Recent content by Ubba FenrisBarn

1. Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

Fun event and good times - I think the community might see more of the FenrisBarn in the future.
  2. Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

It has been some time since I last came here. I feel a return to the fields of vikingr might be in order.

I'll send out the fastest riders to see which Fenrir can be summoned in time.
  3. PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

As informed earlier on the topic, we are signing for the Viking side!

FenrisBarn
    Fenris' Children of the North

Jarl Ubba FenrisBarn
    Hersir Yngvald FenrisBarn
    Siri FenrisBarn
    Baleigr FenrisHirdr
    Bernhardr FenrisHirdr
  4. PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

Sign the FenrisBarn up for the Viking forces, I will confirm numbers and names in the next few days. Provisionally I imagine we will have: Jarl Ubba, Hersir Yngvald, Bernhardr, Baleigr and Dragomir.

Will confirm soon with a proper banner, etc - good work Celtic :smile:
  5. Jómsvíkingar [Recruiting]

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    It's a quick way to formalise leadership and 'power' within a group of players who are relatively unknown to one another. Ranks are largely attractive to a certain kind of player, although it has to be said that I'm not sure if Víkingr attracts that kind of mentality. There is only one other 'successful' group who utilizes a rank system and well, we know what kind of play-style they like to roll with. Aside from that, the remaining 'power-houses' in Víkingr (Fyrningas, Erlingar and Hæringar) do not prescribe themselves to ranks. I think that can be put down to familiarity with the module, with group-efforts and most importantly familiarisation with the players found within. Also, none of three openly recruit and are functioning on an invite-only (or selective) application process. Different strokes for different folks really, in the end. Some people can't function without knowing their place in the world, others are happy to just be.

Huh, man... Good luck Ragnarr! Please don't spam the server too much, it can be detrimental to a recruitment effort.  :razz:

As the leader of this "other" clan, we have two ranks - Jarl and Hersir, to distinguish the two leaders we have on the battlefield, that's it. I hardly think this minor change sets us apart from the other clans!

All I can say is congratulations Ragnar and best of luck! I do hope you wish to instil discipline and teamwork into your clan fighting as these are the key principles upon which becoming "successful" in this mod is all about!

Running around in an undisciplined and incoherent rabble is a sure way to die - just ask anyone familiar with the Roman war machine. Anyways enough splitting hairs, congratulations and I look forward to meeting you on the field!
  6. PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Eoferwic (21/7/13)

FenrisBarn
    Fenris' Children of North

Ubba FenrisBarn
    Yngvald FenrisBarn
    Dragomir FenrisBarn
    Baleigr FenrisHirdr
    Bernhardr FenrisHirdr
  7. Vikingr 1.0 Download released!

Yeah I thought that comment would provoke friendly banter, clearly its a sore subject  :grin: Seriously though it was only meant as a little jest between friends and I am not getting into a **** measuring contest of who's a "regular" player and who's been playing longer, that's just lame.

I honestly thought it would be taken lightly - sometimes we need more humour and fun on the forums, maybe its just an English thing. Anyways if anyone wants satisfaction I will be on the server tonight, just shout :smile:

It is puzzling why the Engle faction loses so much, maybe having one god isn't as good as having lots?
  8. Vikingr 1.0 Download released!

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the clans in vikingr who are predominantly Norse are better warriors than the ones who are mainly Engle??

This would explain why the Rus are kicking arse, Rus is the second choice for most Norse clans when Nordmenn are unavailable!

Or is this type of thinking too far out there for anyone to say........ :shock:
  9. Battle of Brūnanburh [old thread]

Hello Chaps

Ah well played on another vikingr event to be had, I will definitely be attending and will round up the FenrisBarn tonight to find out how many warriors we will be bringing to the Norse-Gael faction if there is still some space?

I imagine that we will be fielding a small number this time, but will confirm tomorrow.

Thanks -U
  10. FenrisBarn

Hail Brothers!

We are back *****es!

Haha, just thought I would make it official with Bjorn joining the warriors of old in Valhalla....

*takes a knee* I pledge my allegiance to my new Jarl, Jarl Yrminulf FenrisBarn. I give you my life and will slay every filthy saxon who stands before you until my sword arm drops from its socket or my body drops to this earth. I have no doubt that under your leadership we will prosper and our enemies will once again learn to fear the wolf. *touches the Jarl's sword hilt*

Haha yes Thor those were some great games, hopefully see Erlingr on the field soon!
  11. THE BATTLE OF 8 JULY: Se Ðéodloga

Herger - don't worry about there being more Normans to fight, it means MORE TO KILL!

They are weak and will run home with their tales between their legs on Sunday.

-Ubba
  12. THE BATTLE OF 8 JULY: Se Ðéodloga

Hello brothers,

I look forward to spilling Norman blood and then making Duke William kiss my sword before I ram it down his throat.

You French will regret even entering English land!

Sign ze Ubba FenrisBarn up! :grin:
  13. Bugs & Problems

Sorry guys but check out these screenies I took, the new patch has messed my game right up - can you help?

Ok so my screenshots wont attach because their taken with steam - bloody thing, add me on skype and I will show you: uhtredfyrninga

So every written word is appearing in transformers or matrix writing (illegible) and its very very annoying. I am sure there is an easy fix as I cant be the only one this happened too.

Thanks in advance

-Ubba
  14. Fir Áraig

Hengist said:
    Ubba FenrisBarn said:
    Anyways not to put a downer on it but if anyone feels that the split of our members is one sided then please do ask us to change and we will!
    If you mean this:
    Hengist said:
    Celtichugs said:
    auto-slay-everyone-make-it-unbalanced-troll-the-face-off-noobs-pwn-all

Right, that ability is reserved to Bjorn.  :razz:

I was just joking.  :wink:

No no Hengist - dont worry mate it wasnt aimed at anyone! Just a cheeky reminder that we are open to fair play  :smile:

I too agree that Bjorn is a one-man army, hate fighting him lol - anyways see you soon -U
  15. Fir Áraig

:O Harkon?.....you wish you could try as hard as us!  :smile:

Plus I wish I could record our conversations, all you would here is me and Bjorn complaining :wink: and ragnar asking what our second favourite animals are haha, and then Yrm talking about his mate who is passed out on his couch who we have labelled "Captain Hangover" its actually quite hilarious stuff!

Anyways not to put a downer on it but if anyone feels that the split of our members is one sided then please do ask us to change and we will!

Right back to the reason I came here: Was a shame I couldnt make the event (damned work) but I wanted to congratulate Ulraig on his effort, I heard that under your leadership your men fought like lions!

See you guys on the field!

-U
Back
Top Bottom