Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Has anyone found the relevant lines for altering tax inefficiency in 3.8?
    I presume they're still in presentations.txt.
  2. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

The_dragon said:
    Vagnard said:
    Hello,
    I'd very much like to add my own custom made Musket to an existing Warband Module.
    I have finished the mesh and the textures and could already add the item to the game. Works fine sofar, even with added smoke effect.
    The only thing missing now is a proper firing sound, I'm still getting the crossbow one.
    I suppose you have to edit the sounds.txt of said module to include the desired .ogg from the sounds folder, but this is as far as I got.
    Help very much appreciated.

1.are you editing in module system right?
    2.post the code of your musket,so we can help you

Sorry, code's gone, my HD had Burnout Syndrome. What I did unitl then was to take a .brf from wafs, modify it to my liking with OpenBRF, then copy it and the needed textures to a Warbandmodule and finally make the desired item with Morghs Editor (txt-based). That gave me a working musket, only missing the firing sound. So, what would I do to assign a certain sound to this weapon or any weapon for that matter, since I might make more.
    If you need the code (from the item_kinds_1.txt?) from here on out, I'm going to remake it next WE and then post it here.
    Thanks for your time.
  3. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello,
    I'd very much like to add my own custom made Musket to an existing Warband Module.
    I have finished the mesh and the textures and could already add the item to the game. Works fine sofar, even with added smoke effect.
    The only thing missing now is a proper firing sound, I'm still getting the crossbow one.
    I suppose you have to edit the sounds.txt of said module to include the desired .ogg from the sounds folder, but this is as far as I got.
    Help very much appreciated.
  4. Extending the map in PoP

I think Tweak MB has an option to make the battlegrounds larger. It should be compatible with the latest release of PoP. Use at your own risk though.
  5. Help needed for my first run of this mod

Okay, a bit of early game advice:

- Where you start is irrelevant as you'll get a rendition of the same quest. Just be aware that certain choices during character creation may set you at odds with a faction. Find out which and make amends. It usually takes less than 1000 denars.

- Do the training field, it's easy experience

- Give the arena a go, it's hard but you have nothing to lose

- If you don't have them already, get a lance and a fast horse and start couching away, but....

- always check the enemy troop composition. Even pesky bandits have the occasional rouge knight, which will most certainly kill you and anything you could assemble at this point

- Outlaws, Bandits or Brigands are fair game, Vanskerry and Mystmountain not so much though not impossible

- try to get your companions together asap, maybe check the wiki and build your group accordingly. Some are expensive though.

- If you're not doing it yourself, make one low level companion a medic, another one a pathfinder, a third one a looter and a fourth one a trader (this is sort of a must)
      Doing it yourself will yield a leader bonus of up to +4 either to your skill directly or to the respective companion skill if higher, for all partyskills.

- don't recruit everything you see, mobility is highly important. Check the steppes, you'll know what I mean.

- take prisoners (a lot) and sell them for profit. Certain weapons like the blunt tip lance will aid you in your quest. The skill doesn't hurt either.

- recruit prisoners. Sell anything you don't need but try recruiting the good stuff. If you're having trouble figuring out what's good, look at the sell value of the troops and compare.
      You need some Persuasion for this to work on a reliable basis. Also some might escape at the break of night. If there are elite troops present which can't be recruited it will say so
      on the screen

- check the prisoner stack of enemy groups as you'll be able to recruit non-elite units from that if you win the battle. You can also join massive battles and pick at least one troop
      of every stack at the end of battle.

- both things deimoss said. The young xxx noble troop tree will come to an epic conclusion if you focus on the adventure aspect. Being a merc will pay your whole army's salary if you
      have leadership 5 or better. To become a merc, talk to a lord of any faction that is at war. Just be aware that after this, you'll be at war with them too.

As for best troops, I'm afraid there is no such thing. There are some troops that have an advantage in certain aspects of the game, but you'll figure that out yourself.
    For me it's more of a playing style question, so to each his/her own. My preference in the early game is to focus heavily on the mounted part, which will give you an "army" that does quite well against unmounted units i.e. the stuff you should be fighting in the beginning.

6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

FalconCo said:
    Is there any plans on implementing Diplomacy or parts of it to this mod?  I ask bc it seems it could take care of the 'diplomacy' part of the game since its such a great system, and the developers could continue to improve/add to pendor.  Dont get all butthurt over this question im not saying PoP is not good without it I just think its a great mod that could contribute to making pendor even better.

Parts of Diplomacy are already implemented, the rest would take some excessive coding, which the devs most likely don't have time for.
    The reason people get "butthurt" over this question is because it is asked at least once a week.  :mrgreen:
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

mymee said:
    And I got a question of my own, very nooby shoulda learned in native I know. When it comes to skills, is 10 the absolute maximum in terms of utility? Like what if I make my character the surgeon, give him 10 surgery, and get the +3 bonus for a total of 13 surgery. Do those extra 3 points matter, and do they add survival rates to my troops? If not then any companion can be a surgeon and it won't matter what I contribute right? Do all skills work this way, or not this way, however they work?

Partyskill bonuses are applied as shown in the partyscreen. Most skills scale to lvl 15, so 13 surgery works fine. The maximum bonus to achieve is +4. As far as I know it also works the other way around, i.e. your character contributing to companion partyskills.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

@Flammy

Once your relation with a minor faction exceeds a certain negative value, you will not be able to join them on the battlefield anymore. And since that's your only relation building option it will stay this way (except of course for the Noldor, that's a different case). Bandits, Jatu and alike are supposed to be hostile , just go with it.
    It's not impossible to do what you asked, but you have to start early on and be very consistent about it.

The only time you gain relations by releasing prisoners is when you release Noldor captives which is done through dialogue (talk to them in the party screen).
    Disbanding Prisoners does nothing good for you (except getting rid of the prisoner obviously)

Noldor stuff isn't necessarily better than other items, just compare them. There is also no apparent reason to hold on to stuff you or your companions are propably not going to use, just because it's Noldor.

@ mTk

As far as I know unique spawns cannot be killed by AI Lords. Or at least that never happend to me on several dozend occasions. If you read something like "XXX got defeated but managed to escape" they propably will return or at least have a chance to do so. Not all Uniques hit you multiple times in one game.
    Also 5 unique spawns in a 1200 day game sounds a little scarce to me. Try getting more rumors from Travelers, Stewards and most important other Lords. That should do the trick.

And finally, there's a surprise waiting to be found in the city of Rane.
  9. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Something I just remembered:

I often find myself using TweakMB to circumvent the possible stat-loss after day 700 so-and-so. Would you maybe consider to make this tweak part of the mod?
    In my opinion it makes a lot of sense since PoP games tend to be a "bit" longer than the average vanilla game (at least the successfull ones  :mrgreen:).
  10. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Great!

Definitely a reason to start over once again.
    Time to finish my WaFS game I guess.  :mrgreen:
  11. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Glad to see 3.x still receives so much attention.

Just one question:
    Will 3.5 mainly be a "cosmetic" update or will there be some new gameplay mechanics or elements?
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Weird. That never happend to me. Maybe your Ironflesh Skill was already at 10, that's the cap.

Anyhow, since you already have the achievement on the respective page, I guess it's ok to export your char, edit the stat (just the one  :mrgreen: )and import again if you feel that
    Azi Dahaka betrayed you.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Did you initiate the fight against the army? If you join in on an existing battle and win it, it won't trigger the achievment as far as I know.
  14. SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

oroboros said:
    There are some minor bugs but they are by far outweighed by the new features the dev team has built in. It is very stable, as stable as the original. I had a few games in the hundreds of days with the longest being a little more than 500 days. There is no wiki, simply go to page 1 of this thread in order to get an overview of the features that are in this mod.

Very well, you convinced me.  :mrgreen:
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Mrshull said:
    :neutral:where does Eyegrim the Devourer usually spawn at?
    Also how do I increase income and prosperity on all my stuff I built everything and I'm still at above average do I need to?

In my games Eyegrim usually spawns along the (original) border between the Fierdsvain and Sarleon.
    As for your villages: Did you really build everything? Training the village steward will unlock new buildings dependent on your skills. Especially villages and towns have a lot of buildoptions and it really takes some time to build all of them.
    Other possible reasons for low prosperity are a recent looting of the village by an enemy lord (that really sets them back) or a recent bandit infestation (if you don't act quick the village will periodically loose prosperity).
    To actively increase prosperity you can do village elder quests and make sure the respective farmer groups reach their destination.

EDIT: Question: how much renown is required to join a tournament? and while you are at it  :roll: what do you think of those?

I think it's around 150, so not that much really. If you want my opinion on that, do as many as you can. If you win you get renown, honour, relations with the hosting town and 2500 denars cash plus the amount that you have bet on yourself which can go as high as 19900. Also there is a slim chance to win a decent random item, mostly armor. And if that's not enough, two achievements revolve around winning tournaments. All you really need to win is a mid-level fighting character and you're good to go.
    Some tournaments are easier than others, try starting out in Sarleon and avoid the Fierdsvain area. Also some regions cater to personal needs, so if you want lots of bows go D'schar, for javelins go Empire and if you want to lose go Noldor  :mrgreen:
  16. SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

Hello,

I'm currently planning to play a modded WFaS game soon and this mod here looks very promising. However I noticed the beta status so I'd very much like to know what I am to expect regarding the stability of this mod. Any major i.e gamebreaking bugs or just some minor glitches and alike? Has anyone played through a "whole" game yet?
    Also, if someone could point me to a wiki or some sort of knowledge database for this mod (if existing) that would be great.

Anyway, your effort to make WaFS an enjoyable game is greatly appreciated.  :grin:
  17. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

If you have "Enable Cheats" activated on the Game Launcher you can use the key combo Ctrl+t (sorry for earlier, it's "Strg" on German keyboards  :mrgreen:) to show the position of any army on the whole map. You can use it to find Oswald if he's no longer in the aforementioned area. Just be aware that certain "stronger" cheats will disable the ingame achievements of PoP. Of course you can always find him the old fashioned way if you don't want to risk it.
  18. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

For that particular hideout, you're screwed.
    However you most likely have another shot since the hideout will respawn if you keep talking to the travelers in the taverns (the same way you got it in the first place)
    No guarantees for the Qualis gem though, the loot generated for this new mission could override the old. Still worth trying.
  19. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

@ Mrshull

1. I'm guessing the 1200 soldiers were the result of a campain i.e. you had some friendly lords with you. If all the soldiers from your own army (that includes you yourself) have been knocked out or killed you will get captured when you tab out of battle.

2. That's gone as far as I know but you can always have some extra arrow packs ready and then exchange them.

3. Prisoners will eventually break out although it really takes them some time especially if you have the Prison Tower built.

4. Zero relations will suffice. The only orders you can't join directly from the beginning are Dawn and Eventide (aside from the orders that haven't been built yet obviously). If your ready to join look for order "representatives" in taverns (or the castle/town where you founded them) and join via dialogue. Some might have some honour requirements but I'm not really sure.

5. Right after the message appears Oswald tends to be in the upper Fierdsvain/Ravenstern area (depends on your cameraangle but generally he's where the kingdoms meet).
    If it has been some time since he appeared he can practically be anywhere.
    If your really desperate, have a quick look with Strg+T. It's not considered a cheat.
  20. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

My issue is that in this game noldors are almost not spawning, making it hell to rising relations with them
    And from what I understand, this thing cannot modify saved games

Most Noldor Patrols spawn during the weekly payday. If you have not encountered any so far they most likely got beat by a Sarleon or Empire Lord. Check back regularly and you should find the occasional Patrol. Also, asking for rumors will help increase the spawn propability.

You can always hit Ctrl+t if you can't find one, just to be sure.

Concerning the editor, it will partly work on savegames though I'm fairly certain that the faction relations are the part that won't. ^^
    If you're planning on using it you will have to start over.
Back
Top Bottom