Recent content by Wayfarer

1. Wayfarer

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Hopefully this doesn't just get buried, and/or others also suggest it.

Please give us shield bashing Thank you :grin:

P.S. I am very excited for Bannerlord.  It will be majestic.
  2. Wayfarer

How do you get by? im struggling in VC

It's certainly harder than it used to be.  Keeping low numbers of troops, levelling them up, picking your fights carefully and keeping aware of enemies while you're travelling is pretty important I think.  Trading can work, as you say though it's a bit hit-and-miss where you go to "talk to traders" as to the possibilities.  And it takes a long time irl.  Enterprises are good, but take a LOT to set up in VC, so the pay-off is a ways down the track.  Raiding can be lucrative, but makes everyone hate ya....so can be harder down the track, too.

What I've found that works fairly well beyond the occasional trading and obvious bandit fights:  Tournaments.  If you bet maximum each time and win, it's a decent payout and also you can sometimes get good gear.  Also good for relations with towns.  My current game char has nice mail and made lots of money that way.  You've gotta win though, which, like trading, can be very hit-and-miss depending on agro.  Always get your team to follow you instead of running off in separate directions to get beat down...
  3. Wayfarer

Battle of Aescesdun help?

I've had troubles with it too, but from the other side.  By the time I did it my character was certainly not a weakling nor wearing just a shirt.  I tend to always have it on "easy" setting, too.  Just seems no end to the enemies!!!  And the AI just keep always moving forward and messing up my way of winning by simply holding the line steady.

Am I missing something, are you supposed to do something else?
  4. Wayfarer

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

kraggrim said:
    Wayfarer, not that I know off, but if you have a backed up pre-2.0 version it shouldn't be too hard, use OpenBRF and Morgh's Editor.

Yeah that's how I thought to do it, too.  I do still (luckily) have the installers for the older versions kicking around.  Without knowing if I could get 'em again, that's a good thing of having a cluttered downloads directory :wink:

At some point I'll have a go, post up whatever I can for dl.  That Godelic Axe from .02 was cool.
  5. Wayfarer

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Has anyone re-implemented changed/removed items from previous versions?
  6. Wayfarer

Please put a "Are you Sure?" button on things...for example....

Too bad if you're playing "Realistic!" save option.  Which is good for a challenge...but unforseen stupidity/mistakes sorta thing can ruin that fun challenge.

Yep this would be a good thing to add!!
  7. Wayfarer

Better Shield Patterns and Colors for Basic Troops

Volund said:
    Where do you get your music from? I find most Viking themed metal doesn't really suit the game.
    So far I've got Wardruna, Gjallarhorn, and some of the more folky/clean sung stuff from Manegarm.

Battle Lines, by Wodensthrone, just for the intro is great at the start of the battles when both sides approach each other....  But yeah, for the immersion-factor, metal doesn't necessarily suit  :wink:

This is a cool mod.  Uniformity can be argued both good and bad I think.  There's times I turn off the ultra-glow banners because they're in my face and annoying - those times I don't need 'em as much or just decide I don't care enough hehe.  But other times, they're very useful.  So colour-schemed shields would definitely help with that!
  8. Wayfarer

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

For other people who've bought the GOG version....just give up on their downloads, they're always still marching to the field when all the other armies are there and fighting already.

I don't actually know if their downloads are updated to RE, I haven't tried, just use your key from them and download from Taleworlds direct.
  9. Wayfarer

Reforged Edition Released!

The notes say save compatible but some new features need a new game.  That's fine, I'll probably start new anyways, but I'm just curious, is it known if that's a definite thing or will an old save "catch up" as it were to activate new features?
  10. Wayfarer

Want to read a BOOK? Like VIKING CONQUEST? Come here!

My mental picture of Uhtred has always been somewhat indistinct.  I imagine it as a wolf's face kind of drawn/etched/made with silver in the forehead/crown.  Or perhaps even like a little wolf on the top of it.

I'm currently about 40% through Pagan Lord.  Was a pretty cool turn of events......but now what, Uhtred, now what!!!
  11. Wayfarer

Where do you start your own Kingdom?

In my game my Kingdom consists of Dun Breatann and Cell Rigmonaid.  They're fairly close together so running back and forth isn't too bad and being ports on both sides is very handy.
  12. Wayfarer

Companions vs Lords

Yeah..they will follow your orders, but not if the odds are against them and not if there's easy prey, like farmers.  Because spending a day chasing a group of farmers, at a speed just a bit higher than them, is a better use of the lord's time than sitting with you besieging a key stronghold, didn't you know?
  13. Wayfarer

Companions vs Lords

I don't think you can return them to companion status, either.  You can take the fief of them but then I suppose they're a still a lord, albeit a landless one.  So even less useful.
  14. Wayfarer

Companions vs Lords

In my game I gave Helgi a fief just because, something of an experiment, and from a "power gamer" point of view it was a poor move.  He'd levelled up some, I dunno what level etc. but can't have been too high I suppose.  He didn't do a lot other than get beat up :razz:  We were best mates though  :iamamoron:

I kinda think it's better to keep them in your party.  Having said that, it is cool to have them as lords, but like Kalarhan said, gotta put the time and effort into levelling them first.  Oh and another thing, you get negatives from what seems like every other lord because you gave land to a "commoner".  At least in Helgi's case.
  15. Wayfarer

Wait..what..? Aftermath of Douar-an-Enez

kraggrim said:
    Same happened to me, I used the save editor to switch it back since I couldn't renounce my allegiance and take it back by force. I was part of Northymbria at the time though so different situation.

Oh yeah, save editor!  I forgot about that.  Awesome, thanks for the idea.

Used to be I was part of Northymbra too, but well, I didn't like not receiving what was mine by right of conquest....

EDIT:  Where do I find towns and who they belong to in the editor?
Back
Top Bottom