Search results for query: *

1. RafaelCruz

Do we have the time limit how often we can jump also in bannerlord?

Harmi said:
    I think they should keep the threshold value, but not reduce how often you can jump. Now you can jump like 2 times in 2 seconds, but the second jump will make your character do an animation. So, fast click 2 times space and you will jump 1 small and 1 long jump, but the later one will end you to "roll" to get up again. Similar roll animation will come if you fall from high and don't get hurt.

That seems like a lot of hours of development for something so... unnecessary.
  2. RafaelCruz

Lands changing culture over time?

It would be cool if you would not be able to access certain troop-trees by training units from peoples other than your own.

As in, romans would not be able to create cavalry as good as germanic cavalry, that wasn't their culture.

They would hire these troops as auxiliary/mercenary troops, however, when those people were assimilated, they "romanized" and became less good on what gave then that military edge.

So the only way to get "good troops of a certain kind" form a certain people, was through not assimilating then, not influencing their culture but keeping good relations with individual tribes.
  3. RafaelCruz

Features you DON'T want to see in Bannerlord

Always online requirement.

There should be no barriers between soloplay and the game.
  4. RafaelCruz

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Anything happened in the last month or so?
  5. RafaelCruz

Firunien said:
    I am an expert on games,companies and marketing.

YOU DUN GOOFED!

What the *** did you just **** say about gaming, you little ****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Qaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the *** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my *** words. You think you can get away with saying that *** to me over the Internet? Think again, ***. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re **** ****, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your **** tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn ****. I will *** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re **** dead, kiddo.
  6. RafaelCruz

So... we again went complete circle jerk on complaining about the lack of blogs?
  7. RafaelCruz

The_lion_tiberias said:
    We want eSports in Bannerlord that's all

We actually want butter.

Lot's of butter.

PK2gjMC.jpg
  8. RafaelCruz

oh TW! You silly and beautiful company!
  9. RafaelCruz

DanAngleland said:
    Foxbat said:
    a month did not around, did i missed something? or a lot of things?
    is the game had been released?  :iamamoron:

The game has not been released, nor has a specific date been set. However, Captain Lust said in early March that TaleWorlds want to release the game by the end of this year, though it won't necessarily be completely finished by then so we might get a beta version instead. So we will probably be playing the game near the end of 2016, but nobody can be more precise than that.

Also you should be aware that Taleworlds time-scale is close to Valve's.
  10. RafaelCruz

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
    A happy girlfriend will mean more sex, though.

More sex means more offspring to help keep our society going.

mike.oconnor96 should dump his girlfriend and impregnate multiple women.

GIF--Nope-No-way-Nah-no-nope-Jerry-Seinfeld-Seinfeld-GIF.gif
  11. RafaelCruz

redwood36 said:
    This way a merchant PC might be able to sell information to empires, and act in a sort of spy-like capacity.

A good example of this is Sunless Sea, but this mechanic could have much more depth in BL.
  12. RafaelCruz

Stan546 said:
    Also, could we ban all suggestions from this point?

Didn't expect an Spanish Inquisition in here!
  13. RafaelCruz

SenorZorros said:
    I guess the main problem will be that religion certainly will cut off a large part of the playerbase.

why? I mean, there's religion in Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Warhammer, and no one is trowing fits about it.
  14. RafaelCruz

JC LEON said:
    what a hell?

I say what what
  15. RafaelCruz

SmurfInHell said:
    a closed alpha/beta soon and have people testing it to start looking for problems

It would be a dream but...

SmurfInHell said:
    Even if it's closed with an NDA, I much rather live in the hope that they are doing something like that to prepare for the future!

I don't believe that people are very capable of keeping a secret and, if this information went public, this thread would have more butthurts than it already has.
  16. RafaelCruz

I know I'm a bit late for the party, but I would like to add my grain of salt on the gameplay demo.

First I would like to add a well deserved congratulations on the demo, even though it feels a bit scripted (and really, there's no reason why not to do so) there was a lot of stuff to go wrong and the game seemed very smooth. You can really see where those 4 years of development went and, as you guys don't plan on releasing it any time soon (maybe end of the year, but I would bet on first quarter of 2017) you will get a very ass kicking product by them.

Your engine feels very solid: collision seems great, the lighting effects are simply amazing and the way objects interact seem very well thought and done.

I can see some great improvements in AI also, as pointed by some of the other posters, as in the way they try to keep the correct distance to hit or how the cavalry doesn't stay still and actually tries to keep moving away from infantry, as it's how cavalry should act.

It's very understandable that you guys used the order to "charge", as people, media and general pop culture believes that medieval warfare was mosh-pit of swords, lances and arrows, but I would really like to see how 2 formations would face each other in this iteration of the series and how they would, or not, try to retain and fight in said formation. Also, if they are not there yet, it should be available to make units behave in certain well known formations (i.e. if you have 4 of leadership you can order your troops to form in horse shoe or while approaching a fortress, do so in tortoise), but that's speculation of my part.

The menus seem much more optimized, if not a bit crude, on how it present information for the player, I really like it, but I believe that if you guys aim for a more broad scope of players you maybe should try something a bit less total war-ish: warband did actually a excellent work on presenting menus in a very user-friendly way.

The last nitpicking is that, as a historical fencer myself, I felt the handling of the weapons a bit clunky, on my opinion they should be relatively faster than they are and feel more fluid. But you can still feel the hits and the movementation is quite good, feels more natural than warband and more accurate.

All in all you guys seem to have accomplished something great, which build on your past hits, but try to improve your misses. I'm really trilled to see and know more of this game :smile:
  17. RafaelCruz

Captain Lust said:
    That is not going to happen. While it's great we can do a demo like this and run it live, it wouldn't benefit us to hand the game to players in its current state.

That.. is not very uplifting...
  18. RafaelCruz

Cookie Muncher said:
    Keep in mind, we're that close to potentially nothing.

At most a gameplay trailer with more than the blogs. Anything more than this would mean the end of humanity.
  19. RafaelCruz

Bickering over nothing ✓
    Flamewar                  ✓
    Unsucessful troll        ✓
    Anime                      ✓

Yep, time to wrap up this thread.
  20. RafaelCruz

mightywolve said:
    The use of weapon combinations in each hand has been mentioned for close combat in western Europe during the Byzantine, Medieval, and Renaissance era. The use of a parrying dagger such as a main gauche along with a rapier is common in historical European martial arts. Traditional schools of Japanese martial arts include dual wield techniques, particularly a style conceived by Miyamoto Musashi involving the katana and wakizashi, two-sword kenjutsu techniques he called Niten Ichi-ryū. Eskrima, the traditional martial arts of the Philippines teaches Doble Baston techniques involving the basic use of a pair of rattan sticks and also Espada y daga or Sword/Stick and Dagger. Okinawan martial arts have a method that uses a pair of sai. Chinese martial arts involve the use of a pair of Butterfly swords and Hook swords. Gatka, a weapon-based martial art from the Punjab region, is known to use two sticks at a time. The Thailand weapon-based martial art Krabi Krabong involves the use of a separate Krabi in each hand.

It should be noted that all the above-mentioned examples, involve either one long and one short weapon, or two short weapons. An example of a dual wield of two sabres is the Ukrainian cossack dance hopak and the martial art that originated from that dance Combat Hopak.

Source: Tim Dawson PhD (7 September 2010). Byzantine Infantryman. Osprey Publishing. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-84603-105-2.

Wolve, the point is not that it did not happen, but rather that it's pretty much useless or inferior to other forms of fencing in a close-quarters battlefield situation. At least to my knowledge those european examples are all focused on duelling not battlefield combat.
Back
Top Bottom