Recent content by Uffa

1. naval combat

Finally got one naval battle to work, I did a clean install without steam of the newest version of bret, without freelancer... I was using the other version. With only one boat worth of troops boarding worked fine... Also had the graphics pack installed.  Dunno if multiple boats messes things up or not I will test it out later.
  2. Regarding the problems with the naval battles

Don't think multiple ships is the issue, I had been ordering to board so maybe thats it. <>I tried not giving the board order and it still happened... I think it happened for me before i had more then one boat aswell... and it happens everytime not just randomly.
  3. Spies; how to use them?

Right click the city you wanna send them.
  4. More Siege questions (Spoiler)

Why not give an option to control your spies during the siege? Can't poison the well or destroy food anymore unless you break the siege and give orders then re-engage it. I could see the arguement that they are too powerful during sieges but if thats teh case then they shouldn't have the option to poison anyway. \
    Also, noticed that if you try to cut off the fort by surrounding it they always charge out and destroy what im building and I have to start over... I see the purpose of this but it seems no matter which option i choose I always lose and can't finish building it. I have a hard time believing they would have destroyed all your work anyway maybe set you back 20 hours or something? but to force you to start all over is way too much imo.
  5. Regarding the problems with the naval battles

I have the newest warband, and I think i have Brytenwalda 1.35 the one before you removed freelancer? hard to tell since its the same version number but I don't know if that should effect naval combat. I always have the same issue every battle where the boats attach and move back and forth at lightspeed and then dissappear. And those people floating in mid air are the result, im not really sure what the red text is, doesn't happen every time. Also couldn't find naval battles in Custom, so i couldn't test it.  --- Cool, yea tested custom and it worked... the boat handled a bit differently aswell a little harder to steer, but boarding worked fine for a change. Don't use battlesizer either.
  6. Love the Mod, but there is just one thing...

Yea its probally too difficult to remove, but maybe just remove the morality aspect of it? I would expect the most important features of a lord of this time would be to honor agreements, pay his soldiers well and be loyal to his warband and vassals. This would increase how many lords would wish to serve him, instead they care more about if you release prisoners and don't loot villiages and put slaves in salt mines... doesn't make sense to me. Maybe change it to loyalty?
  7. Love the Mod, but there is just one thing...

I would suggest just getting rid of honor and make pagan vs christian more important since the honor aspect is way too subjective and based off morality from a christian point of view which wasn't the majorty world view at this time. Seems like the companions should be changed so that they care less about what goes on aswell, since very few people would have cared about looting villiages especially the hardened warriors like ciniod, or maybe make more pagan warriors? Great mod btw, just trying to make some suggestions so that you can have a better playthrough as pagan warlords.
  8. BUG Reports v 1.35 (Read first page before post)

I've been playing under 1.35 and my naval combat works until you try to board, then the boats slam together and I always fall off and get knocked out, so I just avoid naval battles all together but pirates are such good loot/prisoners. If you guys figure out how to get this working, it will be worth the trouble. Also noticed the pathing for me near cornwall could use some tweaking, always pulls me near france near the tip of cornwall.

Added some screens of the problem,
    6986A57DA0D23461717390FC7066D5A75811F7B1
    This is how it looks whenever two ships board
    A374C83FA88B50ACFC27B649E378FBCE300E15C6
    8F93DF010874713D1760DC8CF9E547FDFB55D1F2
  9. BUG Reports v 1.34

Siege warfare has alot of potential and I can’t wait until its working correctly, but I have noticed that it causes my troops to die because of Cold winter in August, didn’t grow up in Britain but I assume it’s not that cold there in august..
  10. BUG Reports v 1.34

I have the same issue, but I assumed its because it thinks my char is female since I have been getting achievements for female stuff... Picked a tall angel male, anyway to fix this without restarting?
  11. BUG Reports v 1.34

Sacked a Monasterie and didn't get any money for it, tried it again and same result..., basicly just faction hits with no rewards atm
Back
Top Bottom