Recent content by Teslanbenz

1. Teslanbenz

Back after a year. Game is completely broken(un modded).

Found a thread saying i need to roll back my graphics drivers to a year ago.... going to give that a shot.
  2. Teslanbenz

Constant crashing, game is unplayble [1.2.9]

Same here. In back after a year and the game crashes whenever i enter certain cities. Ive never had a issue with crashes in early access.
  3. Teslanbenz

Back after a year. Game is completely broken(un modded).

Quickly found out entering Myzae crashes my 5700xt GPU. I have 412 hours in bannerlord early access and it perhaps crashed on me 5 times. Ive had 5 crashes in the past hour. Anyone else having this issue? Installed last night and verified files this morning.
  4. Teslanbenz

What makes Bannerlord dull

Even battle-wise. I don't like the new point-and-shoot arcade-y archery. I liked when I had to compensate gravity and bad stats, getting a feel for the potential arc, last time I tried it felt like a shotgun. After so many hours playing the original engine and how it was tuned I just have a very uncanny valley feel when playing the sequel. Like the inconsistent familiarity makes it worse when something deviates from what you'd normally expect. But maybe it's just me, I'll probably give it another go once the game is more ironed out.

PS: The waxy faces, robotic blinking speed and exaggerated body shapes and sudden expressions still kind of creep me out a bit. Hope some of this can be tweaked or ameliorated. The shaders are good, I think it's a combination of art direction and geometry.
    Lol, i have to disagree on the "uncanny valley" feel. Coming from 3d art this isnt even close to touching the uncanny valley. Its just bad artwork plain and simple. You can make far better characters using free software these days. And the paid ones.... (ex. character creator 4) can make some really next level stuff in no time at all. Pretty sure most this was made back when we still had to texture everthing by hand.
  5. Teslanbenz

What makes Bannerlord dull

In short, it's nothing more than a battle generator. After you've fought a few battles, it gets dull, not surprisingly. Warband was a bit thin on the non-combat aspects, but Bannerlord has managed to remove most of what little was there. In exchange, we got the ability to raise a successor, it you've got the patience to stick with a long, boring campaign long enough for that to matter.
    This is really a good point and huge miss by the developer. I wonder what percentage of players actually finish a multi generation game or if the developers ran any test during the alpha stages? I couldnt manage to play that long if i was hyped up on adderall and redbull. The game just simply doesnt have the content to engage an audience on this level.
  6. Teslanbenz

Argue for beauty [vote Available for "Sanala" City]

I don't like the idea of a cultural and economic center being restricted to a certain city. Its restrictive and feels like a step backwards. There certainly needs to be work in this area. Unique assets are a must in 2020. I would propose a system where the faction leader could declare a city his capital which would grant certain bonuses to development, income, etc.
  7. Teslanbenz

Playerbase shrinking rapidly -10% in the last month

That's not contradictory at all. Just because most players prefer single player games, it doesn't mean they play the same game for 5 years, which would be a typical timeframe for a MMO player.
    There are exceptions of course, for example a MMO that allows lots of solo PvE. But this is just logical considering they are GAAS, and it's still kind of multiplayer.
    But nobody is going to play the single player campaign of Mass Effect 3 continually for 5 years...
    I have no clue whats typical for most but your view on the "typical gamer" doesnt suit me. My three favorite games are kerbal space program, crusader kings 2 and skyrim. All are around 10 or more years old. One is still in active development (ksp), ck2 just exited development a year ago, and skyrim, along with creation club content.... my gosh the replayablity due to mods....
  8. Teslanbenz

SP can bring a lot of money into your bank once.
    MP can give you waaaaaaaay more over time.
    Take a look at LoL, CS:GO, WoW and GTA5

SP may be better for players but MP is where the money is at, all a developer or business actually cares about
    Cant argue with that. Rockstars success with gta v online changed the SP market.... in a horrible way for a gamer like me, who doesnt fancy mp online. Honestly, its not the online that bothers me... its the cost associated. I practice capitalism.... though id like to play it, its simply not worth the cost. Im sure u can find horror storries of kids spending thousands on their parent credit cards playing these games. Recently read a story about a guy who spent his whole inheritence on fifa online.
  9. Teslanbenz

Lol, all single players have a short life cycle, is just the life of games.

Number will increase after big patches, full game release, or a good mod release.

90% of the players wont play more than 1 campaign on vanilla (and less with the actual lack of replayability due poor rpg sandbox components)
    Non sense, according to sony atleast. Leaked data from 2020 shows gamers prefer single player games and spend more time offline. Quick google search will lead you to hundred of articles on the data. Unless of course you have data from hundreds of millions of players you would like to share.....
  10. Teslanbenz

Earnings Nerfed too hard?

Hover over your income, it breaks down income and expenses in a tooltip. After my latest conquest im pulling in 25k a day and only own 3 cities. However, most my garrisons are empty as the last few sieges were especially bloddy. Before i held one city and one castle with a max garrison. Like you, i was supplementing my income hunting bandits, winning tournanments, trading. Once my caravans got going i was able to bring in a small daily profit.
  11. Teslanbenz

How Active are you in Bannerlord?

I quit for several months before just recently picking up the game again. It does feel like the game is starting to come together. I now feel like we've actually entered beta. Atleast most the traits are implemented....
  12. Teslanbenz

I just don't get TW priorities.

While my armor protects me fine in combat. I've noticed my companions, fully armored, usually take the same # of hits from the ai in a tournament to drop vs. Un armored guys. I have a few guys wearing top of the line gear and a recruit will mirk them.
  13. Teslanbenz

The new map is not good enough in terms of graphics and texture, and it is not beautiful.

Please. I tried to play warband two days ago. Seeing how flat and bland the map was i immediately quit. I was using reshade and enb too.
  14. Teslanbenz

Buff the spear and pikes!

The problem right now is that thrusting spears do too little compared to swords, and axes.

Thrusting remains difficult to use and rather unwieldy.

In relation to swords, in real combat spears were often the main weapon and swords were used more as a backup. I would like to see Bannerlord head in that direction.

Thrusting speed needs a buff, as does damage.
    Spears were often used as a main weapon because pesants were so poor many times they used pitch forks. A stick with a point on it is effective and extremely cheap. A well fashioned sword. Those could only be afforded by the wealthy. The most effective army ever -- the roman army -- main weapon was the gladius- a short sword. The huns.... recurve bow. The english... long bow. No one counquered half the world with spears. They we a cheap weapon wielded mostly by poor peasants as other weapons became romanticized with knighthood and chivalry.
Back
Top Bottom