Recent content by Vendayn

1. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Thanks for the help :smile: I got it to work.

There was a new save file left over from warsword conquest (just vanilla warsword without this submod) that was still in the save folder. So I deleted that. I also renamed the module folder to Warsword Rigale like recommended in the opening post.

And now it saves properly :smile:
  2. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

I found a link to something called

Warsword_Rigale_I0_Prospection_patch_a

Which looks newer than what is on the main post. The files were newer too. Maybe not, dunno

But, I still can't save. It says error unable to save, in big red letters.

Every other mod isn't having that issue, and I can play warsword just fine...it only happens after putting this mod in (and new game obviously)
  3. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

I downloaded Warsword Conquest full from May 29 2016 (no patches)
    Downloaded this mod
    Put warsword conquest into the module folder.
    Overwrote this submods files into warsword conquest folder

And, the game works. But it keeps saying "Error unable to save game" and I can't get a game to be saved. I tried manually saving, it said unable to save, but also said it saved. But there is no save file. But everything works in-game, towns etc and even battles work. But it won't save.

I tried Phosphor, and that saves fine. And other mods don't have that issue.

Is there a reason this submod for warsword won't let me save the game? I'm guessing I installed it wrong? Not sure. Did I download the wrong version of warsword conquest?
  4. [WB][S][TC]EmpireIV Ver. 1.0 [WSE for EmpireIII 64 bit OS required]

In character creator, there is a semi-built in"cheat". You can keep getting the 2000 gold, press back and get it again. I ended up getting 38k gold lol. I started over to play legit, but I thought it was kinda funny. Thought I'd post it as a heads up to maybe get fixed in the future. Maybe remove the back button at that screen once you select what you want to start with.

Also, it works with all the items, not just the gold.
  5. renovating the aztec cities

Quintillius said:
    v4.0 adds features for players joining the Acztaoc:
    - You can access marketplaces and such
    - You can hold a rank named after an animal, for example; Crocodile John
    - You're required to exchange your cursed mainland gold coins for Acztaoc currency; cocoa beans.
    - Take people prisoner in battle and exchange them for cocoa beans at any town + prestige and other
    lovely bonuses

Just a question for you though. Playing the Aztecs in eu4 is very slow, isn't it?

That sounds pretty cool

And yeah, natives are pretty slow going in EU4 all the way till endgame. It speeds up once you fight Castille (Spain), with the attempt to kick him out of the americas. Which is insanely difficult and requires a lot of luck and good RNG. Afterwards if successful, the goal is either to unite the americas or/and conquer Europe (which is incredibly hard as the natives as well since its a huge ocean to cross).  A very difficult area to start in, though once you secure the americas it becomes a lot harder for europeans to take it over in EU4.
  6. The steam version is bugged for colonies - Also aztec bugged

Well, made a new character using the moddb version. Cheated up a colony just to test it, and it works. Maybe my download from steam got corrupted (it had weird things going on besides the colony, like any time I got on my ship got error messages, my moddb version doesn't do that). I always have issues with steamworkshop mods lol. Or maybe I did something wrong and I just had to make a new character.
  7. The steam version is bugged for colonies - Also aztec bugged

I made a colony, and made three houses+well. But only 5 population cap. It did say 10 population (it never went to 15 like it should have), but then it reset to 5...won't go up or down. Also, even when it said 10, no one would want to join my colony, they all said they have a life where they are...
  8. renovating the aztec cities

Is it worthwhile to join the aztecs? Enough features for them to be playable? In EU4 (Europa Universalis 4), my favorite guys by far to play are the aztecs and incas. I really love the history of them, and its always fun being the natives who in history got defeated, but instead winning against the conquistadors. I know different games and totally different map, but I always love playing natives in strategy games if given a choice.
  9. Dev 1257 - Othr's version taken from SVN

Jason L. said:
    Good thought. I have to say though that to my opinion Othr's version (at least the last SUV) was very far from being finished. He was in the middle of something regarding the damage system for example that was never finished. I don't remember if he had fixed the crossing the Iberian peninsula rivers bug. In an older post of mine I reported some issues. So I stopped playing that a long time ago. I also don't understand why you say that the 1257 AD (final version by Dr.Tomas) isn't stable .... It works perfect for me.

First to Gongo, I dunno how old saves would work. You probably need to start again, unless you made a save a long time ago with this particular version of Othr's.

I guess my experience is different for some reason. I've been playing DrTomas version on the side and my main thing is the battles (which is main part of Mount and Blade, 95% is all battles) are kinda not my thing. Any mod, no matter what it is...if I have to be the one to initiate combat and if I don't the AI just stands in one place walking back and forth...that really ruins it for me.

Though DrTomas version IS more...I can't think of the exact word...but...it is a lot more precise and more finished. More stable I guess. It doesn't have unfinished features. I never noticed Othr's combat damage being an issue though, maybe I just haven't noticed...hey...I spent 800 hours (according to steam) never knowing you can command troops in tournaments :razz:

In truth, I plan to just play both versions...they are both rather night and day differences.
  10. Dev 1257 - Othr's version taken from SVN

Also, I made a post with a link a long time back of Dev 1257. I might have even made a thread. But, it was a long time ago and I removed the file from my mega.co at some point (forgot why I did that to begin with). In any case...

Hope at least one of you likes Othr's version. He kind of just abandoned it, but it was pretty complete as it was. Nothing game breaking from what I've played. Factions get defeated properly in my 100+ hours of playing. Though one person said this wasn't the case for him, maybe its random or something. I personally never saw a faction get stuck in limbo...but I'll just leave it as a warning in case.

I personally find it a lot less buggy, and the battles are a lot better. Plus map has a lot more life, and more tactical. Its really nice welsh/navarrae actually stand a chance too, instead of always being pwned.
  11. Dev 1257 - Othr's version taken from SVN

I have uploaded Othr's version of 1257 to my mega.co account. And as a warning, since its over 1gb (2gb zip file) it will probably ask to install a lame addon for your browser. Dunno why they suddenly added one in recent months...but oh well. Its only upload site (I could use Nexus, but it isn't...
  12. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

how do you open the army design menu? I opened it to check it out, but now I can't open it again and I never actually designed the army. And I don't want to start over, as I'm really doing good on my aztec game. I may just be missing an obvious menu option lol
  13. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

I'm really loving it.

I decided to be the Aztecs. I like the idea of kicking the Spanish out, conquering the entire western world...and then raiding across the ocean the land of africa and europe and maybe into asia. Sorta like europa universalis 3 with the random aztecs :razz: Plus, if we have the entire land mass...it would be REALLY hard for anyone to travel over to take anything. It would be a huge journey, and you lose morale for being too long out at sea (think AI is effected too, dunno though). Still a long journey, with no safe areas to land.

At least the 1.6 version I have, isn't entirely finished. Incas are named wrong (probably easy enough to fix, its just a faction name change) and some things are still in testing mode. But, guess its an in development mod (though with that said, it has a TON of stuff and is pretty advanced).

My first fort battle was pretty epic. I decided to get all the other lords and attack that spanish fort on aztec's shores. Spanish can't really defend it (all their lords are mostly in europe)...so actually "easy pickings"

Huge thick line of Spanish musketeers on the wall, and my waves of Aztecs swarming toward them. Playing at 500 battle size. Aztecs dying all around, I stay back so I can just watch whats going on (me being morale support :razz:)...aztecs reach the ladders...being decimated on the way up.

But, finally the first Aztecs reach the top of the walls. Spanish front line gets decimated. Not good close fighters I guess or Aztecs are just better. I then follow up, but even though we heavily outnumber the Spanish and breached the wall...its still a blood bath of hundreds of Aztecs dying.

45-50 minutes into the battle, many dead, many wounded...we finally take their fort. But that was epic, like a movie battle. So many died from their guns.

So, now whats left is Mayans (but they are easy pickings), Incas and the natives of north america. Plus some islands with spanish on them.

Tons of fun :grin:
  14. Blood loss

Yeah, id like to remove it too. Its annoying.
  15. WIP - Information on minor factions

iStealth2387 said:
    Vendayn said:
    So, for Kolkar...to get max rank takes over 300k! of experience. Very hard to accomplish. But, for testing reasons I just cheated it out since I'm going to start over with a real character. You do get an amazing bow and armor+shield...melee weapon is a mace, but the real one is the bow.

Crusaders actually are able to kill a lot of Kolkar, but they take heavy losses. It seems though any strong cavalry can do heavy damage to Kolkar...so swadia (major faction) is probably a good choice if they still live to Kolkar era. Or any other cavalry focused faction.

Out of all the minor factions. Even if Kolkar were balanced. I actually like Crusaders and Asharions the best. Kolkar for me, are better to up against than with.

In my experience, the Order of the Sun (Crusaders) are able to do a lot of damage in field battles because they have such good heavy calvary (Paladins, Templars, and Crusaders). The annoying thing about the Swadians is that they get eliminated so fast. At the start of the game they have to deal with Nords, Khergits, Vaegirs, and Rhodoks on their borders. Then the Highlanders and the Balion Republic show up and start taking ****. They had half of all of their initial territories gone by day 150 in my playthrough. I just hope that somewhere in my game the Kolkar will show up. I had planned to join them as a vassal early on and maybe have them conquer all of Calradia...

I forgot the chance percent. But it seems some minor factions (or all? yet to know) rely on character level. So when you are level 20 and higher, it starts having a chance of having Kolkar show up.

It does explain why after a certain point, all the "best" minor factions appeared...Crusaders, Kolkar, Balion, Geroia all in a short time period from each other (Kolkar were last though). It isn't actually days for those ones...but both days and level.

Though it seems highlanders show up even if my character is level 1, so maybe just some minors rely on character level. Or maybe its just Kolkar as they are most powerful.
Back
Top Bottom