Recent content by WuTaNiSt

1. WuTaNiSt

Serious issue please help!!!

TheGreatGold said:
    Ok, i already started a new game.
    But can someone explain how a save file can get corrupt?

Evil gremlins snuck in through the back of your computer & pissed on it.
  2. WuTaNiSt

Whatever Part of the World Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Owns Right Now.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    crodio said:
    Cant handle sum bant m8?

I lobe banter, so suck it up you ****ing gay twat.
    We're fantastic at sport, just so happens that the rugby and football usually run away from us. Do I have to remind you of the tennis, athletics and cricket records?

No, twat.
    Beer.
    Twat. 
    Punch.

I love Doc's posts.

Do you really want to claim tennis? Given that the current British women's no1 was born in Australia to Hungarian parents, and of the last 3 good male players, Murray is very definitely a Scot, hence why half of England hates him & Rusedski was really Canadian, leaving Tim Henman, renowned for losing in quarter finals even in minor tournaments.
  3. WuTaNiSt

Who decides what's a sport? The High Court is currently deciding a case on whether bridge (yes, the card game) is a recognised sport or not. Dressage & rhythmic gymnastics are in the Olympics. If archery & shooting are in the olympics, why not darts when it's so similar in concept?

Also, we're relatively non-**** at field hockey.
  4. WuTaNiSt

Docm30 said:
    I ask this with genuine sincerity. Are the English good at any sport? Because it really seems like they're not.

Darts. The only world class foreigners I can think of are van Gerwen & Whitlock. Barney's well past his best now.
  5. WuTaNiSt

Football and/or Soccer Thread

Anyone else see Mourinho's post match interview just now? I haven't seen a man self-destruct so spectacularly on live TV since Nick Griffin on Question Time a few years ago. The levels of delusion & paranoia were stunning.
  6. WuTaNiSt

Normal to trade a lot?

fidoman1272 said:
    My method for early game is to, while using the 6 looting starting character, take out vanskerries.

With a lance, 3 shields and a bit lot of patience, you can ride around them until they run out of axes, take out the archers, and sell the loot for enterprise money.

Within 50-100 days I usually have enterprises everywhere, my companions all in my party and I'm at about level 20 due to killing all those vanskerries.

Do it with a jousting lance & you get prisoners to sell too. You don't even need the extra shields if you're careful & have a good fast horse. I always find that I'm far more likely to have my horse cut down when I close in than I am to eat an axe at range.
  7. WuTaNiSt

Football and/or Soccer Thread

Great time to be a Southampton fan though. Highest premier league finish, highest points total & assuming Arsenal win the FA cup, european qualification for only the second time since the 1980s. And Pompey languishing all the way back in league 2 makes it all the sweeter.
  8. WuTaNiSt

Napoleonic Britain questions

Captured Joe said:
    Was the Royal Americans the fancy name of the 60th rifles or am I confusing units here?

Yeah, they were the 60th (Royal American) Regiment but originally the first four battalions were musket armed regulars. The 5th battalion was raised later on as a purely rifle battalion & served with Wellington in the Peninsular war. So if you're talking about the 60th Rifles in the Peninsular war, they're formally the 5th Battalion of the 60th (Royal American) Regiment.
  9. WuTaNiSt

World News Today, brought to you by TW

It's an outright majority now. I really don't think I can stand another five years of hearing "long term economic plan" repeated ad nauseam, regardless of its relevance to the topic at hand.

10. WuTaNiSt

Singleplayer getting dull?

At the end of the day, no game, no matter how good is going to maintain your interest indefinitely. There are only so many different ways you can play a game before you start repeating yourself, only so many house rules you can use to before they narrow the experience to an un-fun degree.

The cut-off point will be different for everyone - the sort of challenges & speed runs bakters does sound horribly un-fun to me but for him they put some interest back into the game, whereas I found keeping notes for an AAR helped me maintain a loose sort of narrative during my last few games, even though I never actually wrote them up - but eventually you are going to run out of ways to freshen up your experience. It happens.

If playing is starting to feel like a chore, it's time to move on. Play other games, do other things. You'll probably come back at some point. At some point you may come to the conclusion that you probably won't come back to it again. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I had some great fun with warband, left it & came back to it a few times but eventually I just got tired of the basic fundamental gameplay. I'd rather not ruin the good memories by forcing myself to play a game that I enjoy far less than I used to.

tl/dr : try mods, try multiplayer, try house rules but if that doesn't bring the fun back, don't be afraid to take a break. And as long as you feel like you got your money's worth, don't feel too bad even if you never come back to it.
  11. WuTaNiSt

Post Difficult Questions Here

Taleworlds doesn't compare too badly actually. TWC has 12,777,431 posts and 407,752 members for much bigger games. And despite the people who whine about grandmaster knight conspiracies I always thought TWC was way more elitist than here
  12. WuTaNiSt

Lore question:why are qualis gems needed to create an order?

iskar said:
    They are very rare and therefore simply possessing them confers a certain authority to their owner - authority needed for example by the grandmaster/chapter commander of an order.
    Pending another explanation by SD, I daresay you can think of the Qualis gems as the authority-equivalent of the Gold reserves of the great banks - you/the order you found don't/doesn't need to spend it to use it's value/worth.

Or perhaps more like holy relics in the middle ages: functionally useless, but excellent for awing the peasants, inspiring the soldiers, swindling the merchants & inspiring jealousy in foreign nobles/rival orders.
  13. WuTaNiSt

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I'd imagine that some of the confusion also comes from the fact that it's so rare to see prophesy used in the present tense rather than the past ie. "the prophesied hero" and that sort of thing.
  14. WuTaNiSt

If you're a general/king how will you equip and organise your foot-soldiers?

Rhodokguard said:
    I thought 2 men per cannon would do.

Not even close. If necessary, a napoleonic era cannon could be fired & reloaded by one man, but he'll have trouble even getting it back in position for the second shot & it'll be very slow.

You're more likely looking at something in the region of 20 or more men per gun in an artillery unit, although thats for the whole battery or company, not just the gunners themselves.

An example: Talavera, 1809. Wellington had 30 guns in 5 batteries which between them came to just over a thousand men, that's more than 30 per gun. Cuesta had 800 men with 30 guns, about 26 per gun. The French had 80 guns with 2000 men so 25 per gun.
  15. WuTaNiSt

item_kinds1.txt - can someone show me how to find an item's flags?

Use morghs. You don't need python, it works just fine on the text files & you can set whatever flags & values you want
Back
Top Bottom