzue.jpg

15. skvor

at the end everything's well

rescue_by_skworus-d7ilzue.jpg

or so we thought... ?
  16. skvor

hello :smile:
    something raid related form my latest work

tumblr_n44ewzj6xI1rexd5jo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3zx0qnrqY1rexd5jo1_r3_1280.jpg
  17. skvor

BIG thanx to all !

Wernicke: wow, its actually the message of this painting :grin:

Jock:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyvkl8bfrbwjjy2/burned%20village%2016x9.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oq778lw6klh7a3/burned%20village%2016x10.jpg
    if you google "skvor light" you should be able to find my tumblr sketchbook

Rabensang: I am making "story driven" art-book with about 30 to 40 pages. No text, no silly comic windows... just one painting a page

18. skvor

and after a longer while, something you guys might enjoy

tumblr_n1zo8actly1t4mwb9o1_1280.jpg
  19. skvor

very good :smile:
  20. skvor

thank you all for nice words. Im glad I could share this with you!
Back
Top Bottom