Search results for query: *

1. Ursethorn

Campaign fixes that should not have been needed to start with

A little tale to this topic from my Story in VC: I captured the king of one faction by killing and slaving his whole army. After this victory I had to do the quest where you have to defend a castle for 30 days. During these days I released him and just before the time ran out he attacked me with his 300+ army to take the castle and eventually let me fail the quest. So he recruited back his full army (same for his lords) within a few days, while I have only one city where I can recruit because the others dont like me.

As far as my little knowlege goes the lords had a few good trained men (the Huskarls) to protect them and their castles at all times and the Fyrd for war.

So a recruiting system where you get some elite troops from your own castles and a mixed composition from all the villages and citys seems historical ok for me.

Since a Developer just replied: You have done great work, after the latest patch I dont have any big bugs or problems anymore, wich was faster then most big AAA Developers can deliver.
  2. Ursethorn

Campaign fixes that should not have been needed to start with

About the replenishing of Troops for the player and the lords:

Some of you might know the mod "1257 ad" and the "lance recruitment system" wich it uses. This recruitment system is (at least for me) a huge bonus in playability and fun.
    It even is developed to be more realistic than the normal system. I would love to use this system in VC, or maybe if this one is too much oriented on the feudal time a similar version of it. Maybe ask the Creator (I think it was DrThomas)  :wink:

For those who doesnt know it here is the official description from the mods site:
    Lance is a new recruiting system that tries to simulate medieval recruitment. In the Middle Age, lords recruited soldiers from their fiefs and not for a very long time.
    Here's a good explanation by DrThomas:

Feudal lance system mechanics:
    If you are fiefless lord:
    You will be able to recruit mercenaries from taverns cheaper.
    Your unit upkeep will be lowered.
    You won't be able to recruit units from fiefs

If you are lord with a fief:
    You will be able to recruit lances(each lance - 10men) from your fief.
    In times of war, recruiting lances does not cost anything.
    In times of peace your troop upkeep will be increased.
    Castle/Town garrisons will automatically recruit units. Currently the player has no control over it. There upkeep will not be payed from players purse.
    Lances composition are based on the centers prosperity.

General things:
    NPC lord uses lances for there recruitment as well.
    Each fief can have up to 14 lances. Except at the beginning of the game - this so the lords could successfully make parties at the beginning of the game without the need to wait for a few weeks.
    Each center refills one lance each week.
  3. Ursethorn

Stuck in main story.

Hey,

I´m stuck at this quest too (the problem with the wrong faction holding the city and I´m not in war with them) BUT in my case this faction is Northhymbre wich makes it quite silly and complicated to start a war with them.

Edit: actually Nothhymbre is supposed to hold it, but then the quest doesnt work right?

Is there a way to just change the occupation of the city in the game data?

Loved the game so far, though I have quite a long neck by now from overlooking all the bugs.
  4. Ursethorn

Fighting On Foot-

I´m fighting on horse nearly all the time just to have a better overview to lead my cavalry behind to the enemy archers etc. only when they have a very strong infantry and my footsoldiers are getting stomped I dismount and attack them from the side or the rear with a twohanded Axe. The advantage of dismounting is that you can kill attacking enemys a bit faster and dont need to worry about your horse.
    On the other hand on horse you are better against other mounted fighters and archers, dont get surrounded so fast and if its not instand death. For me it works better on horse specally when I´m the only survivor or just have some archers left. In this case you can ride around the enemys and just kill everyone who steps out of the formation without getting hit at all. (using a lance and a twohanded axe or a onehanded/twohanded swort with a lot of reach)
    Besides I use the unarmored fast horses mostly because you just dont get hit that much and can couch your lance faster.

Sometimes the emey infantry is retreating from me as soon as i approach them so I need a horse to keep up and be able to fight. 
  5. Ursethorn

improve the fortifications of a castle

Does this quite costly option give me a bonus when it comes to a siege? When I get besieged I always let my men fight without me because its faster and they can beat like 3 times the enemys. Or does it just add banners like I read in the only regarding post I could find? I´m talking about a...
  6. Ursethorn

Delete some factions to make it run better? Stuttering on Worldmap...

Thank you for the reply.

Meanwhile I tested some things and I´m not 100% sure if it made it better or if I just get used to the pace but I forced Vsync and it seems to be better now.

I cant support the Idea of making every faction evenly strong, I like it how the mighty realms are able to crush the smaller ones :wink:

By now I´m about to start my own Kingdom so its totally playable (I´m reading Game of Thrones during the loading and long travelling).

7. Ursethorn

I tried it with version 1.143 and there is no difference.

Just tried Native again and there it runs smoothly. So i come back to my first question, even if it is madness and blasphemy: can I delete some factions completly?
  8. Ursethorn

Thank you for the quick reply!

I just installed it, M&B Warband the newest version and the SVN of 1257 AD. I played it a long while ago and I think it was running better at that state.
    I even did half of the "fix for some crashes" because I have a crash from time to time.

So there seems to be a problem. But what could it be?
  9. Ursethorn

I´m really sorry to even ask this, because its cruel and not constructive BUT I love this mod and want to play it. So is there a not too complicated way to delete some factions with all theire lords and lands? Just for an example I want to delete the whole south of france, eraze the factions...
  10. Ursethorn

Castle builders and angry peasants.

I just tried to conquer Nidaros (Norway, in the very north of the map) an the AI had some problems during the battle.
    1. My troops couldn´t realy go up to the wall. I think because the round hole only has a very small way where you can go up.
    Some of them managed, but only one every 10 seconds, so he got slaughtert immedeately.
    2. Lots of the enemy troops got stuck on the other side of the wall and didn´t realy defend themselves when I hacked them down with my Sword.
    3. Also the steps in the left of the Gangway up to the wall. (looking from the outside) has an edge on the last step so, the AI can´t use it, I could, but they got stuck there too.

Another "ladder" would be very nice, I had a battle with 430 troops on each side there an it took hours until I got up alone and killed all the enemys stuck in the wall.

All the other Fortresses I saw are wonderfull!
  11. Ursethorn

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Great Mod!
    ...a Question about marriage: I have my own faction and tried to marry a Lady of the HRE, everything went fine and now I have the Quest to wait for the marriage until the preperations are done.
    My question is: Will the preperations ever be done, or does the Lady never mary me because I´m not of her faction.
    btw her father tells me, that I need to wait, until the realm isn´t anymore on camapain.

If she never will mary me, can I cheat ore tweak her to do so? I think it will take ages until I got a Lord with a daughter in my faction...

Sorry wrong Thread

But I got a Bug also, my recruiter is standing at the same position for months and is recruiting no one. Doesn´t matter what I tell him. ...sometimes it works for new recruiters.

thanks for help
  12. Ursethorn

News: Date next release 1.3 version

Sitting on the Computer on Hawaii... For me its ok, I´m in the North of this Worldmap and its raining all day. ...and night.
    Haha yes, someone call the press. This is a drama.
    and we have broken down repository, so it could not even been uploadet yet.
  13. Ursethorn

How'd you mix your troops?

It is, but each one of them is worth 10 normal soldiers. Exeptions are the high trained saxons and engels, but they are very expensive too. At the moment I dont have to worry about my money, because I traidet a bit and caught a King, the ransom was very good.
  14. Ursethorn

Praise

Amazing Work!
    Another Point I like very much are the tournements. Normaly I used them to gain Money and renown easy, but now, I have no chance at the beginning and get crushed in the very first round. I´m really feeling the strength of the rich Knights and Lords and their Warhorses.
  15. Ursethorn

How'd you mix your troops?

Cavalry is not that bad, I´m a Lord of Desmumu and using about 50% Cavalry (Curradhs and Teulus) and I can say they are very effective! If I bring them to the back of the enemys and let them charge, in most cases I have won imediately and they are just hunting down the fleeing rest.
    Also when the horses are killed or in sieges, the Cavalry Units are very strong soldiers.
  16. Ursethorn

News: Date next release 1.3 version

These numbers are saying it all. Brytenwalda is such a good work! Never saw another mod, that excellent.
  17. Ursethorn

Castle builders and angry peasants.

Hey,
    very great Work! Is there anywhere a list of the new castles? So I know which ones I need to attack, to see more of your excellent Buildings?

These centuries are my favorite time period, though I´m playing Brytenwalda at the moment, because its very advanced and has lots of cool features.

Keep on
  18. Ursethorn

BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.21

I just got an other idea:

whould it be possible to make the worldmap looking better. Its so angular (edged) and trist. I saw a screenshot of a modified map anywhere, with better looking textures.

...and could the point of the compass be changed that it is like in real, I´m turning my Worldmap around, everytime I start the game.

Great Work, I´m looking forward to the next release!
  19. Ursethorn

Also I have a problem with a ship.

I think its just fine how it is, so you can sail rivers too. When you disembark again, you are on the other side.

Think of it like your men are taking the ship out of the water and carrying it to the other side of the bridge.
  20. Ursethorn

For the ones who can not recruit troops, check your treasury if there is enough gold in it. You need to talk to the chamberlain.

Suggestions:

1. Edit the name of the Axe in the turney, that replaced the two handet sword, because it is still called sword.
    2. I am trying to defend Cill Dara, but the enemy troops are faster on the wall then my own, because my troops are starting behind this door in the center of the town. I dont like that, make even the garrison start on the wall please!

Good Work, keep on.
Back
Top Bottom