Search results for query: *

1. Get rid of Clanstacking/Partying up in Ranked modes.

Oh. As a matter of fact, I thought the last patch did actually mean the new ranked queue was by design clan-less. Guess I assumed very wrong.

I bought the game on Day1 and played a few Skirms early on. Ultimately I got pissed by having to face so many clan-stacks and decided I wouldn't touch Skirm again until it was on a fair standing. Whiiiich kinda sucks because TDM and Siege... Well. You can have fun in em, but it's a bad metric for balance.

This also brings back bad memories for me as a former League of Legends (shabby) proplayer, for that game lived through years of design indecisions where they couldn't decide if the ability to Duo-Queue should stop at a certain high rank; and the 2016 season infamously pretty much allowed people to queue as a full team (5) and be treated the same as solo players.

As for the playerbase splitting concerns... Eh. I feel like Clans can still set up matches manually if they desire so.
  2. 2nd Balance Patch: design insights + full changelog

Javelins have felt really weak to me somehow... But you guys have the stats and I don't.
    I'm fairly fine with them being ineffective vs shields, in any case
  3. Do shields reduce weapon handling or swing speed?

Good question. When I'm not vs projectiles I put my shield on my back because it feels smoother (to use your 1hander), but I don't have actual data to back it up
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

I can't log into MP since the update, anyone else?
    Edit: Fixed mere instants after I posted.
  5. Two-Handed Speed Nerf When?

I'm ok with how fast 2h weapons can be. I'm not okay with how large the difference of speed is between a poorly-used 2h and a well-used 2h.

Of course skill should be rewarded but not with a deceptive difference of how fast a large weapon can be swung.
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

I'd love to play multiplayer on this beta, if servers were to open... and if a significant amount of players show up, which isn't a given.
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Buffed horses vs. spears?
    It's "only" the neck and head, but yeah...
    The target nerf was probably throwing spears (and throwables in general) dealing obscene damage to horses (and that's a good thing!)
    Hell at some point (keep in mind I haven't played in a while, but:smile: I was practicing with the Bastard Sword wielded 1-handed, and my thrusts (pierce damage) were dealing more damage to horses than I'd ever hoped to deal with a spear...

The spears/pikes have been buffed elsewhere in this patch, so hopefully it helps too.
  8. One of the most important aspects of Medieval life is missing in Mount and Blade: RELIGION

Eeh. Why not, but this is low priority in the grand scheme of things.

Calradia is a fictional setting. Inspired on the historical reality of medieval Eurasia/MENA ; but fictional still. It doesn't pretend to be historical.
  9. 1.5.7 and beyond

I don't dislike the direction but yeah I feel like the buffs to throwables (damage) weren't necessary. And I'm saying that as a filthy throwable enjoyer.
  10. Cav is OP -Lesler (LORD OF CAV)

From a game theory perspective:

I don't see it often mentioned, but cav are tanks (horse HP/armor, can park in front of people and be a meatwall), DPS (they have one-shot damage potential at speed, stab damage throughout a match, this is very high against bad players and on pub servers), opportunists (spawn camp, mobility to finish weak targets, ability to turn separated 1v1 or 2v2 into their teams favor, able to respawn the fastest, flanks), they're also the ONLY support class with hard CC with knockdowns, can bodyblock, and can capture flags.

All this to say, if cav ended up bottom frags in almost every game they played in, cav would still be 'good' due to the extreme number of additional tasks and unique value they can provide. In fact, it would be expected that this class have the least damage of all the classes (although a decent final blow count due to chase/opportunist potential).
    My thoughts exactly. Cav simply has too many advantages over infantry, which aren't reflected in their cost. And they basically have no "true" counter either (Throwing Spear also works on footmen and only kills the mount, not the player ; Foot Spear/Pike can still be a skill matchup with the cav player, who CHOOSES to engage into the counter ; Menavlion works since they can actually kill the rider after the horse-rearing, but then again Menavlions are laughably silly and only usable by one faction, thank god for that.)
  11. Discussion about cavalry balance and knock downs

I'm gonna piggyback a bit what's been said before: Cav may or may not be balanced, but it tends to induce a LOT of frustration to be a footman fighting a cavalryman. Good thing is, knockdown/stuns are a way to fix both balance and frustration, possibly.
    I won't try to suggest stupid things as I haven't been playing the last patch much (after binge-playing the previous one), so I can't give an educated enough opinion.
  12. Khuzait Nomad

NO ONLY FISTS SHOULD BE ALLOWED how bout that?

Caustic sarcasm won't change the fact that the game's health and enjoyment of the playerbase as a whole has a much higher priority than your power fantasy of swinging a grotesquely impractical weapon on horseback.
  13. Beta e1.5.5 Servers

Yeah, pretty empty indeed... Will try again tomorrow.
  14. Khuzait Nomad

All (non-spear) polearms should be disabled on horseback.
  15. Beta e1.5.5 Servers

The changes look good, I hope beta servers will be populated.
  16. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Allright, sorry, I'm gonna do it. I need to vent.

If I'm a solo player queueing for Skirmish I don't want to be against a 4+ clan. I don't ever want that.
    That's all.
  17. Server issues for french players.

Wow I thought I was going crazy. French as well, and two days ago I was having 90+ ping (but legit felt much, MUCH worse, trust me I'm an expert in having garbage ping) even though pinging any european website would return me the usual 24ms.
  18. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE ARCHER/CAV NERF PATCH

We need to stop pretending that Captain's Mode and Skirmish can be simultaneously balanced... Sad!

Balance around Skirmish mode. Then increase or decrease entity count to make Captain balanced as well. It's pretty darned simple.
  19. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE ARCHER/CAV NERF PATCH

If Captain mode needs a buff to cavalry then fine, increase the entity count per cav formation, and/or make the AI less of a potato.
    But aside from that, Cav certainly does not need any help and is basically only "countered" by the cav rider choosing to run into a player facing him with a spear/2hander and not getting the first blow in spite of cavalry weapons being longer than the average infantry weapon.
  20. What's the One Thing Now that would Reignite Your Passion and Interest in the Game?

The moment all Perks are functional, I'll be playing SP again. Keeping a wary eye on the patches.
Back
Top Bottom