Recent content by vanedor

1. Prophesy of Pendor V2.5 issues

Is there a changelog somewhere to know what's new in this version?
  2. The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

For me, the more important aspect is that the core of this mod remains, its uniqueness : Battles that are meaningful, factions that are "reduced"... I hope it won't just become another native with different units, different skins, different factions like basically all the mods currently available.
  3. Gotta love the new tournaments.

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Yeah, though it'd be nice if you could bet even more. Being able to make more in tournaments might alleviate the mid-game Sea Raider grind a little.

Because you feel the absolute need to purchase that 50k plate before going to war?

Just looting enemy villages and destroying Rhodok armies seems to bring more than enough cash to me already.
  4. who's who?

Kordian said:
    Temujin said:
    If the Rhodoks are Italian, then why don't they fall to the floor and complaign and whine on a regular base?

Coz they're too busy pwning french-style swadian sissies.  :mrgreen:

Or you mean trying to run away while the french-style swadian knights arrive? Afterall, there's a reason why they have that shield strapped on their back! :razz:
  5. who's who?

pentagathus said:
    In previuous versions I would definitely say Italians and only think a little bit scottish but now thier sargeants give me a smack in the face scottish feeling. I still think they're based of Italy but since they are a fictional country they clearly have elements of other nations.

Italian republics regularly hired swiss mercenaries for their infantry... and while the lower spearmen are the italian militiamen, the well equipped sergeants feel much like swiss mercenaries.
  6. who's who?

uncreative said:
    Since there was a "Roman Republic" before the empire, and I wouldn't be suprised if that was again inspired by something ancient Greek, the concept of Republic existed before even the traditional European feudal system. Also, women in Mesopotamia originally had far more rights than women in medieval Europe, perhaps even in some Middle Eastern countries today, so really, medieval Europe was sometimes more backwards than before.

The italian republics were inspired by the roman republic which itself was inspired by the greek republics. 

Seriously, the look and feel of the equipment is clearly european. Medieval. I see no reason why they are inspired by mesopotamia and ancient Greece while basically everything they got can be found in the italian republics.
  7. who's who?

Nikephoros said:
    actually, they can represent almost every merchant society of the full middle-ages.

So, the german baltic cities, genoa, milan, maybe even the swiss.
    Or even the hussites, if it wasn't for their prevalent heretical origins.

Actually, not.

Wine and olives in the Baltic states? In swizerland? Not really.

And Italian were famous for their crossbowmen and if Rhodok got a specialty, it's truly their crossbowmen.
  8. who's who?

You say they are not italian? And why?
  9. who's who?

About Rhodok...

They are too «civilized» to be scots and the concept of republic didnt exist there till pretty late. They are too westerner to be medieval greek and too medieval to be ancient greek. I might opt for the swiss but their love for crossbow is more italian and if you add to that the fact they are famous for their olive... well, I think we have no option but to pick something like the italian republic of Genoa as the model for this faction.
  10. choose your favourate troop in 1.003(POLL)

Picked Swadian knights as my favorite.

I hate Rhodok Sergeants. Playing as Swadia right now and I’m at war with Rhodok at the moment. While me, my knights, men-at-arms and other Khergit cavalrymen can mop Rhodok field armies quite easily… to assault a castle with its battlements filled with Rhodok sharpshooters and sergeants, is going to give me a hard time.
  11. morale is annoying me

Peace as well as a long bloody endless war is never good for the morale of professional armies, even in real life.

Here in Canada, when the government decided to go to Afghanistan, the army was celebrating. First occasion to actually go to a «real» war since Korea in the 50'.
  12. The Bandit Blues

HardCode said:
    You have it all wrong. In a game like Morrowind, for example, where you aren't forced to go into any specific area, then level based spawns suck. I agree to force the player to wait until they can handle the dungeon/area. However, in M&B, there is no choice but to deal with the world map. In this case, level based spawns is required. If there were areas that you could avoid, like certain towns acting as areas to explore, then fine. But not the world map.

Actually, you can avoid most areas where the most dangerous groups of bandits can spawn. They are quite predictable.

13. The Bandit Blues

Actually, what I would prefer is different sort of sea raiders. Not all of them as tough as they are right now.
  14. Mount&Blade Version 0.955 is Released!

MarkQuinn said:
    So in my first game I finally became a liege.  It was to Ragnar of the Nords.  I was excited when he asked me to join his campaign.  But the fun stopped when he asked me to do a task for him....

Find 22 heads of cattle and deliver them to him in four days.

Uh ... yeah.

So not only do I have to find these cattle (and as you all know it means going from village to village, some who might have 2 heads, some who might have 5, etc.) but then I have to FIND him on the map and deliver them!  It's hard enough driving cattle to a fixed location, but considering he could be all the way at the other end of the map by the time I have my 22, such a quest is really, really bad.

That ones a dropper (i.e. drop the quest quick).  Poor relations with my king be damned.

Yeah, got that quest once. Except it was 5 heads. But still, having to find cattle, and take it to him is really tedious. 22 is way too much and he should rather ask to lead them to a village or something.
  15. Mount&Blade Version 0.955 is Released!

scalylizard said:
    I didn't like the new arena changes. I liked the idea of tournament  but the regular arena fights are a total chaos with guys materializing right next to you all of a sudden . It became too crowded for my taste and doesn't feel real. I wish the old arena concept was brought back since I don't think I'll be going into arenas anymore simply because it doesn't feel as fun anymore.

Actually, how the arena works is much more fun and realistic now. If what you want to play are old style arena, just go play where there is a tournament. Friendly arena managers will tell you where the closest are!
Back
Top Bottom